Pawn - Affliction

Hi,

Is there a 7.1.5 "approved" pawn stats weight string thingie somewhere for Affliction Warlocks.

I'm not very good player but i try to do thing to better myself. This however got me baffled.

The pawn string I found at noxxic (the only one I found) is completely different from what pawn "basic setups" suggest and i'm not sure where to go from here. Which one should I believe, or are they both off?

Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauna View Post
    Hi,

Is there a 7.1.5 "approved" pawn stats weight string thingie somewhere for Affliction Warlocks.

I'm not very good player but i try to do thing to better myself. This however got me baffled.

The pawn string I found at noxxic (the only one I found) is completely different from what pawn "basic setups" suggest and i'm not sure where to go from here. Which one should I believe, or are they both off?

Thanks!
    The pawn string is inaccurate. The Noxxic string matches what Icy Veins recommends on the matter. However, you shouldn't use generic stat weights. A better way to handle them is by using simulationcraft to calculate your own stat weights based on your current gear set.

An even bigger problem this time around is there are so many different talent setups being used and they all have different weights, so even if you sim you are only doing so for 1 talent setup. Mg contagion sc is very different from mg ac effigy, for example, and very different from a wia build, or things that use sts, which a good 3 fights are doing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    The pawn string is inaccurate. The Noxxic string matches what Icy Veins recommends on the matter. However, you shouldn't use generic stat weights. A better way to handle them is by using simulationcraft to calculate your own stat weights based on your current gear set.
    Thanks for reply.

I'm sure you're absolutely right with that simulationcraft thing. However, like I said I'm not very good at things (installed pawn today, never used before) so I actually don't even know what simulationcraft is.

My current gear set is what ever I can rummage from world quest and caches without bothering other people, so i'm sure this is at least a nudge in the right direction.

Anyway, thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauna View Post
    I'm sure you're absolutely right with that simulationcraft thing. However, like I said I'm not very good at things (installed pawn today, never used before) so I actually don't even know what simulationcraft is.
    If the idea of simming yourself is daunting and new, running yourself through this should be much more accurate than any template strings you find on sites and a good introduction for you.

https://raidbots.com/simbot

To give you an idea of what you are looking for, Mastery is our stat we want to stack most of, but if you don't get a balance of Crit and Haste to scale that mastery, it will eventually start losing in value over the other two. That is why weights that you find on sites will only be guidelines, as the true value will change as your stats change with new/different gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    If the idea of simming yourself is daunting and new, running yourself through this should be much more accurate than any template strings you find on sites and a good introduction for you.

https://raidbots.com/simbot

To give you an idea of what you are looking for, Mastery is our stat we want to stack most of, but if you don't get a balance of Crit and Haste to scale that mastery, it will eventually start losing in value over the other two. That is why weights that you find on sites will only be guidelines, as the true value will change as your stats change with new/different gear.
    Thanks, I'll give it a whirl!

I'm assuming you should do this every time you obtain a new piece of gear?

7+ Year Old Account
    Accurate pwn string: Simulate your own charactor.

Stat weights change as you get tier or artifact ranks or relics or different gear or raid comp or talent change or...

There is no universal stat weights.

Period.
    Don't be like haunt guy.