Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    6 months, give or take 1
    4-5.5 months. Tomb will come out sometime between mid May and late June.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    7.2 will be in ~3-4 months with some new outdoor stuff, prolly a new weekly quest chain, prolly the new dungeon.
    7.2.5 will release in 6-8 months and will open the new raid tier.
    Ptrs dont last that long. 7.2 will be out anywhere from mid March to early April. Even if it lasts 3, it wont last 4. No way they hold the raid off anywhere close to 8 months. 6 is the very max amount and even then I wouldn't expect more than 5.

Deleted
    4-6 months is a good time for a tier. Long enough to make some progress even for casual guilds, short enough not to get too boing. Sadly, it has only 10 bosses (imho 12 is a bit healthier), but its better then those short 7-boss raids (EN, FL etc).

7.2 just hit the PTR, I'd say they won't start raid testing prior to April.

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    Since 7.2 just released on the PTR, probably not too long. I guess 3 month max?
    3 months? lol yeah that wont happen. 7.2 is the first big legion patch.
    It will most likely be 6-7 months, and just because they go live with 7.2, doesnt mean that ToS will open straight away.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Best case scenario would be to have it out in 4-5 months, and release 7.2 on the 4-5 month mark. At that point simply don't open the raid until a month or two later, depending on how long they wait to bring out 7.2. Could coincide with 7.2.5 as well.

I realize that I'm in the minority of sorts, but I actually prefer a little bit of a lull in raiding content. The first five months of this expansion has pretty much been non-stop. I sort of like having ~2 months where I can play other games, and not focus on WoW as much. Introducing patch content and delaying raids basically hits all of those things for me, but again, I don't speak for everybody.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Not too long I'd hope. I want 7.2 sooner rather than later to help fix some of the issues I have with the game in its current state.

Far too long considering it has already been cleared :/

Quote Originally Posted by Toastyame View Post
    Hoping for July/August release of ToS. So ideally 6-8 months, (6 being soon, 8 being late). Anything over 10 months shouldn't exist, yet has every expansion so I'm not getting my hopes up.
    But only ever in the final tier. Nighthold is still in tier 1 of Legion, and there's at least 2 more coming.

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    Since 7.2 just released on the PTR, probably not too long. I guess 3 month max?
    7.2 release is not linked to Tomb release. Ion confirmed that in the post-Blizzcon Q&A.

10+ Year Old Account
    I expect the PTR to last 3-5 months and the next raid opening 1-2 months later. So Nighthold would last 4-7, with 5-6 more likely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    How long do you think Nighthold will be the current raid?
    My guess is end of April, maybe middle of May. Really hoping for shorter tiers to be honest. I'd love for them to go back to the old model and have multiple, substantial raids available at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    My guess is end of April, maybe middle of May. Really hoping for shorter tiers to be honest. I'd love for them to go back to the old model and have multiple, substantial raids available at the same time.
    I wish they could, but probably that would also mean going back to one diffculty and the removal of catchup mechanics. As the last time this really worked was TBC where the ilvl drop curve went from 115 on Attumen (first boss ppl would normally do) to 164 Kil'jaeden (Last boss in Sunwell) for a 49 ilvl increase over the whole expansion, that way new tiers don't instantly devaluate old(er) tiers and Guilds on theirs mains and their alts would normally progress multiplie "tiers" at the same time (as in maybe you would be doing MH/BT on main at some point, while the alt was progressing in Kara / Gruul / Magtheridon or SCC/TK, or even Guild A would be going BT/MH while Guild B is just starting Kara and Guild C is midway progressing in SCC/TK).

With the current Ilvl inflation where you see 835 dropping in LFR EN up to 920 (i think) in Myhic NH good for a 95 ilvl curve in just one tier i just don't think its possible to keep "old" raids valid as the rewards for running NH for example are just to good compared to lets say EN. Where for example in TBC drops from lower raids could easily be BiS (or close to BiS) for a long time. For example i remember using the Hex Shrunken Head trinket from ZA to the end of the expansion, or Robes of the Seawitch from Lady Vashj till i got the T6 chest of Illidan.
    Last edited by chronia; 2017-01-20 at 12:32 PM.

Deleted
    it's already dead to me - wasn't impressed at all, very confusing - graphics clutter and camera angle should not be main difficulty for boss encounters.