Help with logs, low dmg.

We killed Star auger last night on heroic, but my damage was always around 400-450 which is super low(15th%ile). I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Is it gear or is it skill.

My haste is 11.3k, crit 8k, mastery 3.5k. Before the patch i had 10k haste and about 11k crit so still slowly swapping it over to 12k haste then a lot more mastery. I have 2 relics for VT apparitions and a mind blast one which are all bad now but looks like it will be a while before i upgrade them. I have legendary bracers and head so mastery will be awesome. I was also trying the new guldan trinket.

On the first voidform i am popping pi earlier to get a better ve as our healers were doing damage until phase 2. Normally i try and pi about 10 secs into voidform and voit right near the end. Is this the best way to do it? I swapped to san'layn from SA after a few pulls, seemed like more damage
    but with my 2 relics and that much crit it might have been a mistake. Is the guldan trinket actually good, i saw the sims before the nerf and it was crazy but it just seemed really bad to me. Trinkets are socket plaguehive(880), Obelisk(880),Urn(875) and Whispers(890). Should i be using Plaguehive and Urn?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=49

Any help would be great.

You aren't void torrenting when you enter void form and I'd imagine thats shortening it by quite a bit. This hurts you a lot esp. when you have lingering insanity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    You aren't void torrenting when you enter void form and I'd imagine thats shortening it by quite a bit. This hurts you a lot esp. when you have lingering insanity.
    Why does it even matter? He's not going for 2nd void torrent anyway - if anything, void torrent near the end would benefit even more from haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Wrong. This isn't Surrender bud.

So i do save until the end of voidform?

Deleted
    First, congrats on the down.

You should understand that there is currently only 2000 parses for heroic Etraeus. The other player in the pools are likely very good. There is no shame in being at 11% at this point.

Most people in the ranking will have much, much more than only 1 rank in darkening whisper, the top logs having 20 already. That's a 10% difference in damage.

Basically, if you are trying to up your dps at this poinnt you just need to dot everything more. Including the small voidlings. Mindflay for aoe on them as well.