10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    why didn't he just use that spell?

when he clawed through the images of the leaders, that question hit me.

the eredar warlocks have these crazy spells, but they're never used. they should never give an enemy that kind of power, because it makes the plot armor too obvious imo.
    I'd imagine Dalaran 2.0 is warded against that this day and age (if that is even possible). Or otherwise it requires an element of proximity that Kil'jaeden doesn't have at the moment.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

why didn't he just use that spell?

when he clawed through the images of the leaders, that question hit me.

the eredar warlocks have these crazy spells, but they're never used. they should never give an enemy that kind of power, because it makes the plot armor too obvious imo.
    Archimonde was on Azeroth when he did it, as well as having whatever artifact that was. KJ is like on the otherside of the universe. I don't think their magic is that powerful lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumred View Post
    Going by the look of Argus is there anything for us to go to? after 7.2 It looks like its just a giant dead rock with felfire. Even KJ wasn't on the planet but on a ship orbiting it. Seems like Argus is dead as can be and even the Legion doesn't seem to use its surface for its HQ.
    Considering how Blizzard said we're going to Argus in a later patch I would say it's safe to say that there's parts of it to still go to.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Considering how Blizzard said we're going to Argus in a later patch I would say it's safe to say that there's parts of it to still go to.
    Yeh we are definitely going there. In the trailer we are seeing the planet from outerspace, so of course it's going to not look like much. Way to far away from it to get an details.

Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    Who is the Paladin with the CM gear in the trailer? Everyone else has their 2nd in command (not counting Kor'vas due to Kayn/Altruis choice) but them. Who is that curious light-wielder? Can it be? The HIGHLORD?
    Why does he look like the Maximillion of Northshire (The New paladin follower for 7.2)...

.....Advertising I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I'd imagine Dalaran 2.0 is warded against that this day and age (if that is even possible). Or otherwise it requires an element of proximity that Kil'jaeden doesn't have at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Archimonde was on Azeroth when he did it, as well as having whatever artifact that was. KJ is like on the otherside of the universe. I don't think their magic is that powerful lol.
    like literally all he has to do is step through the tomb portal, they have complete domination of the broken shore currently.

there's nothing to stop him, or any other warlock, coming through and casting the spell. unless maybe the city is warded somehow, which i could maybe see, but fel does tend to undo arcane wards pretty easily.

then there's the fact that eredar scrub #10342085720 was able to one shot the whole surface of a world by itself, just stepping through the portal. i mean, i get why they wouldn't use that on azeroth now, since sargeras wants to fuck her. but there's too many plot armor instances with this stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    and he is kinda right in that. chronicle shows, every plot was sargeras's. they have all failed miserably.

i mean, he's tried getting himself teleported to azeroth so many times and each time it has failed. he's had thousands upon thousands of years of knowing of azeroth to travel to her himself. but apparently he sits and waits for a portal instead of even making a dent in the journey.
    So you are telling me Sargeras is one of those assholes who waits for a port or rez instead of just going back himself? Worst titan, no wonder they kicked him.

like literally all he has to do is step through the tomb portal, they have complete domination of the broken shore currently.

there's nothing to stop him, or any other warlock, coming through and casting the spell. unless maybe the city is warded somehow, which i could maybe see, but fel does tend to undo arcane wards pretty easily.

then there's the fact that eredar scrub #10342085720 was able to one shot the whole surface of a world by itself, just stepping through the portal. i mean, i get why they wouldn't use that on azeroth now, since sargeras wants to fuck her. but there's too many plot armor instances with this stuff.
    Archimonde didn't "simply step through a portal" back during the third war. He was summoned by Kel'thuzad in a very complex ritual.
    Since Gul'dan was busy with ignoring the middleman and going directly for Sargeras, I don't think any other Warlock loyal to the Legion would be able to summon him.

That's to give it at least some kind of explanation. At the end, lore has to bow before gameplay even if it doesn't make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    Archimonde didn't "simply step through a portal" back during the third war. He was summoned by Kel'thuzad in a very complex ritual.
    Since Gul'dan was busy with ignoring the middleman and going directly for Sargeras, I don't think any other Warlock loyal to the Legion would be able to summon him.

That's to give it at least some kind of explanation. At the end, lore has to bow before gameplay even if it doesn't make any sense.
    there's a MASSIVE gaping portal in the tomb of sargeras, and kil'jaedan is in the tomb itself for the raid.

he doesn't need to be summoned, he can come and go through it as he pleases.

He's probably smart enough to know Arch just attempted that plan and got rekt, so he's probably a bit hesitant to pull any hail mary's.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    there's a MASSIVE gaping portal in the tomb of sargeras, and kil'jaedan is in the tomb itself for the raid.

We gotta remember demons are bound to the Twisting nether, not just simple "space" (great dark beyond), it needs more energy for bigger/powerful demons.

The sunwell was used to summon archimonde, but they couldn't simply summon Kil'jaeden later on.

Does that mean Kil'jaeden is stronger then Archimonde? No ,The sunwell became corrupted, and blood elves would turn into wretched if not for other magic souces.

It took a lot of energy to even partly restore the sunwell to summon KJ, (mana forges in netherstorm & captured anveena).

Only until M'uru was purified, he sacrificed himself to restore the Sunwell after the KJ fight.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-03-23 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    We gotta remember demons are bound to the Twisting nether, not just simple "space" (great dark beyond), it needs more energy for bigger/powerful demons.

The sunwell was used to summon archimonde, but they couldn't simply summon Kil'jaeden later on.
    but like i said though... he's in the tomb, on azeroth, in the raid.

i get that it's plot armor, and that's really my problem with it. they shouldn't have given them those kind of one shot powers, cause it's too obvious when they don't use them.

Lol, Archimonde tried exactly that, and got his ass kicked. I'm pretty sure Kil'jaeden knows that it would end the same way for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    Lol, Archimonde tried exactly that, and got his ass kicked. I'm pretty sure Kil'jaeden knows that it would end the same way for him.
    Lol that's what im saying. KJ isn't a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    except this time, he was literally watching a whole group of important people standing on it, and it's floating, AND it's the main opposition to the legion.

AND he'd be in the middle of an island entirely dominated by the legion, nobody could get to him to kick his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Why does he look like the Maximillion of Northshire (The New paladin follower for 7.2)...

.....Advertising I guess?
    I think it might be
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Gryan_Stoutmantle
    but it still doesnot look like any known paladin.
    TBH I hoped it to be Lord Greyson Shadowbreaker..

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Was Kil'Jaeden communicating through the fel tool with Sargeras in that video? If so, either Sargeras isn't at his top form, is very forgiving, or Kil'Jaeden is damn brave to take that tone towards his master and cut the communication by himself. Probably one of the first two, I guess?
    Kil'Jaeden knows Sargeras needs him. Also Kil'Jaeden has every right to be pissed. I have a feeling the vision Sargeras showed him was a big lie/illusion and Kil'Jaeden will maybe turn on Sargeras at last moment.

Damn I really like Kil'Jaeden, in this one cinematic he showed more personality than entire Burning Legion so far throughout expansion.

except this time, he was literally watching a whole group of important people standing on it, and it's floating, AND it's the main opposition to the legion.

AND he'd be in the middle of an island entirely dominated by the legion, nobody could get to him to kick his ass.
    Isn't new Dalaran shielded? Of course he should have killed them all but, lorewise, there is probably some reason he did not. Who knows, maybe he knew he would have trouble with it after seeing Khadgar fight in the tomb.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account

IF Fel infused ground, (sargeras being buried there for long time), works similar Light's hope Hallowed ground, it could make sense he's empowered by the proximity of energies.

Kinda reminds me how the Lich King had trouble at light's hope during the DK start experience.

And Tirion got dispatched rather easily on the Broken Shore despite his calls to the light.

Lore wise the nightwell is gone in 7.2 so it can't be that.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-03-23 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Isn't new Dalaran shielded? Of course he should have killed them all but, lorewise, there is probably some reason he did not. Who knows, maybe he knew he would have trouble with it after seeing Khadgar fight in the tomb.
    i know the new mage follower(this is a spoiler) quest has you use kathra'natir and the nightborne soulstone to bolster the defenses of dalaran, but that doesn't happen until after this new assault.