Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Yeah I'm confused about the respec thing, kanrethad was throwing out chaosbolts and summoning pitlords and what have you, I can't exactly pin a spec on him.
    It's the same way you can't really pin a spec on Khadgar. Some of the heroes in WoW are every spec in one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwill View Post
    It's the same way you can't really pin a spec on Khadgar. Some of the heroes in WoW are every spec in one.
    Still, even for those types either they have an actual class in the lore or it's pretty clear how they lean (Thrall is a Farseer / Warrior dual-class, but as far as his Shamanism goes even tho he dips into all aspects he is clearly more Elemental than Enhance, and both of those more than Resto ... Khadgar is an Archmage but with all his insights and esoteric knowledge I'd say he pretty clearly draws more on Arcane than Fire or Ice).

Kanrethad, even tho he drew upon all schools of Warlockery I think is safe to say - or was at least back then - Demonology. The entire questline I think makes it pretty clear what the specs for all the Council were. He showed exceptional skill with all three schools but I think he went way above/beyond with his Demonology knowledge - only Warlock to maintain permanent metamorphosis, and was calling upon hordes of imps, and multiple felhunters, a Pitlord and multiple Doomguards.

Not that I really care. We probably get some fun dialogue where we get an in-lore reason for us losing Meta. Probably what I'd floated before ... something along the lines of it being too dangerous even for Warlocks / everyone saw the cost he paid and no one dares risk it / etc, etc, etc. Maybe even he'll be kinda scarred or disfigured and literally can't shift into Meta again even if he wanted to.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Kanrethad, even tho he drew upon all schools of Warlockery I think is safe to say - or was at least back then - Demonology. The entire questline I think makes it pretty clear what the specs for all the Council were. He showed exceptional skill with all three schools but I think he went way above/beyond with his Demonology knowledge - only Warlock to maintain permanent metamorphosis, and was calling upon hordes of imps, and multiple felhunters, a Pitlord and multiple Doomguards.

Not that I really care. We probably get some fun dialogue where we get an in-lore reason for us losing Meta. Probably what I'd floated before ... something along the lines of it being too dangerous even for Warlocks / everyone saw the cost he paid and no one dares risk it / etc, etc, etc. Maybe even he'll be kinda scarred or disfigured and literally can't shift into Meta again even if he wanted to.
    I'd be willing to bet we'd enlist the aid of the illidari who then drain the excess demonic power from him, since they're so much better with fel magic than we are apparently....

Quote Originally Posted by Maleific View Post
    I'd be willing to bet we'd enlist the aid of the illidari who then drain the excess demonic power from him, since they're so much better with fel magic than we are apparently....
    They aren't the first ones to one-up the warlock.

Death knights stole the art of necromancy. Recall the first generation death knights were the work of warlocks, and Ner'zhul himself had become a warlock.

Shadow priests even have a talent called reaper of souls (and unholy DK got soul ripper ofc). Shadow priests cover the whole void magic this expansion with much better flavor/animations than affliction which merely conjures puffs of smoke over the target as the only indicator of spells you cast besides drain soul.

So that new Destro artifact trait, Cry Havoc, that people were unhappy about? It's gone. There's an "Under Construction. Check back soon!" in its place.

Warlock relevant changes datamined from the new PTR build:

Sacrolash's Dark Strike: Grants +15% Corruption damage in addition to the snare.

Glyph of Fel Succubus: Item name changed to Corrupted Sayaad Orb. Probably meaning we'll have to work a little harder to get it than just throwing herbs at an Inscriber.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Yeah I'm confused about the respec thing, kanrethad was throwing out chaosbolts and summoning pitlords and what have you, I can't exactly pin a spec on him.
    Kanrethad was stated as a master of demonology in the little tome you find at the SW/Orgrimmar warlock trainers. It stated the spec of all the council members, and nearly all the followers are the wrong spec.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Aren't we all? After all those Warlock changes let's say... since MoP, we have all changed spec once or twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Aren't we all? After all those Warlock changes let's say... since MoP, we have all changed spec once or twice.
    Is that unusual? I've changed specs at nearly every expansion switch over. The only exception was staying Destro from Cata to Mists, and Mists Destro was basically an entirely new spec compared to Cata Destro.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    Warlock relevant changes datamined from the new PTR build:

Sacrolash's Dark Strike: Grants +15% Corruption damage in addition to the snare.

Glyph of Fel Succubus: Item name changed to Corrupted Sayaad Orb. Probably meaning we'll have to work a little harder to get it than just throwing herbs at an Inscriber.
    Oh thank god. Always sucked that Aff had one less dps legendary than the other two specs. That ring will now pair VERY nicely with AC

Meanwhile Power Cord of Lethtendris is still trash ;(. RIP legendary #5 also garbaggio

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post

And all for a pet that no-one ever uses in PVE because it's garbage.

We might as well summon infernal meteors and ride them across the sky as means of travel and it would be still be a better idea than dreadstead 2.0.

15% on the ring, not the best but at least not the crap it actually is.

As someone who got my dreadsteed from the original class questline (and still uses the dreadsteed exclusively) I have to say I actually like these new models.

I AM surprised they just went with another horse but the idea that I get to hold onto everything I put into getting the dreadsteed in a way...while also getting something new and shiny...and with how HORRENDOUSLY warlocks have lost their class fantasy/abilities/uniqueness (hello vanilla ritual of doom :*( )I'll take it!

I am Druid - Play Free Online Games

We really should be complaining about the SoC 50% less damage to trigger talent. Thats friggin useless and a complete waste of a talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    We really should be complaining about the SoC 50% less damage to trigger talent. Thats friggin useless and a complete waste of a talent.
    Pretty much this. Completely useless talent. Some of such talents were already reworked for other classes, but considering what blizzard did with our golden traits they're not going to do it for this one.