Why weren't legendaries multi speced?

Much like the tier sets why didn't blizzard opt to use the same system? An effect for each spec on a single item. This would have cut down the pool giving you more chance at either one you want for main spec or possibly give you a BiS off spec option.

I know traditional legendaries were never multi speced but I feel these are no ordinary legendaries we are beyond that now. We don't pull them from anything significant like illidans glaives we just have them pop up.

I also feel it's not too late for this to be a possibility. The only factor is that people may end up with legendaries in different slots and be down an item where a legendary once was as they didn't expect to fill that place. But they could always be sent a filler much like going from wod into legion with the artifact system.

Would have been much easier to do at the start though.

For the same reason Blizzard doesn't do {x} or {y} or {z}.

...because fuck you.

Because in a pure RNG system if you don't have pure winners and pure losers the gambling effect is lessened and thus RNG becomes less RNG. Clearly RNG being more RNG was the goal of this expansion from top to bottom.

In a very real sense Blizzard probably never wanted Legendaries to have the impact they currently have and now that it's too late and they realized the problem they can't fix it without punishing players that have gotten lucky with their primary spec. A trade system or token vendor in an upcoming patch would be really nice to have for those that are unlucky, like myself. Prydaz, Sephuz, Zevrim's, and Shadow Hunter's are pretty damn meh for me and just left me feeling disappointed, not the "Oh Boy!!!" feeling Blizzard wanted me to have.

Because it is FUN to force you to stay in one loot spec and never have legendaries for your other specs! FUN DAMN YOU

Same reason as to why artifact power isn't shared either. Blizzard thought it was an excellent idea to discourage you from switching spec. Fuck knows why.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

15+ Year Old Account
    Because of, つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Class Fantasy ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Because they fucked up.

You know there'd be people who would complain even harder about Legendary power gap because now they have the advantage in all specs instead of just one. And we'd have a thread here asking why Legendaries weren't single speced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Because Blizzard wants to lock you into one spec, they've pretty explicitly said that(as stupid as it is)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Agreed, if you get 2 legendaries for a spec then your pretty much fucked if you decide to play another spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    You know there'd be people who would complain even harder about Legendary power gap because now they have the advantage in all specs instead of just one. And we'd have a thread here asking why Legendaries weren't single speced.
    Not really. If some of the effects were shared between similar pieces like frost and unholy bracers but you could simply just tweak them to be different effects. Like maybe the bracers for dks say Frost: Pillar of Frost also increases your frost damag by 15%. Unholy : Festering Strike has a (whatever it is) chance to refund a rune or whatever the effect is. It could be pretty easy to balance this system so that one legendary is the best for one spec and is only kinda sorta a little good for another spec.

The thing that really feels bad is when you go from your best spec with the BiS legendary items to being "forced" into playing a different spec because it's better or something but you don't have any. Even if you had some "bad" legendary items from you off spec you wouldn't be so hesitant to switch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Well, a few can be used for multiple specs - ring, neck and I think the new trinkets.
    Paladin belt (Chain of Thrayn) is one of the odd ones that all three specs can use to effectiveness. I'm glad is was the first one on that alt of mine.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like an idea, but I wouldn't support it.

Sometimes, things shouldn't be all smooth and hand holding, some items just aren't meant to be used by certain specc. I rather want a bit diverted use, than that everything sizes up to you.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Not really. If some of the effects were shared between similar pieces like frost and unholy bracers but you could simply just tweak them to be different effects. Like maybe the bracers for dks say Frost: Pillar of Frost also increases your frost damag by 15%. Unholy : Festering Strike has a (whatever it is) chance to refund a rune or whatever the effect is. It could be pretty easy to balance this system so that one legendary is the best for one spec and is only kinda sorta a little good for another spec.

The thing that really feels bad is when you go from your best spec with the BiS legendary items to being "forced" into playing a different spec because it's better or something but you don't have any. Even if you had some "bad" legendary items from you off spec you wouldn't be so hesitant to switch.
    Yeah but reality has nothing to do with it. The point is the grass is always greener when someone else has something you don't. When you see someone has a legendary that changes itself depending on specs, you might see it as having that one item makes their offspecs more advantageous than your own main spec. A multipurpose legendary is only good when you have it, but it sucks even more when you don't.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2017-01-20 at 11:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Deleted
    Cause more RNG -> players need to play more to get what they want -> more $$$