Page 1 of 2
LastLast

7.2 PTR - Artifact challenge appearances.

A Challenging Look - Complete an artifact challenge quest line and unlock a new appearance for your artifact weapon.

A scenario designed around the capabilities of each spec perhaps ?
    That has a lot of potential.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    A scenario designed around the capabilities of each spec perhaps ?
    That is basically what they announced at Blizzcon. Solo challenge scenarios akin to the vanilla Hunter/Priest weapon questlines, or Green Fire in more recent years, not impossible but with a bit of a kick to it.

I can't fucking wait. I loved doing the Green Fire challenge.

Edit: And I hope it's hard AF, too. To keep it prestigious.

Thats for the 2nd hidden artifact skin right ?.

Well there will be alot of salty people then i guarantee that, on the Ptr when i go to the paladin forge and mouse over the different colors:

1st recolor is hc Kil'jaeden, seems reasonable i guess, the final color is something like kill every dungeonboss with the main color variant but here it comes - the 2nd color variant needs me to win 10 rbg games, a pve weapon skin with 3 pve colors wants me to win 10 rbg's that i hate with a passion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post

Well there will be alot of salty people then i guarantee that, on the Ptr when i go to the paladin forge and mouse over the different colors:

1st recolor is hc Kil'jaeden, seems reasonable i guess, the final color is something like kill every dungeonboss with the main color variant but here it comes - the 2nd color variant needs me to win 10 rbg games, a pve weapon skin with 3 pve colors wants me to win 10 rbg's that i hate with a passion.
    Yep, just saw that too. Really hope its a placeholder (or that they consider a change) - because this was announced as "solo content appearance". RBG's have NOTHING to do with that.

Edit: What makes it worse - it *seems* like you may have to do it with each spec seperatly - have fun finding:

- A RBG group as tank paladin
    - A RBG group as demo wl
    - A RBG group as brewmaster

Really, they need to consider something else than RBG's ....
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2017-01-26 at 11:12 AM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Deleted
    I am worried. Not about HOW you get it but the challenge itself.

I do not believe that they can make Green Fire-tier hard (before SoO gear) quest line/scenario for EACH and EVERY SPEC in game. That's... ~35 solo scenarions, right?

No fucking way. No way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post

Seriously? They straight up state that the point of the skin and it's alternatives was it to be a sign of individual player skill and they lock the recolours behind group content? Couldn't even have made one obtainable from something like a special solo rank 8 brawler's guild style world boss on the broken shore or spawned elsewhere on the isles and another from a treasure hunt like most of the original hidden artifact appearances came from before their recolours came from a stupid amount of grinding.

Quote Originally Posted by Niibek View Post
    I am worried. Not about HOW you get it but the challenge itself.

I do not believe that they can make Green Fire-tier hard (before SoO gear) quest line/scenario for EACH and EVERY SPEC in game. That's... ~35 solo scenarions, right?

No fucking way. No way.
    It'll probably be more like 12 challenges and three (average) new hidden appearances for you as a reward.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

i did green fire undergeared when it was current and after they made it a lot harder, that shit tilted me so hard, but it was super satisfying to finish. looking forward to these if their anything close to that ill be happy
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Seriously? They straight up state that the point of the skin and it's alternatives was it to be a sign of individual player skill and they lock the recolours behind group content? Couldn't even have made one obtainable from something like a special solo rank 8 brawler's guild style world boss on the broken shore or spawned elsewhere on the isles and another from a treasure hunt like most of the original hidden artifact appearances came from before their recolours came from a stupid amount of grinding.
    This tier theme seems to be challenge:

1. skin - solo challenge
    2. skin - PVE challenge - heroic Kil'jaden
    3. skin - PVP challenge - 10 RBG wins

I think requirement for 4. skin will change later in PTR.

Logic tells me that you must complete specific spec challenge for main weapon, but color variants will be completable on any spec. So if you're spec is underperforming in PVP, just try different one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    This tier theme seems to be challenge:

1. skin - solo challenge
    2. skin - PVE challenge - heroic Kil'jaden
    3. skin - PVP challenge - 10 RBG wins

I think requirement for 4. skin will change later in PTR.

Logic tells me that you must complete specific spec challenge for main weapon, but color variants will be completable on any spec. So if you're spec is underperforming in PVP, just try different one.
    But it's still contrary to their statement that this artifact appearance and it's alternatives would be representative of an individual player's skill on par with the Warlock's green fire challenge. Requiring a Raid Boss kill and trying to form up for and score 10 wins in rated battlegrounds is clearly not that. Not to mention they already have appearances that are locked behind raid and pvp stuff respectively already.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.

But it's still contrary to their statement that this artifact appearance and it's alternatives would be representative of an individual player's skill on par with the Warlock's green fire challenge. Requiring a Raid Boss kill and trying to form up for and score 10 wins in rated battlegrounds is clearly not that. Not to mention they already have appearances that are locked behind raid and pvp stuff respectively already.
    Show me where they tell that other color variants will also be about solo challenge.

They have PVE and PVP skins, but not challenging ones, anyone can do easily Balance of Power and Honor levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Show me where they tell that other color variants will also be about solo challenge.

They have PVE and PVP skins, but not challenging ones, anyone can do easily Balance of Power and Honor levels.
    They didn't specifically say that each of the colour variants would be awarded from the solo challenge to unlock them but they did say it would be a challenge to get the actual appearances and no grouping would be required or allowed to complete them. Also are you really saying that the Glory of the Legion Hero and the M+15 unlocked artifact appearances don't showcase people overcoming challenging content? Also the artifact appearance locked behind honor levels shows that player is pretty dedicated to PvP to go through the effort of grinding through all those boring levels.

They didn't specifically say that each of the colour variants would be awarded from the solo challenge to unlock them but they did say it would be a challenge to get the actual appearances and no grouping would be required or allowed to complete them. Also are you really saying that the Glory of the Legion Hero and the M+15 unlocked artifact appearances don't showcase people overcoming challenging content? Also the artifact appearance locked behind honor levels shows that player is pretty dedicated to PvP to go through the effort of grinding through all those boring levels.
    They said that new skin will be for solo challenge quest and it is, I don't get your problem with it. It looks like whining for the sake of whining. Color variants are a bonus. Yeah, we have challenge skin for dungeon, but none for raid and PVP.

Heroc KJ, can be bought with gold so no skill or challenge
    Win 10 RBG, can be bought with gold so no skill or challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    There has always been the possibility for boosts in any non-solo content.
    And any challenge increasingly trivialised with improvements to your gear could be at least reduced in difficulty by buying better gear.

The only way to really have prestige in ANY way is for fixed conditions.
    Either solo with a fixed template.
    Or group with a fixed composition and again fixed templates.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Green fire quest for lock was absolutely amazing. I found it much harder then priest and hunter vanilla ones. I didn't have good gear, and started as affliction doing it, was much better with destro, but still I had to make quite a few macroes to manage it. It was amazingly fun.

I actually wish they'd use a template system to keep it difficult so you simply don't overgear through it. I think my experience would be shit if I had good gear on my lock when I did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Solo Challenges, can be bought with gold so no skill or challenge.

Don't act like there aren't PG30 boosts or Brawler Guild boosts, or there were no Black Harvest boosts.

Everything can be bought.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Solo Challenges, can be bought with gold so no skill or challenge.

Don't act like there aren't PG30 boosts or Brawler Guild boosts, or there were no Black Harvest boosts.

Everything can be bought.
    While true, adding a weapon skin for 10 RBG wins just encourages more rbg boosts.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    While true, adding a weapon skin for 10 RBG wins just encourages more rbg boosts.
    While I don't like the concept of RBGs for an appearance unlock, simply because of the way it works, I don't see what other activity they could have used for it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    While I don't like the concept of RBGs for an appearance unlock, simply because of the way it works, I don't see what other activity they could have used for it.
    Maybe just 25 bg's (rated and random ones) won? After all, you still would have to get a) the single challange appereance to unlock it and b) 25 bg's - even just unrated ones take some time to win, and you can do them "solo".

#TEAMGIRAFFE