Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do you think we'll get any new animations soon? Have we already gotten new ones? :o

From the PTR patch notes;
    Class Combat Updates
    The launch of Legion included many updates to class animations, sounds, and spell effects. These will continue in Patch 7.2 with updates to Hunters, Death Knights, and Balance Druids. More are on the way!
    That got me thinking - have warlocks gotten their animations updated? Don't think so?

when they get around to it, i want destruction warlock's to look unrefined and brutal. like they're ripping the fel from the nether with hate and rage.

and then something ritualistic looking for shadow priest.

Nope, we havent gotten any new animations so far.

I'm really hoping for some really cool animations for destruction and affliction. Demonology is ok, though I'd love a better animation and spell effect for Demonic Empowerment, right now they just become slightly bigger and a faint purple glow.
    Right now both feel rather lame, I'd settle with just giving us the old burning embers animation back, where we got set aflame based on how many embers we had.

Deleted
    I don't expect them to bring any visual updates at all to wls.
    They didn't even bother to update the drain soul icon in the afflic spec preview page to fit in the round box.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    when they get around to it, i want destruction warlock's to look unrefined and brutal. like they're ripping the fel from the nether with hate and rage.

and then something ritualistic looking for shadow priest.
    Don't worry. From recent history, you can be fully assured that anything they do with warlocks will be unrefined and brutal

7+ Year Old Account
    Ha! If anything they'll remove another cool looking animation or two.

They will update a few spells and in the patch after that give them either to Demon Hunters or Mages because "class fantasy", and warlock will end up with even worse visuals.
    I can already see how mages get a new spell named "meteor shower" with improved Rain of Fire visual, and in turn Rain of Fire is changed to: "Rain of a fire", a single flame like the hunter flare ability falling from the sky.

At this point I'd be happy if they just fixed the bugs our current animations already have, tbh.

Honestly, I doubt it.

I wouldnt mind getting the old MG spell effect back. The current one if you have a tall mob or one that is very far away it can take soo long to get to you and sometimes never does before you stop draining. This variation had energy going from lock to mob, while soul drain got sucked from the mob to the lock!

https://youtu.be/tCABw788iTw?t=1m33s

Quote Originally Posted by Ozbaab View Post
    That got me thinking - have warlocks gotten their animations updated? Don't think so?
    Melee animations were done for Legion launch. (The DK update is updated pet models, not new animations.) Updated ranged class animations are in progress and will be released as soon as each class is done. It's just going to take a while because animations are the most man-hour intensive game element to add, and the animation team also has to be working on things like new raid bosses that take priority. Hunters and Balance Druids will be the first.

So yes, Warlocks are getting new animations and no, we don't know when they'll be finished. (You may cue the usual doom and gloom crying about Warlock persecution and how we'll be last in line for them and yadda yadda yadda.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    Melee animations were done for Legion launch. (The DK update is updated pet models, not new animations.) Updated ranged class animations are in progress and will be released as soon as each class is done. It's just going to take a while because animations are the most man-hour intensive game element to add, and the animation team also has to be working on things like new raid bosses that take priority. Hunters and Balance Druids will be the first.

So yes, Warlocks are getting new animations and no, we don't know when they'll be finished. (You may cue the usual doom and gloom crying about Warlock persecution and how we'll be last in line for them and yadda yadda yadda.)
    tbh i think we're gonna have our visual update the same time as we get our "rework". so it can take a while. aha
    At least not in 7.2 it seems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't dream for anything beyond a potential return of Malefic Grasp's animation.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

If they replace anything there will be objections from those who prefer the original.
    They won't ever please everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Would be nice if they made the fiery part of Demonbolt green with when you have done the green fire quest

7+ Year Old Account
    i feel blizz needs to just change how our demons work... cause its so annoying

i want a hunter type system, they fit into a catergory each and such, but i just hate the current system

when i get oracle it looks shitty, why cant i have a darkglare?
    i want a dreadlord/inquisitor not a doomguard
    i want my wrathguard, or one of those winged flaming demons

we should be able to "enslave" demons like a hunter, i think yes it would be "meh" but it would be so fricken cool
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i feel blizz needs to just change how our demons work... cause its so annoying

i want a hunter type system, they fit into a catergory each and such, but i just hate the current system

when i get oracle it looks shitty, why cant i have a darkglare?
    i want a dreadlord/inquisitor not a doomguard
    i want my wrathguard, or one of those winged flaming demons

we should be able to "enslave" demons like a hunter, i think yes it would be "meh" but it would be so fricken cool
    Please don't make us like huntards. I would probably quit the game the minute I see an enslaved demon called Bunnydan or somethign ridiculous. Let the people that want that play huntard.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Since Blizz is now heavily focused on class fantasy, we could learn how to summon new demons that would replace the ones we have now rather than enslave them. It would be something like back in the day, but with new demons.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Please don't make us like huntards. I would probably quit the game the minute I see an enslaved demon called Bunnydan or somethign ridiculous. Let the people that want that play huntard.
    who said we could name the pets...? they have names so you cant name them
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content