Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I consider opening up combat roles to be a positive. Freedom is awesome.

Freedom is awesome, but until women have to pass the SAME physical standards as men, you risk the mission and the lives of the other soldiers on the mission to allow women to do some missions.

Yes, I know it isn't "fair". Yes, it's the biological reality.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Neither. Just laughing at the ignorance people in here are displaying.
    But nobody was really saying what you are apparently accusing them of saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    There are some plainly positive things in there - maybe they should have just stuck to those.
    I would agree that this list won't excite everyone in the same way. Many people might view some of the accomplishments as negatives. Even things like killing Bin Laden, not everyone agrees on.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by Delana View Post
    Freedom is awesome, but until women have to pass the SAME physical standards as men, you risk the mission and the lives of the other soldiers on the mission to allow women to do some missions.

Yes, I know it isn't "fair". Yes, it's the biological reality.
    They should have to pass the same standards as men, I'm all for it. There should be no special treatment, and there would be no additional costs for the government. Let them compete for the jobs, nothing more, nothing less.

You didn't hear? zenkai is TOTALLY independent and doesn't fall for the partisan bickering. He's too far above all that......
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes all the good things that happen was all Obama, no one else, and all the bad stuff that had happened was Republicans fault.
    No one said anything of that nature. You're making this a partisan issue. No one else. I thought you were independent?
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    You didn't hear? zenkai is TOTALLY independent and doesn't fall for the partisan bickering. He's too far above all that......
    I've read his posts, I know he's biased. Maybe he is independent, whatever that actually means.

Everyone is biased, but that doesn't mean one cannot also be independent. The only thing I really care about, is logical consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    -Soft on Russia for years.
    -Incredibly weak, joke of a response to Russian aggression in Europe, in order to "secure Russian help with Iran".
    Well don't worry the Republicans are in power now and they'll... oh fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Alot of those points still need to prove themselfs if they are improvements or something else.

They are, if you understand how our government works. The POTUS is not a monarch position, there are things he is getting credit for (and blamed) that he had no hand in. IT happens with all the US Presidents, especially since the have lowered graduation requirements. Just show up to school and you will get a diploma, but hey at least the % is up!

Credit where it's due.
    But you missed ISIS among his achievements.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    No one said anything of that nature. You're making this a partisan issue. No one else. I thought you were independent?
    Ah you're going attack me to derail a real argument, typical tactic shown on these forums.

Yes all the good things that happen was all Obama, no one else, and all the bad stuff that had happened was Republicans fault.

I posted this 3 times so I could be a part of your echo chamber
    I just recorded myself screaming LIBERULZ and put it on a loop so I can be part of yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a big item on your list but it's kind of my "thing" here.

The Mars rover in quesiton...
    I like his views on Mars, but perhaps he's gone about them in the wrong way? Not something I know enough about honestly. Throughout his Presidency he's set the goal of humans reaching mars by 2030. And his quote from the State of the Union address where he called for us to push the limits of our solar system, "not just to visit, but to stay."
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    Doubled the Federal Debt
    Question.

How much of that can be attributed to Obama, or any president exactly (I don't really know, but I'm asking out of curiosity)? I think I know the president can send budget suggestions to Congress, but they don't have to agree on anything, can do any modifications on it, or write a new one altogether, and send it back to the president who has to put it into action by law? The president just collects taxes (that Congress have set) and spends them on stuff the Congress wants him to spend it on.

Have I understood their relationship correctly? If that's a yes, then how can the dept be attributed to Obama? Is there something I'm missing?

- Killed a shit ton of innocent people with his illegal murder drones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah you're going attack me to derail a real argument, typical tactic shown on these forums.
    Bro, I'm not attacking anyone. I posted a pretty simple list of his accomplishments, and you turned it into a partisan "democrats good, republicans bad."

I'm sure all Presidents, thus far, have a list of similarly impressive accomplishments. And failures of course. Just like Obama.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    What made you think i was a neoconservative, i'm a fucking far left by US standards.
    I was being factious. I was referring to what I had just posted. That Neoconservatism has come to mean whatever people want it to mean. It's just a dirty word.

They are, if you understand how our government works. The POTUS is not a monarch position, there are things he is getting credit for (and blamed) that he had no hand in. IT happens with all the US Presidents, especially since the have lowered graduation requirements. Just show up to school and you will get a diploma, but hey at least the % is up!
    Like it or not, the president usually gets praised and/or blamed for what happens under his term. It's part of the job. he gets the blame for the massive debt, even though that would actually call to Congress. he gets praise for killing Bin Laden, but that would actually fall to different intelligence agencies, and some guys with guns. He got blamed for Benghazi, when he has almost no sway over any of it. You get the picture. It has happened for decades, and will continue to happen.