Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

NightHold Another Top Tier Raid?

All bosses seem good and fun mechanically. Aesthetically a very pleasing raid. So much trash, but a lot of its skippable so players can farm BoEs. Good lore surrounding it.

What do you guys think?

Will have to see how Mythic is, as a majority of my farm will consist of it. Mechanics will be different and I'm afraid some bosses may fall short as a factor. I judge raids by their difficulty and that curve of difficulty. I just hope it's paced well unlike HFC where it was 4 joke bosses followed by a raid killer followed by 3 joke bosses followed by 3 hard bosses followed by Archimonde.

With that being said, I've had a blast on Heroic/normal difficulty, despite running it 8 times this week. Could have less trash though. I'm glad they brought back weekly "rare" bosses that eliminate trash and are just there for as an additional loot pinata, something only seen in ToT.
    Last edited by Toastyame; 2017-01-20 at 07:47 PM.

The trash is annoying and a couple bosses are stinkers but so far overall it's pretty great. Gul'dan should be a great fight from what I've seen in our heroic kill and for me having a great last boss is the biggest part.

Also it's hilarious how many people in my raid didn't know this was the Nightwell. I think this happened in quite a few raids.
    Last edited by skitz0129; 2017-01-20 at 07:56 PM.

Its pretty, a tad too much trash, but I've enjoyed it all.

Deleted
    While item level ramping is less than HFC, its still there - WHY? This and the fact that this raid has too much trash basically throw the raid back to medium quality.

No

Top tier is

Ulduar, Icc, ToT, SOO and BRF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    No

Top tier is

Ulduar, Icc, ToT, SOO, BRF
    I loved BRF, but both are highly debatable.

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    I loved BRF, but both are highly debatable.
    Siege was popular even after a year of raiding

Classes were also all extremely fun and unique

SOO was the Last golden age we have had

Deleted

I reckon that popularity was partially (if not mainly) thanks to the advertisement of Raiding for everyone and their mo... I mean 'Flex'

Golden Age: once again debatable. The raid itself? Maybe. The patch that supported it? Fuck no.

That being said, Imo Nighthold is the first visually appealing raid since Highmaul, nay, ToT.

Too soon to say, but early impressions are, it has a real good chance to be top tier.

It's definitely up there for me. I couldn't name a fight I dislike, save maybe for Spellblade and Tichondrius which are kinda meh, and even then they're far from being fights I just hate (such as Immerseus and Hellfire Assault).

It also has some really awesome fights. Trilliax, Star Augur and Gul'dan are very fun.

Bonus point for actually looking good (even if a bit too purple). After the brown mess of Highmaul, the green mess of HFC and the red mess of EN, it's a welcome change.

Deleted
    No

Top tier is

Ulduar, Icc, ToT, SOO and BRF
    I think mythic Nighthold might be on par with BrF, heroic version definitively is.

Compared to Emerald Nigthmare, NH is absolutely amazing. But both BrF and HfC were amazing raids IMO, lets just hope NH is as good.

Deleted
    Siege was a very popular raid. It's only flaws was the difficulty ramp up and the duration.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd put it at my 5th place from first glance, behind SoO, BRF, ToT and Ulduar (in that order). Definitely the potential to be a "glory days" raid if Mythic pans out to be interesting. I'm enjoying the slow/speed time theme of certain bosses.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Deleted

I dont understand peoples obsession with stating their own opinions as something shared by everyone else.

is your opinion not good enough that you dont need everyone elses acceptance?

ToT is the epitome of raiding so far for me. Ulduar number two. Overall Pandaria wins as an expansion.

Onyxia's lair best raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Its a filler raid. But yeah enjoy it guys

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    How in the world is it a filler raid?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NightHaawk rolls a 2 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: HA HA HA HA
    Chikko rolls a 1 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: FFFUUUUU

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    It isn't the filler raid. It's the actual first real raid this tier. The other two were "filler" raids and even then they were pretty important. This is no ToC. You want a filler raid then go stand in a circle and fight 4 bosses before dropping down to a different icy area to fight the fifth and final boss. Do that for a couple months while you wait for ICC to come out and THEN you can talk about filler raids.

No not really. It's fairly mediocre imo.

The scenery is nice. I like Suramar.