Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Maybe a different measure of success.

Ulduar was significantly harder than Naxxramas (which brought masses into raiding scene) and it was "current" for a very short period of time. If you measure success by % of players that completed it while current then yes, Ulduar scores very low.
    I think they scrambled to get ToC out because Ulduar usage had fallen way off. Too many players weren't clearing it and had given up, some on the first boss(!).
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I think they scrambled to get ToC out because Ulduar usage had fallen way off. Too many players weren't clearing it and had given up, some on the first boss(!).
    First boss in Ulduar was a vehicular encounter. These fights were always a pain in the ass and had extremely low success rates, especially in PUG groups.

Notable examples:
    -The Oculus
    -Ambershaper Un'sok

A good player could SOLO this boss when current. All it took was knowledge of vehicular abilities and mechanics. Something that players really lacked.

An extreme example of vehicular combat was Level 90 boost and following weeks in LFR. Players jumped on max-level classes they had absolutely no idea how to play. The result was devastating - wiping even on simplest things or reaching berserk in LFR (!!!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Decent design but they went bananas with the difficulty. The way things are going, I'm glad to clear Normal even before next raid :S

Not even close to my top 5 tho, which consist of Naxx, BT, ICC, BWD and BRF

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    First boss in Ulduar was a vehicular encounter. These fights were always a pain in the ass and had extremely low success rates, especially in PUG groups.
    That first boss was really easy with no towers up though. I kind of boggle that some people thought it was too hard.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

its good but not ICC good (my favorite outside the LK fight which i felt was lacking in lore moments) My issue is some of the fights just feel like they are throwing in mechanics for the sake of making it harder vs giving the fight a fun aspect or logical flow. I get it makes it harder to have like 5 different things going on at once and adds all over but just feels clunky and complicated for the sake of it imo.

Trillix i like just b.c. i can see how that meeting went for encounter design... Team i want the boss to throw out cake DPS has to eat, others you want what??
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

only thing i dont like is that on almost all of the bosses it's so easy to do logwhoring, which i despise

the most dps should be done on a boss when it's executed properly not when it's abused :/

but yeah otherwise great bosses, great looking if only they'd make it so i go down from 60 fps to 30 on like half the fights

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    No

Top tier is

Ulduar, Icc, ToT, SOO and BRF
    Actually it's

Legendary Tier
    Ulduar

Top tier
    ICC, Sunwell, SoO, Black Temple

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    only thing i dont like is that on almost all of the bosses it's so easy to do logwhoring, which i despise

the most dps should be done on a boss when it's executed properly not when it's abused :/

but yeah otherwise great bosses, great looking if only they'd make it so i go down from 60 fps to 30 on like half the fights
    Yes, logs on fights like skorpyron dont mean anything. And maybe botanist too.

It's been great to have so much story leading into a raid. I've not been to it enough times yet to say if it's a top tier in my own book.

Compared to EN, Nighthold is much more enjoyable for me. I'm not going to place it with my all-time favorites after 1 week in Normal and Heroic, but I'm optimistic that I can continue to enjoy it for months. So far I really haven't found too much that I mind in it. We will see how it stands up week-in and week-out.

Quote Originally Posted by Julianor View Post
    Yes, logs on fights like skorpyron dont mean anything. And maybe botanist too.
    even on trilliax you can multidots the robots and they're not even part of the fight lol

I don't think there's entirely too much trash, apart from the run up to Spellblade which can get a bit ridiculous. I felt that HFC had more trash; the slogs before Assault, Kromork and Tyrant were worse imo. Ditto with clearing half of Orgrimmar in SoO before Shamans. Oh, and the endless ascent after Nythendra in EN too.

Helps that both Elisande and Gul'dan have practically no trash beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    No

Top tier is

Ulduar, Icc, ToT, SOO and BRF
    ulduar is highly overrated, wasn't a fan of ICC but i understand why people have a soft spot for it.

As for nighthold, slightly above average

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Actually it's

Legendary Tier
    Ulduar

Top tier
    ICC, Sunwell, SoO, Black Temple
    you should stick to Gen OT Tennisace

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    ulduar is highly overrated, wasn't a fan of ICC but i understand why people have a soft spot for it.

As for nighthold, slightly above average
    Ulduar overrated? Pretty untrue given that it is roundly considered the greatest raid by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Ulduar overrated? Pretty untrue given that it is roundly considered the greatest raid by far.
    meh Most people i've noticed who claim that didn't actually do it during current content.

Deleted
    after EN i thought i might have gotten to old and just don't enjoy raiding that much anymore. but nighthold showed me, that it was just the design. i had a blast in nighthold and can't wait going heroic next week and doing pug runs with twinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    meh Most people i've noticed who claim that didn't actually do it during current content.
    I did it while it was current and did all the hard modes cept for 0 light while it was current. Myself and the team I played with + our friendly competitive raid teams were practically unanimous in crowning it the best raid ever made.
    Asthetically, uniqueness, Trash amount vs bosses, epic size and the best implementation of hard mode activations ever.

Theres a reason it routinely get ranked as the greatest raid ever released and it aint nostalgia goggles.

I just don't like it.

Legion is great over all but all the raids apart from ToV have been a let down.
    NH is not diffrent, bosses are mixtures of old bosses with new skins, i just do not like them........

Visually probably one of the best raids out there hands down but mechanic wise and bosses of lore and interest is just absolute meh.
    I lol at people putting BRF as top tier raid, this raid was such dog shit and had so many problems that while black hand might of been fantastic fight everything else in the instance was dog shit apart from Operator Togar who was hands down the most fun boss i've done in years.

When a raid is plagued by "stack 3 hunters so u can do the dps needed to by pass a mechanic that is killing you cause ASPECT OF THE FOX" or get 2 priests or you will have hard time on Furnace then you cannot ever put this tier in fucking top.

Deleted
    I really expected more from Nighthold. To me it's just lazy design when there is an empty room, boss in the middle doing boss stuff like ground effects, carrying out debuffs, moving away from each other, moving together etc..

SOO and BRF were great, creative raids where bosses interacted with the environment.