Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    I actually go to a theatre like 20 minutes away because it has recliners and dine-in service. Like, you order food/drinks during the movie and they will do refills for you and whatnot.

Only reason I hit up the mall is for Crate & Barrel. Always need more kitchen supplies. (I have a problem)

- - - Updated - - -

I have my measurements and order offline that way :P
    our local Crate and Barrel is not a part of that particular mall and IMO they are overpriced anyways, and aside from minor "oh hell I just broke that thing I need and have to replace it RIGHT now" emergencies, I buy kitchen supplies online as well. we DO have a dine in movie theater about 20 minutes away, but their menu seemed kinda limited, so I've yet to try it. our mall movie theater has a few recliner stages as well, and to be honest, after trying it out? I'm sticking to regular chairs. to me at least it wasn't worth the higher ticket price.

for clothes - I do shop in person, but other then JC Penney which I totally forgot was technically a part of that mall - we always use the outdoor entrance, so I forget that they have the one going into the mall as well, its most at the shops in town. a guy can get away buying without trying since you guys don't have nearly as many issues with vanity sizing, but for me - I pretty much have to try things on, even if according to labels - measurements match. even within the same designer - different pieces will have different sizing >_> its nuts. /resists going on longer rant

edited.. and well.. while I was resisting other people mentioned it as well :P
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2017-01-20 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Serenity View Post
    I never said that was my real size

- - - Updated - - -

yeah Ive heard about that. Lucky men and their more consistent measurements...
    They won't care. They'll be fine with anything.

Just going to hypothesize that it's online shopping. I have a healthy mall nearby, but I only go there for an outing with friends or family. I'm not much of an "outer".

What gets to me personally is the closing of bookstores and hobby shops. Wizards of the Coast used to have a store in the mall where I'd frequent for MTG and other nerdy shit. Replaced with some Martha Stewart shop.
    Last edited by kail; 2017-01-20 at 11:43 PM.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    our local Crate and Barrel is not a part of that particular mall and IMO they are overpriced anyways, and aside from minor "oh hell I just broke that thing I need and have to replace it RIGHT now" emergencies, I buy kitchen supplies online as well. we DO have a dine in movie theater about 20 minutes away, but their menu seemed kinda limited, so I've yet to try it. our mall movie theater has a few recliner stages as well, and to be honest, after trying it out? I'm sticking to regular chairs. to me at least it wasn't worth the higher ticket price.

for clothes - I do shop in person, but other then JC Penney which I totally forgot was technically a part of that mall - we always use the outdoor entrance, so I forget that they have the one going into the mall as well, its most at the shops in town. a guy can get away buying without trying since you guys don't have nearly as many issues with vanity sizing, but for me - I pretty much have to try things on, even if according to labels - measurements match. even within the same designer - different pieces will have different sizing >_> its nuts. /resists going on longer rant

edited.. and well.. while I was resisting other people mentioned it as well :P
    I generally find their products worth it. Naturally, some products will be over priced though. Even if you need to replace something "right now!!", just amazon prime it :P.

Our dine in tends to be much cheaper than surrounding theaters, because they make money on the food. If I go before 1pm on a weekend, it's $4, otherwise it's $10. Weekdays are $8. It's usually how I see big name movies. Speaking of which I am seeing Star Wars tomorrow at 10:30 AM!

I concede that female clothing is a lot harder to shop for versus guy clothes. Every once in a while I'll have an issue, but I only shop from places with return policies and free shipping on returns. If I need a replacement piece of clothing, I will go to the store though. Like if my suit pants tore I'd head over and get a new pair. But when I casually buy clothes during sales, I just pick out what I want and return anything that is an issue
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    All the malls here in Florida are packed, maybe because of the tourists we get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Our mall seems "ok" but our population is younger, which I think has a lot to do with it.
    My wife and I and our friends would just rather do shopping online and have it delivered.

They tried to add a walking out door area but every week a store or restaurant is closing.

My kids still like to go there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    The obvious answer is to shed your oppressive clothing and run naked through the streets in the natural state as God intended.
    Well if all those bible pictures show, need to wear fig leaves and cover your boobs with your hands.

Whats an outlet mall? I have strip and shopping malls in my area.

I generally find their products worth it. Naturally, some products will be over priced though. Even if you need to replace something "right now!!", just amazon prime it :P.

Our dine in tends to be much cheaper than surrounding theaters, because they make money on the food. If I go before 1pm on a weekend, it's $4, otherwise it's $10. Weekdays are $8. It's usually how I see big name movies. Speaking of which I am seeing Star Wars tomorrow at 10:30 AM!

I concede that female clothing is a lot harder to shop for versus guy clothes. Every once in a while I'll have an issue, but I only shop from places with return policies and free shipping on returns. If I need a replacement piece of clothing, I will go to the store though. Like if my suit pants tore I'd head over and get a new pair. But when I casually buy clothes during sales, I just pick out what I want and return anything that is an issue
    ah well :P our dine in has a baseline $15 cost of movie + dinner and there are only a few items on a menu to chose from so... yeah, while the mall theater charges $5 for all regular showings prior to 3pm :P (3d and recliners cost more, but that's kinda expected). I don't mind not eating during the movie, we usually just grab something afterwards.

I"m also far too lazy to bother with returns so if I buy a piece of clothing - I make sure I don't need to return it :P but mother of god the sizing.... why... WHY. why is it that even when they list the measurements corresponding to sizes, half the time they are STILL off? I'm generally a fast shopper, I make up my mind quickly and I STILL end up spending 40 minutes in a store, because I'm going through trying on multiples of the same thing becasue I KNOW that I cannot just grab what is supposed to be my size and expect it to fit, so I end up getting one size under and one size over to try on, just in case.

aaanyways

outdoor malls are supposedly doing well. people just dont like feeling a tiny portion of their soul die when they do into dingy prison green malls i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    ah well :P our dine in has a baseline $15 cost of movie + dinner and there are only a few items on a menu to chose from so... yeah, while the mall theater charges $5 for all regular showings prior to 3pm :P (3d and recliners cost more, but that's kinda expected). I don't mind not eating during the movie, we usually just grab something afterwards.

I"m also far too lazy to bother with returns so if I buy a piece of clothing - I make sure I don't need to return it :P but mother of god the sizing.... why... WHY. why is it that even when they list the measurements corresponding to sizes, half the time they are STILL off? I'm generally a fast shopper, I make up my mind quickly and I STILL end up spending 40 minutes in a store, because I'm going through trying on multiples of the same thing becasue I KNOW that I cannot just grab what is supposed to be my size and expect it to fit, so I end up getting one size under and one size over to try on, just in case.

aaanyways
    That dine-in theatre is crap. My dine-in has a menu of like 50 items? A good 20~ entrees, 10~ appetizers, 10~ sides, 10~ desserts. Plus a full bar and loads of non-alcoholic drinks. Non-alch drinks are unlimited refills, while normal drinks are 3 refills.

I'm fine waiting to eat after, but the theatre has good food and I have always enjoyed watching a movie with my shoes off, feet up, and a meal in front of me.

I don't mind returning that much. The place I usually shop from includes return labels in the bag, and it's a soft-ish plastic bag so you just tape it back up with whatever you didn't want, throw the order paper in there, and in a few days you're credited back
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2017-01-21 at 12:16 AM.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

That dine-in theatre is crap. My dine-in has a menu of like 50 items? A good 20~ entrees, 10~ appetizers, 10~ sides, 10~ desserts. Plus a full bar and loads of non-alcoholic drinks. Non-alch drinks are unlimited refills, while normal drinks are 3 refills.

I'm fine waiting to eat after, but the theatre has good food and I have always enjoyed watching a movie with my shoes off, feet up, and a meal in front of me.

I don't mind returning that much. The place I usually shop from includes return labels in the bag, and it's a soft-ish plastic bag so you just tape it back up with whatever you didn't want, throw the order paper in there, and in a few days you're credited back
    well... to be fair... their menu is only sparse if you are going for their dinner and the movie special. if you just order a la carte - the menu has more options, but.. then it ends up costing a little more than me just grabbing some takeout after the movie at the mall. and mall theater has $5 early bird special every day, while dine in only runs those early bird ticket specials on Thursdays and only between October and May (dinner and the movie specials are monday and tuesday only). and given that I have no idea if their screens are even good (mall theater is Cinemark and they have upgraded recently, so no such doubts there) - I tend to just... waffle a bit and end up going to the mall anyways :P

10+ Year Old Account
    malls only as good as the wealth of the area coupled with accessibility. If you live in a country with a strong mail service, when your are more likely or order stuff online then shop around for it, like you would 30 years ago. that doesn't mean a mall can't support itself on coffee shops, restaurants, shoe shops (since you'd need to try before you buy) and cloths shops, but anything else you'd just be able to get online.
    #boycottchina

Just for me, personally:

I like touching and seeing and feeling things before I buy. Therefore I like the concept of physical storefronts. However, I do most of my buying online. Can usually find better deals that way. The exception is if I need something immediately. The other exception is higher-end clothes that need to fit properly and/or tailoring.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Why the malls close 101:

Go to Mall
    Buy 200 Pack of Zip Ties
    Not Self Locking

Go to Amazon
    Buy 200 Pack of Zip Ties
    15 Dollars with Shipping
    Self Locking

This is why Malls/Stores Close.

Less than a minute from my house is a mall called "century 3 mall" , within the past 10 years it has gone from a very busy place to a ghost town now. People regularly post pictures of it online and how creepy and abandoned it looks like.

There are several malls that are busy near me, and I hate going to them. So busy and crowded, I can easily order stuff online and get it shipped to me house hassle free. No searching for parking lots, bumping into other people in a busy mall, and no waiting in line to checkout.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Serenity View Post
    Mostly yes. Although, i dont get how people can online shop for things like clothes. Thats just asking for trouble and wasted money.

Also, I like to get things immediately, so a mall or store is preferable to online unless its something I cant get physically due to age of product.

The mall near me though is fine. Lots of people go everyday. The other one nearby is dying, but they're putting an aquarium in it to help reviatlize it. I think its a good diea, since the nearest acquarium is about an hour away...
    Order half the catalogue of clothes, send everything you don't like back. That's how people buy clothes. Your own apartment is your dressing stall.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Order half the catalogue of clothes, send everything you don't like back. That's how people buy clothes. Your own apartment is your dressing stall.
    Too much of a pain, and cat hair likely invalidates everything

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Why the malls close 101:

Go to Mall
    Buy 200 Pack of Zip Ties
    Not Self Locking

Go to Amazon
    Buy 200 Pack of Zip Ties
    15 Dollars with Shipping
    Self Locking

This is why Malls/Stores Close.
    malls are closing because of zip ties?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

We get pretty much everything from Amazon Prime and Walmart.com these days.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland