Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Svisalith View Post
    DBlades is a talent choice that generates GCD-free fury at the cost of being able to generate less fury on demand
    There's no choice when DBlades performs way better than all the other options AND our generator feels like crap anyway.

What Blizzard is trying to do since release is making DBlades so bad nobody picks it up anymore. What they don't realize is that by giving DBlades the chance to generate fury WHILE spending, there's NO way any other talent in that row can compete.

I think our fury generation should get reworked. We shouldn't relay on RNG as much as we do for something as primary as resource generation. We're already playing with CS crits to keep the fury flow steady, we shouldn't relay on more RNG to generate it.

Blizzard's answer? Don't spec DBlades. My answer? Rework the tier, it isn't working.

EDIT: Lmao at people saying the don't feel fury starved with the ring. Even if it's nerfed by half, it's still our BiS. Wish I had that shit. And Blizzard should NEVER balance the classes around items.
    Last edited by Shirofune; 2017-01-22 at 12:47 PM.

90 percent of the DPS that a class / setup is capable of isn't the same thing as 90'th percentile (better than 90% of logs)
    We already measure percentile by class. To restrict that by talents is once again, nonsensical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    this! and the fact that ya'll prob aint pooling enough fury. so often I see fellow DH's IMMEDIATELY pop Meta on bosses, with no fury pooled, and I just smh and sigh and watch them barely hit 350k on any given fight. one would draw the conclusion that the concept of fury generation and proper rotation just get thrown right out the window, as well as assuming you should always have fury no matter what.

play smarter, not harder
    I snapshot open in full mast gear for 43% for chaos blades, to my reg gear, pop prolong, meta, nem then cast Kil'jadeans' and Fury of Ill. By this time ive got full fury and bursting 2.5-2.7 mil dps while meta is up. Haven't found anyone that can out burst me in an opener.

http://www.wowprogress.com/character...geras/Domahnus

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    We already measure percentile by class. To restrict that by talents is once again, nonsensical.
    Once again i'm not talking about percentiles relative to other players at all.

I said 90% of the damage that you could be doing. If perfect play is 500k DPS then that number would be 450k.

An average (50'th percentile) DH does not do 250k out of 500k potential damage (50%) or anywhere remotely close to it, these are not the same metric and you shouldn't mix them up or use them together.

---

What Blizzard is trying to do since release is making DBlades so bad nobody picks it up anymore. What they don't realize is that by giving DBlades the chance to generate fury WHILE spending, there's NO way any other talent in that row can compete.
    Competing or not is a balance problem rather than a design problem - you could change a number on DBlades, DBite or DA and have a different talent become optimal in the same situations overnight.

They're actually fairly close atm with DA/DB being more useful than DBlades some of the time, but requiring a few gear swaps to reoptimize stats.

DBlades pulls ahead a significant amount when you have 4 piece tier and ring on ST which also makes it feel and play quite a lot better than when you lack those things
    Last edited by Svisalith; 2017-01-22 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krobane View Post
    I snapshot open in full mast gear for 43% for chaos blades, to my reg gear, pop prolong, meta, nem then cast Kil'jadeans' and Fury of Ill. By this time ive got full fury and bursting 2.5-2.7 mil dps while meta is up. Haven't found anyone that can out burst me in an opener.

http://www.wowprogress.com/character...geras/Domahnus
    I guess placebo effect ? Snapshotting is removed since 7.1.5
    Look at your belt, you have the reason why there's not challenger most of the time.

Seriously people, on this thread like many other, you only see your own reality. Don't thinking rationally.
    Like people speaking about "pooling fury" while not admitting the concept of "fury starved".
    IMHO if you're "pooling fury" you're "fury starved" both can't be without the other !

When people speak to me, I only see A -> B relations predicate and with some of you I can see paradoxal A -> B & B -> C but A not -> C relations. It's hilarous when someone isn't thinking on other realities but only biassed by his own.
    Last edited by Deix-EU; 2017-01-22 at 05:18 PM.

Once again i'm not talking about percentiles relative to other players at all.

I said 90% of the damage that you could be doing. If perfect play is 500k DPS then that number would be 450k.

An average (50'th percentile) DH does not do 250k out of 500k potential damage (50%) or anywhere remotely close to it, these are not the same metric and you shouldn't mix them up or use them together.
    How are you measuring 90% of the damage you could be doing? By those sims you scorn? You have 0 reference for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Competing or not is a balance problem rather than a design problem - you could change a number on DBlades, DBite or DA and have a different talent become optimal in the same situations overnight.

They're actually fairly close atm with DA/DB being more useful than DBlades some of the time, but requiring a few gear swaps to reoptimize stats.

DBlades pulls ahead a significant amount when you have 4 piece tier and ring on ST which also makes it feel and play quite a lot better than when you lack those things
    I believe DA getting closer to DBlades was more of the thing we had going for our Mastery and Chaos Cleave before the nerf than DA being close to DBlades.

There was a build, 131, that took FM back and DA. With high levels of mastery and gear, our fury generation was way better due to crit, tier, and so on. Chaos Cleave with high mastery was always a pick no matter the situation, hence why DA became attractive, because we almost didn't use Demon's Bite in that situation.

DA is also picked in the Demonic build because of the obvious iteration with the trait that reduces EB cooldown, not because its better than DBlades.
    Last edited by Shirofune; 2017-01-22 at 02:21 PM.

i find im often fury starved also. i find that after fel rushing in, using my fury of illidari and kil'jaeden trinket, i have to use demons bite to fill up on fury before retreating to use glaives because otherwise when i rush back, i dont have any abilities to use

2pc + ring. Either struggling to get fury, or having too much. Why the fuck did they think a RNG based resource system would be a good idea...

I have the ring, and almost 12% haste, i feel fury starved sometimes (few seconds of doing nothing after TG/FR) usually 3-4 times a fight, but i think i amount that more to angering the RNG gods and i miss 5-6 attacks in a row(!!) or CS doesn't crit 2-3 casts in a row.

My meta+lust on pull can range between 2m burst to 900k, depending on whether i have recently done a blood sacrifice (22% Annihilation crit at 43% crit srsly?).

Not a single piece of tier though, so it might feel better once i get it...and after i perform a blood sacrifice.
    Not driving your car to keep the miles off is like not fucking your girlfriend to keep her fresh for the next guy

This RNG thing that everyone mentions, I did some testing during last night's raid in NH. I came to the (pretty obvious) conclusion that our opener overall is decided by the RNG. At some pulls if lucky I am up to 1.5m burst during my opener with pot and everything. Other times, due to being starved, I only hit 700-900k. This clearly sucks, we should not have a class imo that depends on RNG that bad. Do note that I did exactly the same things for all fights prepull and during the pull.

the talent is way too RNG now, first, melee attacks have to hit in the first place, only then Dblades can proc (and the ammount swings, too) and only THEN can felblade proc... and the worst part is, ring doesnt even help with fury starvation, if your Dblades dont proc, ring doesnt either and when they do proc back to back to back and ring does too, you have trouble spending fury alot of times anyway

I propose DBlades being changed to 100% chance to generate 60% of current ammount and changing the ring to "your autoattacks have a 60% chance to generate 1-8 fury," so its pretty much the same for DBlades builds, but offers some small level of passive fury generation for demons bite builds

Deleted
    No ring, no tier, no problems.

When I hit a dry streak I usually can fall back on no Fury abilities, which I time my regular Fel Blade on so that by Fel Rushing I'm not losing that much uptime.

Of course, being a Blood Elf helps since Arcane Torrent is a godsend.
    My stats are:
    crit 38%, 40% with food;
    haste 10%;
    mastery 36%;
    versa 2% or so.

Running Felblade Demonblade Firstblood Soulrending Nemesis MotG Chaosblades.

10+ Year Old Account
    No ring, no 2-set just yet. Very often without fury for a GCD or few. It's pretty tedious, actually relying on RNG to actually be able to use abilities.

Imagine that was the case with, say, Rogues. Sup guys. You now have a 60% chance to regenerate any energy in the next couple of secs, so you may not be able to press any abilities but it's just RNG, don't get mad. But wait, that 60% chance also has a ~20% chance to not exist to begin with due to miss chance. Pretttty fun.

Deleted
    The downtime complaint shouldn't really be existing tbh. We're bound to have at least some with DB, it's the tradeoff for such a powerful talent.

All it takes for the downtime not to be such a pressing matter is somehow managing Fury expenditure and abilities, so that there's always something to press.
    Most classes did the same, or do so right now.

I have the ring and do find myself fury staved but it's totally rng. Did gul'dan last night sometimes is was pulling top 3 damage other times I was pathetic don't have the 2 piece yet do think that and the extra haste alot of theservice sets come with will help but I agree fury should be more consistent

they need to change that whole row

Dblade baked into the spec.

orbs give fury / fel rush gives fury / felblade

this opens up 3 spec choices for demonic, momentum, cb.

remove demonic bite and replace it with something that generates fury on a cd (1min cd gives full fury)

and balance the dmg around that.

this rng fury isnt noticeable until you pull a boss and in your meta you got a the shit end of the stick and you sit there watching your buttons for 5sec (once every 20 pulls but still)

Deleted
    I've noticed myself having the same issues, I think they might have overdone the nerfs somewhat.