Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohai View Post
    relics get 2 traits
    Unless a relic has 2 of the same trait you're still only going to see an increase of +1 per relic slot (3), and even then there would only have to be 1 relic per ability with a +2 (IE the 2nd trait can't be random) or it would scale up to 10

Quote Originally Posted by Sabinn View Post
    Yes. In fact logs will count those 2 as main pet damage. Main pet damage can easily go up to 60% with dire frenzy , meaning this buff should be around 6% and not 2% as some people as saying.
    Unfortunately i got my leggings tonight and i have 2 set pc That means from now on no dire frenzy for me (

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Thank god the new artifact traits make vulnerable even more important, I was worried blizzard was actually listening
    thank god you're still here whining. just quit already so this forum doesnt have your posts stinking up every thread.
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

Hati deal 30% of main pet damage.

If they buff main pet then Hati should be buff too.

I think Hati is included in the definition of main pet, but not beast from spell/talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Finbezz View Post
    thank god you're still here whining. just quit already so this forum doesnt have your posts stinking up every thread.
    People like you are responsible for the poor state of this game

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    We actually perform pretty decently on a lot of fights in NH.
    No. No we don't. Unless by decently you mean mid pack on 2 fights. We are dead last on multiple fights as well.

BM is shit.

We actually perform pretty decently on a lot of fights in NH.
    We perform decently compared to what we were normally capable of, we don't perform decently when you compare us to other classes. I think the only class about as equally as shit as us right now are ferals.

Maybe you just don't perform very well? Rankings are fairly useless at the moment because the majority are people just padding. I guarantee BM hunters will be one of the better specs for mythic progression because of the utility and ability to run around in circles doing 100% of their dps.

- - - Updated - - -

Like I said in the previous post, it can see like this from rankings but if you play with a group of people who aren't trying to pad meters you'll perform pretty well on several fights. Especially on mythic.
    This is a flawed argument. So the majority of people are padding, except BM hunters? I've seen plenty of variations of this argument, and they are usually just as wrong and useless.
    Oh, spec X is doing poorly because they are getting used to the recent patch/expansion changes - and every other spec just had instant mastery while X is full of facerollers? Oh, Spec Y is doing poorly because they don't have their tier yet - I guess no other spec can benefit from tier except for Y then, right?

If you're going to try and justify the current balance based on an assumption, at least think it through and make sure it's not an assumption that can just as easily be applied where you are conveniently trying to say it isn't.

Could we be stronger? yeah, but i'm happy overall with how BM is performing in NH right now, it's a good raid for us.

Then again i'm not in a top 50 guild playing with the best of the best players on the planet so i'm not seeing identical results to log rankings.

ITT: People so hell-bent on using the arcane shot spec because it theoretically performs slightly better than sidewinders, but lose all the utility (read: Spread, passive cleave) of the spec that has been the reason why hunters have been a stable part of rosters so far. They then react surprised when their middle-of-the-pack DPS with zero utility sees them passed up for better singletarget classes.

Play to your strengths. Even with the Arcane shot builds, hunters have one of the best target-switching burst in the game. With the sidewinders spec, it might just be the best, outside of melee. Make yourself invaluable to the raid by virtue of actually killing the bosses, rather than by bringing raw damage - it's not what the rest of us have been doing. I said this back in EN/TOV, I will say it here again:

Hunters are one of (if not the best) classes to control an encounter with specific DPS, and with extreme burst and AOE potential. They fall behind on long duration, single target damage, because we're designed for short and sporadic bursts of damage, with high damage shots that really impact, and trueshot just amplifies that. With great ability to time our trueshots in favor of the raid (through CD reduction set+trinket), you'll see this even more; on a fight like Gul'Dan, where he spawns his eyes that has to be obliterated quickly, it makes sense to set up a rotation for the hunters to spread trueshots for each wave, because (on heroic, anyway) it's one of the best cooldowns to deal with that mechanic; Trueshot into 3x buffed as fuck marked shots on all the eyes, and hasted aimed shots to finish off stragglers. We saw it done on Helya as well, hunters using a trueshot for each wave of the slimes to optimize damage rather than all just blowing it for single target.

TL;DR - Hunters have their spot, but when we're as good at dealing with mechanics as we are, it's never going to be at the top of the singletarget charts. Get used to it or reroll.

Hunters have issues right now, but raw damage isn't a big one after these nerfs and buffs go into effect. I'd be more concerned with issues such as Barrage being largely useless now that it could theoretically do zero damage through the cast (50% chance to hit all enemies it's pointed at), or Marking targets procs happening right as you fire a sidewinder / AS thus not triggering the marked shot you were expecting because of the delay.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    snip
    Sidewinders is over 10% behind non-sw on single target. Any additional targets and sidewinders just falls behind so sharply. I don't know what you're talking about with this "theoretical" nonsense. The only fight where sidewinders actually allows you to hit significantly more targets than with multishot is spellblade.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    People like you are responsible for the poor state of this game
    haha, and you think you somehow contribute more whining about your class when you're probably in some rank 5000 shitter guild.
    Last edited by Finbezz; 2017-01-22 at 05:34 PM.
    Finbez
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

Quote Originally Posted by Finbezz View Post
    you're probably in some rank 5000 shitter guild.

Hey hey...my guild is top 3000 and we've still managed 7/7M...we're not very good but if you really want to make a case, you might want to move that number down a couple thousand spots

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SeagullMD View Post
    Combat Experience (Pet Passive) now increases the damage of primary pets by 60% (up from 50%).

Designer Notes: This is primarily a damage buff to Beast Mastery, but will have a tiny benefit to Survival and occasionally Marksmanship as well.

Arcane Shot now generates 8 Focus (up from 5).
    Multi-Shot now generates 3 Focus per target hit (up from 2).
    Sidewinders damage increased by 33%.

Designer Notes: Marksmanship has given a lot of feedback that the rotation often winds up casting too many consecutive Focus generators. We are making two changes: first, helping avoid that problem by increasing the Focus generation of Arcane Shot and Multi-Shot. Second, making it more attractive to use Sidewinders in more situations, for players who prefer the pacing of the rotation with that talent.
    I'm not allowed to link in my first post, so can't submit screenshot of warcraftlogs past weeks trial of valor... Only class/spec lower than MM right now - BM. SO the buff seems like a fair change.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    Hey hey...my guild is top 3000 and we've still managed 7/7M...we're not very good but if you really want to make a case, you might want to move that number down a couple thousand spots
    Don't worry about that one, he's quite well established to be not worth paying any attention to.
    Last edited by Jayeazy; 2017-01-23 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayeazy View Post
    Don't worry about that one, he's quite well established to be not worth paying any attention to.
    As opposed to the players on here who do nothing but whine
    Finbez

This is a pretty significant buff imo. It means more time on aimed shot since we will pool focus with arcane for a shorter duration.
    The only negative I can think about is with less arcane spamming, Ullrs will not be as effective. Not sure how to quantify that tho

Quote Originally Posted by Killahdz View Post
    This is a pretty significant buff imo. It means more time on aimed shot since we will pool focus with arcane for a shorter duration.
    The only negative I can think about is with less arcane spamming, Ullrs will not be as effective. Not sure how to quantify that tho
    True a small difference, at the same time this buffs our 2pc for spending more focus over the course of a fight.

Pounced#1519

The buff generates about 180ish extra focus on a 5 minute single target fight. It's not a huge buff but it's something. Vast majority of focus is from passive generation.
    Finbez