PVP. theory or execution or both?

PVP games can be FPS, strategy, MMORPG, board games, RTS, card games like poker etc.

Usually games involve theory and execution.

First you analyse the situation, your tools, your weapons, your advantages, your disadvantages, and then you perform an action according to the skills/tools/buttons you have available.

Should mastery of such a game include both analysis and execution? or be only analysis or only execution?

I notice most of the games share information widely. For example in WoW we have wowhead and mmo champion which are very rich in theory and analysis, providing guides and strategies for everyone. On chess there are thousands of books analysing the game everyone can access to. On games like civilization there are countless resources teaching someone what is optimal and what is not. Should that be the case for every game, or should the person who invented the wheel keep it for himself and not share?

I've recently come across game communities very secretive, where if they are about to find an advantage, they keep it for themselves and not share. For example you find out that efflorescence can dispel slows, and keep it for yourself and have an advantage. Or you find out that if you are holy locked, you can't bubble, and not many people know that.

The ultimate question I want to ask and discuss is if games should be about executing a wide known strategy and executing it well, precisely etc , having top players share their experiences, or should games be about inventing a strategy, and using it to win, even if the execution is not optimal.

"Look guys what I discovered!" or keep it a secret and climb the ladders, regardless of it was widely known, you would fall behind the ladder?

The argument in favor of sharing is that top players like Cdew or Ziqo stream every game, yet they keep winning, and their tools to win are different, like awareness, alertness, quickness, positioning, bluffing, fast clicking, synergy etc.

Forgive me if the question does not make much sense, since English is not my native language and never I was good about expressing my thoughts/concerns. In case I don't make much sense, ask me and I will elaborate.

Tsk Chess is literally pure theory. Making the most efficient move everytime.