Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Prestige was pointless from the moment that they removed the whole "talent reset" part. The whole point of prestiging was meant to be that you made a willing sacrifice to unlock the ability to progress. When that design fell flat on its face and "prestiging" just meant "a really long grind doing any and all PvP", that's when it became pointless.

I'm not saying that the whole talent reset design was good, but what I am saying is that there's just nothing to the prestige system anymore. They killed it off. It's just extremely long-term grinding now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    Prestige was pointless from the moment that they removed the whole "talent reset" part. The whole point of prestiging was meant to be that you made a willing sacrifice to unlock the ability to progress. When that design fell flat on its face and "prestiging" just meant "a really long grind doing any and all PvP", that's when it became pointless.

I'm not saying that the whole talent reset design was good, but what I am saying is that there's just nothing to the prestige system anymore. They killed it off. It's just extremely long-term grinding now.
    No. Change to keep talents was good one. If you do competetive PvP u have to keep all talents all the time. You could not prestige just because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    No. Change to keep talents was good one. If you do competetive PvP u have to keep all talents all the time. You could not prestige just because of that.
    To clarify, I'm not saying that the change was bad, either. All I'm saying is that it's a dead and hollow system, because the hook that it relied on isn't there anymore. The original version was terrible, the current version is much less terrible but still terrible. All-around terrible and not worth caring about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Or you know it's a system that rewards casual pvp while the rated pvp system still keeps it's own separate reward structure (elite sets, token mounts, gladiator titles and mounts). The prestige system was not targeted to people who do rated pvp as their main activity but rather to those who do the occasional BG for fun. Warden Towers ARE a problem but after the nerf they are not really an efficient way to get honor anyway so they are a minor problem; the FFA PvP quests are world PvP and there is nothing inherently wrong with them (even if there is a fuckton wrong with world PvP).

I sincerely doubt anyone is going to get to Prestige level 16 by the end of legion (assuming it stops there) without a lot of BGs or skirmishes.
    It takes 3 weeks for 1 prestige rank if you do 3 towers a day and 2 FFA quest (3 on weekends). If you keep on this i think you can reach max prestige by end of legion.

+ you have Arena and BG weekly event. they rush it little bit. If you dont do PvP unless those events are up.
    + class mission pvp quests.

if you do all those things. you will reach max prestige even if you dont play much pvp.
    Last edited by mmoc2ce944bfe1; 2017-01-24 at 08:09 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The FFA quests are PvP. Doing the weekly events is PvP. So your problem is not people doing PvP, it's people doing casual, unrated PvP for Prestige. I made clear my opinion on that; rated PvP has it's own reward structure above the prestige system and it is the most separate reward structure in the game with the least accessible rewards.

If you are only doing Warden Towers for 900 honor a day (the only one that actually does not involve PvPing people) it will take you 8 weeks per rank.
    My only problem with PvP is how its total unbalanced. nothing more I dont mind casual PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    In know nuance is lost on you, especially since this does not in any kind of way "proof" what you've been claiming throughout this thread.

Your math was shit, it on purpose excluded the FFA one that adds another 30%. It ignores that initially the CDs were far shorter, that the FFA resets on a 4 hour timer and so on and on. You went out to come up with an faulty equation and that is exactly what you did.

You are grossly misrepresenting what is being said, which is effectively lying.

Maybe because it's a PVP thing?

Following that logic any titles, achievments and mounts gained from PvE aswell as gear, should be wholly aquireable through even basic PvP. Because "A PvE player reached them faster!".

Yeah, no.

1200 even if you do the FFA only once. Then again, you are pretty much halfway done. And no, it's "not just 1200 honor a day", it's that you get to do the PvP grind through PvE, there's zero reason why you should be able to do it. It removes the entire purpose of it existing in the first place.

Yeah, no.

So you support PvP players randomly getting mounts, titles, achievments etc from raids, aswell as T-Set aswell when doing Battlegrounds? Because it shouldn't matter and nothing bad will happen and there's no harm in it?
    I didnt neglect anything. You didnt mention FFA in OP at all.

Still waiting for your guy with almost maxed prestige guy who done only this btw

"Following that logic any titles, achievments and mounts gained from PvE aswell as gear, should be wholly aquireable through even basic PvP. Because "A PvE player reached them faster!". "
    You literally can get them by doing nothing but buying boost.

This discussion is pointless. They set the limit at 900 honor per day for the PVE wqs. It would take over a year to reach prestige 9, you could have simply doing bgs and have the same result in less time.
    Any exploit of the situation in an early iteration of the WQs that might have allowed people to reach higher prestige levels has long been fixed. It was Blizzards decision to not revert the rewards. If there was a bug or possible exploit in PVP content it might have been the same, they also did not revert any absurd honor gains you could reach when win-trading in TB was the way to go.
    So you might want to complain about how Blizzard handled the previous situation. But the current solution seems quite balanced.

Deleted
    They got me my prestige 4 mount; that's all i wanted from Legion PvP. :P

Currently i only do them for the AP reward they sometimes give + the +500 one for the achivement (i think i still need to do the BRH one 4 more times and the HM one 1 more time).

Deleted
    I first thought these area's would have us capture towers on the enemy faction. You know, kinda like those pvp points in Terokkar forest in BC?

That wouldve made them more fun and relevant.
    Now it's just run around and tag everything you see + kill the captain, who drops dead in 2 seconds.

Deleted
    I like the towers, allows me access to get the pvp talents to use for world pvp and a few transmog pieces.

But yeah early on they were poorly balanced in the effort/reward department, but we're still early in the expansion so i'm sure it will even out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I first thought these area's would have us capture towers on the enemy faction. You know, kinda like those pvp points in Terokkar forest in BC?

That wouldve made them more fun and relevant.
    Now it's just run around and tag everything you see + kill the captain, who drops dead in 2 seconds.
    i'm honestly surprised they didn't put in a defensive world tower quest. kill 10 enemy faction trying to storm your tower or some such.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    i'm honestly surprised they didn't put in a defensive world tower quest. kill 10 enemy faction trying to storm your tower or some such.
    This would lean towards a Wintergrasp style area, which I btw would welcome

Just something a bit more innovative than killing 10 NPC's, which has zero to do with pvp.

Deleted
    The FFA quests reset every 6 hours, at least in EU. They reset at 14:00, 20:00, 02:00 and 08:00. That makes 2k honor/day from them, as well as 900 from Tower. So 2.9k honor/day.

Achievements are in the game up to Prestige 15. At 50k honor per prestige, we are looking at 750 000 honor, or 268 days to max prestige with WQs alone. Thats certainly no short grind, and most people won't get all FFA WQs. I know I never get the one between 02:00 and 08:00. I think getting two is a reasonable average over such a long timespan, and that would mean you need to farm 394 days, every day.

I'm not sure that a short grind and tbh i think its perfectly fair if people get the rweards from it if they stick with it for so long. You can get it a lot faster when doing actual PvP.

I would have loved a zone like Wintergrasp, but with a world quest spin. You can do WQs to unlock stuff to attack the defender, and when you did enough WQs, attacking gets easier. Fixed timer for attacks like WG, and lets go. You can help with the attack even if you are not there by doing WQs beforehand and making it easier for your faction to capture the capital. Remove world bosses, which are easy as fuck, and re-introduce Archavons chamber style fights. Those were not trivial when they were introduced for most casual gamers.

Deleted
    Prestige system is SHIT. 1st of all the murloc exploit + Tol barad at 15 minutes spam = BAD, the towers = BAD. No accountwide progress = SHIT. You will never be able to unlock 3 x rank 13 toons by the end of the xpac. Also talk about trying to play multiple toons once the 54 traits piece of shit goes into play. Fair PVP expansion my asshole.

Deleted
    Normal working people can do 2 FFA quests each day. 3 quests on weekends. unless they do one after waking up before they go to work and then log in job to do next one

my experience is it takes me 24 days for one prestige rank with numbers i wrote. its cca 360 days to reach prestige 15 just from WQ. if you do arena event and BG events + PvP weekly class hall quest. its even less.

Considering how completely unbalanced pvp is this expansion..............I don't see any problem with the towers. I NEVER want to set foot inside an arena or BG.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    If you overfarmed you can be 7 at least, technically. Some people prestiged in under 24 hours from certain WQ abuse as well.
    So if you over farmed it you were not 9? And if you super over farmed it you were? Where is this proof of people never stepping into an instanced PvP environment and being max prestige? Or is the "PvP" community just flying off the handle again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    So if you over farmed it you were not 9? And if you super over farmed it you were? Where is this proof of people never stepping into an instanced PvP environment and being max prestige? Or is the "PvP" community just flying off the handle again.
    Within hours of the prestige change at .1.5 iirc we had someone (with proof) showing they were prestige rank 7 - not that overfarming was standard for world quest farmers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I've played since legion launch and usually do about half of the WQ that are up at any given time, which means a good bit of wardens towers (and even pvp brawl things) and I am still only level 43 so

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Yeah, no.
    Uh? 700 games of arena, 200 bgs, a few rbgs and multiple ashran runs? "Yeah no." Talking like a kid who can't accept that you've been proven wrong.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair the average PvEr is probably going to get to prestige 3 just from those by the time the expansion ends.

Considering there's like 13 ranks or something, it's not really a major issue.