Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Warden Towers made Prestige Pointless.

Prestige was meant to be a PvP "Grind" to "Show off", instead with the way it worked initially with Talents being reset and Warden Towers on relatively short CD. It ended up being mostly a random Quest Grind against PvE Mobs for PvE players. There's a whole bunch of people who have never stepped into an Arena or BG and barely done any PvP but have it almost maxed.

What was the purpose of ever introducing it and trying to sell it to the PvP community when Warden Towers turned it into a slow but extremly easy PvE Grind. Might aswell randomly hand out PvE mounts and stuff for random BGs or Arena Skirmishes. It feels extremly self sabotaging to say the least?

This is basically how Blizz makes any decision based on or regarding pvp
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz-PtEJEaqY

Well, I believe the issue with it this time around is that they have artifact appearances tied to Prestige. With Blizzard already confirming that these will remain available for transmog post-legion, it basically equates PvP to an appearance. And there's no way in hell Blizz will keep something as collectible as a transmog away from the casual player like that. Not in this expansion, with all the safe spaces and lib...wait...this isn't trade chat?

Towers give you 900 honor daily.
    You need 50 000 honor per prestige.
    Thats 55 days for one prestige rank.

Current max prestige rank is 9 I think. Thats 495 days worth of doing tower quests to get to max prestige.

I doubt there is a "whole bunch of people who have never stepped into an Arena or BG and barely done any PvP but have it almost maxed"

Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    You need 50 000 honor per prestige.
    Thats 55 days for one prestige rank.

Current max prestige rank is 9 I think. Thats 495 days worth of doing tower quests to get to max prestige.

I doubt there is a "whole bunch of people who have never stepped into an Arena or BG and barely done any PvP but have it almost maxed"
    Those who no-life farmed towers in the first days before many fixes/nerfs could likely be a few prestiges up
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Those who no-life farmed towers in the first days before many fixes/nerfs could likely be a few prestiges up
    true but nowhere close to prestige 9. Before nerfs possible prestige was 4. I was doing every tower and blackrock prenerf and I barely made it to rank 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Atmacoil View Post
    Well, I believe the issue with it this time around is that they have artifact appearances tied to Prestige. With Blizzard already confirming that these will remain available for transmog post-legion, it basically equates PvP to an appearance. And there's no way in hell Blizz will keep something as collectible as a transmog away from the casual player like that. Not in this expansion, with all the safe spaces and lib...wait...this isn't trade chat?
    They did keep the special "powered" appearance locked behind actual raiding by not allowing people to collect items for the quest in LFR, thought.

That said, I don't think it's that bad. Frinding Honor purely throught the towers would take a long time. I'd like to see the Honor gains reduced (maybe to 200 honor) while the honor gained from instanced PvP goes up (maybe not halving Honor gains after the 1st win of the day).

true but nowhere close to prestige 9. Before nerfs possible prestige was 4. I was doing every tower and blackrock prenerf and I barely made it to rank 2.
    If you overfarmed you can be 7 at least, technically. Some people prestiged in under 24 hours from certain WQ abuse as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    If you overfarmed you can be 7 at least, technically. Some people prestiged in under 24 hours from certain WQ abuse as well.
    Weren't those people rolled back and/or banned for that one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    Not factoring in the FFA quests which often now are done by people without ever touching one another as there are mobs to kill who rest on a 4 hour basis. Meaning your entire equation is from the get go dishonest.
    Even doing the FFA Quest only once a day brings it down to 375 days. Which given the Addon will likely last 2.5 - 3 years means doing them about once every three days to get max prestige and all the rewards without ever doing even a single BG. Then again, initially the towers reset FAR quicker meaning many people are already way through the entire prestige rankings.

And that Battlegrounds tend to take vastly longer, while having worse returns. Even factoring in the first Battleground Win that usually tends to reward 400-500. Those after it give LESS than a Warden Tower and that is for a victory which is not assured by any means.

"I actually went those route and am a PvE player who wants the stuff, so everything's fine!" Warden Towers simply should not exist in the first place. The FFA Brawls but limiting the PvE mobs yes the Warden Towers absolutely not.

Well the raiding appearance isn't available in LFR but it's easy enough to just pug everything...Hell I'm ret and managed to pug normal NH in its entirety in two days.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Not factoring in the FFA quests which often now are done by people without ever touching one another as there are mobs to kill who rest on a 4 hour basis. Meaning your entire equation is from the get go dishonest.

Even doing the FFA Quest only once a day brings it down to 375 days. Which given the Addon will likely last 2.5 - 3 years means doing them about once every three days to get max prestige and all the rewards without ever doing even a single BG. Then again, initially the towers reset FAR quicker meaning many people are already way through the entire prestige rankings.

And that Battlegrounds tend to take vastly longer, while having worse returns. Even factoring in the first Battleground Win that usually tends to reward 400-500. Those after it give LESS than a Warden Tower and that is for a victory which is not assured by any means.

"I actually went those route and am a PvE player who wants the stuff, so everything's fine!" Warden Towers simply should not exist in the first place. The FFA Brawls but limiting the PvE mobs yes the Warden Towers absolutely not.
    You can spam BGs. You cant spam towers.
    There is also arena and bonus arena/BG weeks + bonus pvp quests.

Dont get mad at me for calling you on your bullshit claims. Noone is close to max prestige by just doing towers. Serious pvpers are getting waaay more honor than your pve players and thats fine.
    Also I doubt Legion will last three years lol

Speaking as someone who is almost prestige level 1, never having done any PvP (arcane crystal pointed the towers once every 18 hours), I'm evidence that the OP is correct.

- - - Updated - - -

You can spam BGs. You cant spam towers.l
    However, spamming RBGs takes longer and doesn't guarantee success ... I point a crystal at a tower and it is guaranteed success in 0 time. Sure I can only do it once a day or so, but I end up with prestige having never entered PvP at all.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Speaking as someone who is almost prestige level 1, never having done any PvP (arcane crystal pointed the towers once every 18 hours), I'm evidence that the OP is correct.

- - - Updated - - -

However, spamming RBGs takes longer and doesn't guarantee success ... I point a crystal at a tower and it is guaranteed success in 0 time. Sure I can only do it once a day or so, but I end up with prestige having never entered PvP at all.
    OP claimed that there are people with near max prestige by just doing this. You are prestige level 1. If anything you have proven him wrong. Sure you can do it this way and you might even reach max prestige before next xpac but serious pvpers will have it way sooner.

Deleted
    Welcome to how PVE players have felt over the years as more and more stuff was made available for less and less effort.

Be glad you still have your gladiator mounts and elite armor - it's more than can be said for pve.

Should probably be said that I wish the prestige system meant more - it was a good idea but it's been neutered by towers and prestiging not actually meaning anything since you keep your talents. Sad, but the same thing every other area of the game has been experiencing for years.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's..... quite a stretch.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

OP claimed that there are people with near max prestige by just doing this.
    Not possible... even doing one every 18 hours on the dot, and assuming there is a 500 honour one up just at the right time - you'd amass 75000 honour. Not even to be even rank 2.

Even if you manually did them, you'd have at best 3 a day (500 + 300 + 300) ... still around prestige 3.

Not a chance of maxing out prestige just via the towers.

UNLESS of course - you actually PvPed... in which case, I don't see an issue with the result.

I just find it a bit odd that I can get prestige at all with no PvP.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep 100% agree with you OP. Add in the fact that Warden towers have a chance to give you 5 marks of honor which is more efficient than farming bg's for them.

It's lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Yep 100% agree with you OP. Add in the fact that Warden towers have a chance to give you 5 marks of honor which is more efficient than farming bg's for them.

It's lame.
    And they're BOA so no skill pve'ers can do them on alts to collect heaps of tokens for a bit of pve!

Oh wait that's me.

People who enjoy PvP will PvP regardless of whether or not the warden towers exist. At least their existence keeps non-PvPers from queuing into your battlegrounds with little to no interest or skill for it.