Switching to Elemental shaman

Hello folks.

I've been playing warlock pretty much since i've started playing wow in tbc and i'm wanting to try something different.
    Part of why i want to switch is because my guild currently have 5 warlocks and no shamans.

My question is how are you guys liking elemental right now? I know it's viable in current content but more thinking about gameplay wise.
    I started this expansion as a destro lock but changed to affliction in 7.1.5 due to destro not being so good and the rotation/gameplay just being awful.

Thank you.

I also played a lot as warlock (main char since Tbc like you until now). Now I am maining an ele shaman, and what can I say? I LIKE IT A LOT! The gameplay is nice if you like proc-based gameplay (ASC build). I like to throw Lava at my enemies, the sound is also aweseome if you shoot Lava at your enemies^^. As Ele you also have 3 types of builds (icefurry, asc, lightning rod) which are viable in the content and have different play types. Personally I like Asc a lot as said before, because I like the proc mechanic (and the visual/sound^^). Icefurry is more challenging to play, what I dont like. Asc is more like a nonbrainer but a lot of fun

Also cool is that resto-shaman gear is likely the same as ele-shaman to gear up (at the top of ilvl cap you can go for specific stats, but for gearing up you can easy use your ele gear for resto or otherwise).

Overall I can suggest you to Level an Ele-Shaman. I didn't regret my choice!
    Last edited by Madcracker; 2017-02-27 at 12:31 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you're switching to elemental, make sure you try to do some Battlegrounds / Rated BGs, kick some serious ass in there with combo bursts. Works well in 3s too.
    As for PvE, the only elemental in my guild isn't performing too well, i'm gearing my own elemental spec so we have options for switching from healers, but i have a severe lack of haste gear, and 15-20% is nowhere enough (well to me at least). Maybe getting 4set is more critical as its almost a flat 10% damage buff, but elemental may seem a little weak before than.
    Pretty sure you'd enjoy it if you can get past the tough parts

15+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy it. I swapped from hunter (main since tbc) to Elemental with Nighthold. I enjoy the rotation, feels involved but very fluid and flows nicely. not too complicated but not too simple that it's boring either (my opinion). We can be good at everything really, shine on AOE fights, spellblade I always seem to do well on. Movement can be a bit of a pain but if you plan ahead you can manage it quite well. Overall I think its awesome! All 3 lvl 100 talents are viable, icefury being quite hard but I personally prefer ascendance or lightning rod, and have used those 2 for everything currently at 6/10 mythic.

Stormkeeper chain lightning is AMAZING, I'm 902 Ilvl and sometimes I can burst 10 million damage in 3 GCD's nothing beats this lol.