7.2 New Mage Artifact Traits

7.2 artifact traits have been datamined! http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...rtifact-Traits

Arcane:
    Aegwynn's Intensity (Rank 1) (New) Increases the damage of Arcane Missiles by 3%.
    Aegwynn's Intensity (Rank 8) (New) Increases the damage of Arcane Missiles by 24%.

Aluneth's Avarice (Rank 1) (New) Mark of Aluneth restores 15% maximum mana when it detonates.
    Time and Space (Rank 1) (New) Arcane Explosion also casts at the last location where you cast Arcane Explosion within the last 6 sec.

Fire:
    Pre-Ignited (Rank 1) (New) Increases the duration of Combustion by 1 sec.
    Pre-Ignited (Rank 8) (New) Increases the duration of Combustion by 8 sec.

Phoenix's Warmth (Rank 1) (New) Phoenix Flames has a chance to grant 0% critical strike chance to you and the four nearest allies.
    Strafing Run (Rank 1) (New) Phoenix Flames chains to an additional 2 targets.

Frost:
    Obsidian Lance (Rank 1) (New) Increases the Frozen target multiplier on Ice Lance by 10%.
    Obsidian Lance (Rank 8) (New) Increases the Frozen target multiplier on Ice Lance by 80%.

Glacial Eruption (Rank 1) (New) After Ebonbolt damages a target, a pillar of ice bursts from the ground at that location, dealing 0 Shadowfrost damage.
    Freezing Rain (Rank 1) (New) While Frozen Orb is active, you cast Blizzard instantly.

And finally, there's a new scaling damage trait that sounds like it will scale infinitely.
    Infinite (Rank 1) (New) Increases damage dealt by 1%. [PH]
    Granted, it is place holder, but what else would make sense, especially if it does indeed have no cap.

Anything seem exciting to you guys? Anything seem kinda meh? Discuss!

Time and Space looks interesting, not sure how useful - but it feels 'unique' at least.

Wondering if the AP in the current +dmg trait will be returned to the pool, or with the be transferred to 'infinite' or will there be two generic +dmg traits.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

If Time and Space stack, that's ridiculous damage. Since it's a 1 point talent, it seems more likely it's intended to work with Displacement.

Only thing I hope is that Phoenix's Warmth doesn't go live.. At least in the way it's described.

Quote Originally Posted by malfecient View Post
    This makes me extremely uneasy. It sounds like Phoenix's Flames cleave is being nerfed in a separate change, which definitely isn't needed. Unless I'm misreading that and they mean to say that two hits will chain out to farther-away in-combat targets.
    Last edited by Insaniam; 2017-01-22 at 08:35 AM.

I understood it as our regular phoenix flames would bounce to two other targets, essentially giving us triple the damage.

Phoenix's warmth sounds more ...gamechanging since we could potentially see groups of 5 fire mages clumped together boosting each others crit.

Wait so we will have 18 second combustion? That will syngergize well with gloves + kindling

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkaz View Post
    Wait so we will have 18 second combustion? That will syngergize well with gloves + kindling
    Before you think this is OP, you're gonna run out of instants and might have to rely on scorch to generate HU/HS

Quote Originally Posted by nickseng View Post
    Before you think this is OP, you're gonna run out of instants and might have to rely on scorch to generate HU/HS
    Yeah, well.. it's 14 seconds without relics, so you will likely only need 1 scorch in the mid to get one more fireblast recharge.

I wonder if we should start saving AP to dump into all these new traits.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Like arcane explosion wasn't insane on aoe already. Dunno why they give us that, I'd rather have some cleave or st trait.

Pre-Ignited (Rank 1) (New) Increases the duration of Combustion by 1 sec.
    Pre-Ignited (Rank 8) (New) Increases the duration of Combustion by 8 sec.

Phoenix's Warmth (Rank 1) (New) Phoenix Flames has a chance to grant 0% critical strike chance to you and the four nearest allies.

Pre-Ignited and Phoenix's Warmth seem to be a bit of a contradiction. Anyway we cast most of our Phoenix Flames during Combustion, that will increase in case we have longer phases. And during combustion, we don't need more crit strike. I really hope that one doesn't make it life.

Strafing Run will probably work like Afterburn (in a way). Two additional targets which are hit by your PF get the full damage instead of the cleave part. I doubt this will be three full PF per cast.