Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What did your parents do that you vowed you would never do?

The other day I was thinking about how I said I would never move my kids out of a school district. That got me to thinking, most people have 1 or 2 things they say they will never do to their kids that their parents did to them. Lets see what some of those things are.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Have more children than I could afford...spend money frivolously on adult toys while your children go without things like regular medical and dental visits...be abusive towards my children...spend my eldest daughter's college savings given to her by her grandparents on a Mercedes...I can continue...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Have more children than I could afford...spend money frivolously on adult toys while your children go without things like regular medical and dental visits...be abusive towards my children...spend my eldest daughter's college savings given to her by her grandparents on a Mercedes...I can continue...
    Adult toys like vibrators?

Death due to alcoholism
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-01-22 at 06:35 AM.

Bring a child into this hell of a world.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I wouldn't let my wife give my son a blowjob, that's for sure.

Unless...

Nah.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Divorce.
    /10

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Adult toys like vibrators?
    No, two airplanes an eight car garage full of mechanic tools two four-wheelers a vintage car and a Harley. And like five other different cars besides the Mercedes and vintage car mentioned.

7+ Year Old Account
    Keep unhealthy food in the house to tempt people. My parents stocked up on soda, and snack cakes, and quick-but-bad-for-you food like Kraft dinners and instant ramen. Super not healthy, won't keep it in my house. I'm not pledging to be a super strict parent or anything. They can have a soda at a restaurant, or a barbecue or something. And there'll be desserts. But just, keep the easy-access high-fructose corn syrup to a minimum, you know?

Oh man where do I start?

I'll just cop out and say, "everything"
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Higuchi View Post
    Oh man where do I start?

I'll just cop out and say, "everything"
    I should have just said that too, ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Divorce as well, i know it's an unrealistic thing but that's the one thing i would try to avoid above all others... Divorce is a really shit thing to do to your kids.
    hahaha haha. So you'd rather be miserable than be happy? Your children aren't stupid and will see right through your act. Divorce, but be decent to each other. It's not a hard thing to do.

My parents did the while "let's not divorce". It lead to screaming matches and fucked me up more than the divorce did.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    hahaha haha. So you'd rather be miserable than be happy? Your children aren't stupid and will see right through your act. Divorce, but be decent to each other. It's not a hard thing to do.

My parents did the while "let's not divorce". It lead to screaming matches and fucked me up more than the divorce did.
    Also this, life before parents' divorce was miserable, seeing them screaming at and fighting each other was pathetic experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Divorce as well, i know it's an unrealistic thing but that's the one thing i would try to avoid above all others... Divorce is a really shit thing to do to your kids.
    From what I recall from a child development course I took, it's actually healthier all around for parents to divorce (as amicably as possible) rather then stay together for the kids. Kids pick up on the unhappiness whether there is overt fighting or not (usually there is), and of course the parents are unhappy as well. If there's a serious issue like cheating then that creates even more emotional drama.

I do think that sometimes couples are too eager to divorce instead of working on their problems (they think divorce is an escape hatch because they are unhappy with their lives, sometimes for reasons other than their relationship), but overall I think that relationships sometimes have a point of no return when they start to go south (whether due to infidelity or incompatibility or drifting apart) and when a couple gets to that point then divorce is oftentimes the healthiest option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make back handed comments to anyone we brought home. How can you pass judgement on someone you've only met for 10 minutes? Give it time. Let it marinate a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Put others before myself; she was used by so many ungrateful people. It's probably why I'm so callous now.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fight in front of guests.

Thats about it yall have some fuck up folks.

Promised I would never become a good loving respectable conservatives they were because I hate human life and anyone that disagrees with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Bring a child into this hell of a world.
    Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

1. My older brother and I had jobs around the neighborhood / town which we used to save up cash, since our parents didn't believe in allowances. A few years go by and I go into the bank to deposit my latest lawn mowing / snow shoveling endeavors. Only to be told by the teller and manager that not only was my account empty, but my parents had withdrew all $500 (for a 16 year old that was a lot!). Rage ensued when it was later found that half of it was given to my sibling who blew it on a green drug, while the other half was used to gamble with.

2. Parents took it upon themselves to take my car and title while I was at work (high school, first car only had it 1 week) and use the car for a trade in. Wouldn't let me go near the trade in for about a year. Ironic that without my car being used, they wouldn't have been able to make the trade in the 1st place. Found this out years later when I worked for the car lot where the car was traded in at.

3. Decided between themselves that it would be a good idea to take my 4th car and loan it to my younger brother. Except for the fact that it wasn't tabbed, licensed or insured. It gets better - the car wasn't street legal, setup for auto crossing. They also decided those "wide racing tires" wouldn't be a good idea to drive for 100 - 200 miles on, took it to a tire store which kept said tires and sold them a set of cheapos. One would think when a younger brother has an older brother that built cars for a few years, some basic common sense / maintenance would rub off, right? Nope, as I'm getting home from work I see smoke billowing out from the hood. Apparently between the 3 of them, they decided to play a game of "lets see how far we can drive the car with no oil!!!." I still /facepalm about this because the car was taken after I had run to the auto parts store, left a jug of oil, oil filter etc, on the hood as well as telling them I will tune it up after work since I was called in early.

But wait, there's more!!! Above car had to be sold as a parts car since the engine was toast, while I was able to find a buyer on a nissan forum, my parents insisted I owed them money for the "really good tires" they had just put on a car which they had just admitted they stole and wouldn't be paying for the engine. Their thought process went along the lines of stealing was ok, giving away $650 in tires was ok, but holy crap you didn't pay us back the $90 in cheap tires which we put on your car that we stole? You ungrateful little %hi&!

Their is more, but just thinking of the above makes me want to slam my hooha in a sliding glass door, repeatedly.
    Last edited by Epoch; 2017-01-22 at 07:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 25165453757
    I am excite