Thread: Battletech

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Battletech

Anyone else stoked about this?

http://battletechgame.com/

This game is more in line with the old Mech Commander games than it is with the Mechwarrior games, although it's turn-based rather than real-time. I've been drooling over this for a long time now, and have sunk $50 into the backing.

Here's a really good vid to watch of the gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I like the speed mechanic or whatever they call it to help keep lighter mechs more viable against LOLAlpha from the big boys.

10+ Year Old Account
    looks very promising, especially for a pre alpha version.

if they include the points said at the end of the video (targetable bodyparts and lvling crew with perma death) i will be on board with this game.

if i have a new pc until then ...
    and if the mech hangar is better than in mechwarrior online. that one is just a sad clusterfuck ...

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got a chance to play the pre-alpha demo that they had at MechCon in Vancouver back in December. Already looked pretty polished, for a single map anyway. HBS has the advantage of all their Mech models coming from MechWarrior Online so there is no work involved in that design, which I play pretty well daily and have for 4 years now by the way. The backer beta is expected to launch in the next couple of months, so I am looking forward to playing the game.

looks more like front mission. to which I can only say HELL YA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOMO1211 View Post
    looks more like front mission. to which I can only say HELL YA
    Now that you mention it, it does kinda feel like that. Especially the way damage numbers are done.
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    TURNED BASED MECH STRATEGY? I think I just came a little. They need to make a Code Geass game with this exact same premise.

10+ Year Old Account
    7 more days

my only regret is its in the 3025s, cause the Mauler isn't till 3048

I'm glad they're starting with the classic era, I just wish they'd been able to have all the 'unseen' 'Mechs in at launch. I want my Archer, Marauder, Warhammer and Rifleman!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    7 more days

my only regret is its in the 3025s, cause the Mauler isn't till 3048
    I'm hoping for time progression through expansions at this point... I will miss the Timberwolf and Hellbringer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    I'm glad they're starting with the classic era, I just wish they'd been able to have all the 'unseen' 'Mechs in at launch. I want my Archer, Marauder, Warhammer and Rifleman!
    You can blame the a-holes over at Harmony Gold for that.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    I'm hoping for time progression through expansions at this point... I will miss the Timberwolf and Hellbringer.

- - - Updated - - -

You can blame the a-holes over at Harmony Gold for that.
    That case was just dismissed with prejudice as of yesterday

and just uploaded

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice :-)

I'm sorely disappointed that both this and Frostpunk release on the same day. That said, I already purchased BattleTech, I have not purchased Frostpunk (still can't pre-order on Steam), so BattleTech wins out. Really looking forward to this! I was a huge fan of the Mech Commander games back in the day, and while those were real-time and this is turn-based, I am chomping at the bit to get back into tweaking loadouts and such!

10+ Year Old Account

and just uploaded
    Indeed it was, but the game is already done... They may be added later in content patches or expansion packs/DLC, but for now they are out because of Harmony Gold... I really hope they eventually bankrupt themselves with all the money they have to throw at these BS lawsuits, so they stop doing this crap... We need more Battletech universe games, and most of them get stifled, or never even attempted because of HG's BS.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2018-04-18 at 02:57 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

ABOUT GOD DAMN TIME!

Soon we will get real Macross releases!

Has my attention. Would fill in the gap between the next XCOM. Still hoping for a Mechwarrior style of old with single player which is unfortunately unlikely.

10+ Year Old Account
    seeing it was dismissed cause it looks like Harmony Gold hasn't had legal rights to it for almost a decade (if at all), I'm honestly more surprised there weren't a bunch of filings today from people they sued in the past demanding their money back

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_33...KgNWRveWQ/view

for those that wanted to see the dismissal
    Last edited by D Luniz; 2018-04-18 at 04:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Has my attention. Would fill in the gap between the next XCOM. Still hoping for a Mechwarrior style of old with single player which is unfortunately unlikely.
    Mechwarrior 5 is currently in development and coming out this year(keep in mind that this is alpha/beta footage, graphics are still being polished up). Devs have said it will have mod support, co-op, and apparently native VR support, which is pretty sweet. Built in Unreal 4, so it should run a hell of a lot better than MechWarrior Online does (which is built on a pretty dated version of CryEngine).

- - - Updated - - -

seeing it was dismissed cause it looks like Harmony Gold hasn't had legal rights to it for almost a decade (if at all), I'm honestly more surprised there weren't a bunch of filings today from people they sued in the past demanding their money back

That would be hilarious and amazing.

Not to mention the people that could sue for damages over games they got shut down mid development.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2018-04-18 at 05:29 AM.

Deleted

(collectively, the “Harebrained Defendants”)

Thanks; I just spit some coffee over this.

On topic. Kinda busy at the moment, but - as someone owning 1000s of pages of rule books, scenario books and battle mech compendia - plan to buy the game later this year.

Oh damn this is already coming out soon? I'll have to get my pre order on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Found a video collection on youtube...Christopher Odd? Something like that, who has recorded something like half the game and put it on youtube already. I've watched I think the first two missions and man, I REALLY can't wait for this to come out! I kickstarted it and have been playing the beta for a while, but the campaign looks so amazing I just can't wait to binge play :-)