Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Any info on Offline Mode? Hopes for Legion.

Is there any info on this matter? Could we expect it in Legion?

I mean offline status for battlenet! Hoping a mod changes the title! Apologies!
    Last edited by mmoc25e376576d; 2017-01-23 at 12:04 PM.

Deleted
    World of Warcraft is an MMO, offline mode shouldn't be part of this. I'm sorry to say, but if you'd like to play WoW offline, maybe you should look into Skyrim?

[edit]

Oh, silly me. Offline mode as in "Don't show friends I'm online". Still seems like a weird feature for an MMO, but at leas I can get behind that.
    Last edited by mmocde156a4a73; 2017-01-23 at 12:11 PM.

Deleted
    Didn't Blizzard say they wanted to add an offline mode to the B.net launcher a while back. I'm fairly positive it's something they're going to implement at some point. How that would effect games like World of Warcraft I'm unsure, I'd love to have it for Hearthstone/Diablo 3 though as sometimes I feel like just chilling out without having to respond to messages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    Didn't Blizzard say they wanted to add an offline mode to the B.net launcher a while back. I'm fairly positive it's something they're going to implement at some point. How that would effect games like World of Warcraft I'm unsure, I'd love to have it for Hearthstone/Diablo 3 though as sometimes I feel like just chilling out without having to respond to messages.
    Yes, it is on the menu, but there were some complications.

Though, in my book, offline mode is there. You just remove the ones whom bother you - or more simple, tell them DND.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Diogo View Post
    Is there any info on this matter? Could we expect it in Legion?

I mean offline status for battlenet! Hoping a mod changes the title! Apologies!
    M M O R P G

Massive, Multiplayer, Online, Role, Playing, Game

Deleted
    It's in the works. Been for a long time.
    The WoW servers have their own local friend/ignore lists and afk/dnd statuses - which is a completely separate system from Battle Net, so I'm quessing the integration between the 12 year old server spaghetticode isn't entirely trivial.

I'm not expecting it to be ready during Legion though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    It's in the works. Been for a long time.
    The WoW servers have their own local friend/ignore lists and afk/dnd statuses - which is a completely separate system from Battle Net, so I'm quessing the integration between the 12 year old server spaghetticode isn't entirely trivial.

I'm not expecting it to be ready during Legion though.
    Makes sense, thanks for the info!

I wouldn't get my hopes up.

First of all, "offline mode" was achievable simply via port blocking.

Second - they keep adding features that are quite the opposite, such as the "alert" to you friends and guildmates for whenever you join a queue or a group. And you can¨t even opt out!

My guess is, this feature is as worked on as vanilla servers. Once the topic comes up every now and then, a CM will paste some bullshit to shut ppl up and they go on with their bussiness.

That being showing everyone online as much as possible, cross-games, cross-realms, popups for all the shit that's in the game, just so you could see how totally not dead it is and how you should also buy their other games, cause after all, all your friends are playing overshit, why not join them, right?

tl;dr: Not happening.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post

Though, in my book, offline mode is there. You just remove the ones whom bother you - or more simple, tell them DND.
    Ya that's always an option. Sometime it's nice to not even have to say anything at all though, just completely socially switch off without having to worry about ignoring somebody. But ya for sure, if a player is annoying you then chances are you don't want them on there in the first place

Blizzard have their own vision and refuse to implement mandatory and time-proved IM features, like appear offline? Because they want you to "advertise" their games to your friends? Marketing BS? There is simple solution! Ready to hear it? IF IT DOESN'T SUIT YOU, THEN SIMPLY STOP USING BATTLE.NET AS CHAT PLATFORM - USE SKYPE/VIBER/WHATSAPP/ICQ/JABBER/ETC! Problem solved. Delete all your so called friends from your Battle.net friend list, create separate IM account and add all your friends there. Don't want to mess with them? Don't login on your IM account! Or just use "Invisible" feature, many IM platforms provide! The whole idea of creating new separate chat/VOIP/Streaming platform by every freakin game developer - is nonsense, especially if they can't or don't want to implement it properly! Why can't you realize it? It's like having Mail service on every site, you're registered on. YOU NEED ONE SINGLE FULL-FLEDGED IM SERVICE FOR ALL YOUR FRIENDS!
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2017-01-23 at 01:09 PM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

I wouldn't mind it for cross realm b.net friends. I mean I got a pretty solid list and I take advantage of it by getting groups together, finding decent pug raids, and keeping up with old friends that have moved on to other games / realms. I LIKE HAVING THIS LIST. But some times (when I am raiding with my guild for example) I wish I could just shut off the cross realm folks asking questions, looking for runs posts, announcements, and all the works.

Now I don't think you should be able to appear invisible to everyone. If someone looks for you on your server and you are playing should be able to /who you. YOU ARE IN THE WORLD they are actually playing in and impacting it. You shouldn't be able to appear invisible to your guild. That is just kind of creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I wouldn't mind it for cross realm b.net friends. I mean I got a pretty solid list and I take advantage of it by getting groups together, finding decent pug raids, and keeping up with old friends that have moved on to other games / realms. I LIKE HAVING THIS LIST. But some times (when I am raiding with my guild for example) I wish I could just shut off the cross realm folks asking questions, looking for runs posts, announcements, and all the works.
    cant you achieve that by using the "busy" mode?

The reason, why we don't have this thing yet - are Blizzard, tending to overcomplicate things. They just can't implement "partial" solution. They want Appear Offline to give you fake character - with random race, nick, guild, title, gear, etc. Or may be, OMG, put you to your personal instance! So there won't be any way to detect you ingame. And as it's very difficult to implement and cost too much resources - it takes so long and has so low priority. And what majority of players want? To play on alt without being disturbed by invites! Is it really that hard to implement, what players are asking you to implement, right here and right now? Or may be "it's hard to implement, as we want it to be implemented" - is just one of these excuses, used to refuse improving game? Such as "We don't want to update Wow graphics - we are developing Titan (that has never actually existed)"?
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2017-01-23 at 02:22 PM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by pmkaboo View Post
    They can still hit you up.

I've wanted that mode since forever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post

DND has never gotten my friends to stop asking for stuff or stop complaining about their personal lives. They want me to respond promptly even during a raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love an offline mode, just like minecraft, or just like we could play Zelda offline, there's too many single player content in WoW. Obviously needs to be online too for group content, but group content is far from being the whole game. Also such mode would be a step toward the official preservation of the game in the long run.

Though I misread probably and you talked about bnet, yeah needs that too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Definitely need an appear offline mode. Some times I'm just not feeling sociable.

Quote Originally Posted by Emy View Post
    World of Warcraft is an MMO, offline mode shouldn't be part of this. I'm sorry to say, but if you'd like to play WoW offline, maybe you should look into Skyrim?

[edit]

Oh, silly me. Offline mode as in "Don't show friends I'm online". Still seems like a weird feature for an MMO, but at leas I can get behind that.
    Its not about the game, its about the platform. Funny you mention skyrim, in steam I can absolutely go offline if I feel like it. And I can play an mmo on steam while "offline" to boot. Its an issue with battle.net not supporting it, has nothing to do with the game.

What if I want to play starcraft 2 single player without broadcasting that to the world?

It's a pretty basic privacy feature that people have asked about for a long time in battle.net.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    Ya that's always an option. Sometime it's nice to not even have to say anything at all though, just completely socially switch off without having to worry about ignoring somebody. But ya for sure, if a player is annoying you then chances are you don't want them on there in the first place
    I tend to always say something if someone contacts me, even if I wish to be left alone, because most the time it has a valid reason. Though, I have had a few I've had to remove with the excuse of, 'I've just not been online much lately' due to them having been almost spamming me.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    DND has never gotten my friends to stop asking for stuff or stop complaining about their personal lives. They want me to respond promptly even during a raid.
    Well, sadly, that shows a lack of respect, to be honest. And well, I am taking you aren't part of a reality show either.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pmkaboo View Post
    Well no, people still message you. Sometimes you just want to fully switch off and isolate yourself