Kubo and the Two Strings: 2
    Moana: 2
    Passengers: 2
    Florence Foster Jenkins: 2
    Rogue One: A Star Wars Story: 2
    Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: 2
    Deepwater Horizon: 2
    A Man Called Ove: 2

14? Jesus La La Land. That makes it tie with Titantic and All About Eve for most nominations for a movie ever.

Happy: Mel Gibson got nominated for Best Director.

Sad: Your Name (Kimi no na wa) was not nominated for Best Animated Feature Film. And Deadpool didn't manage to snag a Best Screenplay nom.

Puzzled: Silence got only a single nomination.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2017-02-27 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I hate when musicals/dance movies get so much praise and recieve so many nominations/awards. Probably because I don't like the genre, but still... it's annoying.
    You make it sound like it happens often.

I hate when musicals/dance movies get so much praise and recieve so many nominations/awards. Probably because I don't like the genre, but still... it's annoying.
    ahhh yes, because you dont like the genre that warrants a movie not being able to get nominations. ahhh yes becuase musicals are SOOOOO popular too dude.

good thing you came here to circle jerk about the movies you don't like..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyou
    [Shadowmourne, I went to Icecrown and was hoping for Frostmourne but all I got was this lame axe]

The only movie on this list I've seen is Rogue One.

And, no Deadpool... no interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    be interesting to see Jimmy Kimmel hosting. but thats about it.
    Hi

That is surprising. That movie was abysmal.
    The nomination was for "Makeup and Hairstyling" so not really an award anyone pays attention to, unless possibly if they're actually in the makeup and hairstyling business.

And it's inclusion means I've seen a whole one movie that got nominated this year, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    The nomination was for "Makeup and Hairstyling" so not really an award anyone pays attention to, unless possibly if they're actually in the makeup and hairstyling business.

And it's inclusion means I've seen a whole one movie that got nominated this year, heh.
    Shameful, sir!

I am pleasantly surprised that Hacksaw Ridge got as many noms as it did. I would have liked to have seen Sing Street get a song nomination, but I guess they only have one "full" song in the movie. Would be neat to have a full version of "The Riddle of the Model" or "Girls".

- - - Updated - - -

Wasn't the last ones Into the Woods and Les Miserables?
    Into the Woods was nominated for three things, none of which it won. Les Miserables was nominated for 8 categories (it won 3), but that was whooping four years ago. For an entire genre, that's not a huge amount of space to fill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Much better line up than last year. Amy Adams deserves a nomination.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    I want Jake Gyllenhaal to get a damn nom!

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Much better line up than last year. Amy Adams deserves a nomination.
    Not sure what categories you are talking about, but going by Best Picture, I think I liked last year's round of movies more than this year's, although granted, I have not seen Lion, Fences or Hidden Figures yet.

I would have liked to have seen Amy Adams nominated for Arrival, but I have only seen one of the five performances that did get nominated, so I don't know what I'd take out.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Not sure what categories you are talking about, but going by Best Picture, I think I liked last year's round of movies more than this year's, although granted, I have not seen Lion, Fences or Hidden Figures yet.

I would have liked to have seen Amy Adams nominated for Arrival, but I have only seen one of the five performances that did get nominated, so I don't know what I'd take out.
    Amy Adams should of been nominated for Best Actress :\

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Amy Adams should of been nominated for Best Actress :\
    Who would you have taken out?

Who would you have taken out?
    Most likely would be Natalie Portman.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Amy Adams officially robbed.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Most likely would be Natalie Portman.
    Heard she is supposed to be pretty great in Jackie. In fact, even with Amy Adams included, I think it's between Natalie Portman and Emma Stone, with Emma Stone being the most likely winner.

Shameful, sir!
    Not much of it interests me. I'll see Rogue One on Netflix(I am a Donnie Yen fan, but not especially a Star Wars fan), same with Fences since I'm a big Denzel fan, Hell or High Water looked pretty good so I'll check it out, maybe Arrival and Passengers though I'm not terribly interested in either of them.

Rest of it...well, you'd have to pay me to watch. And by pay me, in a lot of those cases I'm talking like, nothing short of $100 would be sufficient.

I wonder if anyone is going to discredit any African american winners simply to appease all the people who complained about the last few one of these.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I wonder if anyone is going to discredit any African american winners simply to appease all the people who complained about the last few one of these.
    Well when The Academy is just trying to reach their diversity quota...

Like literally. They actually responded to last year's #OscarsSoWhite by inviting double the number of voters and making a majority of them minorities (lol) and women, and then emphasized that to illustrate their diversity.

Speaking of #OscarsSoWhite... The idiot that created that faux outrage is now complaining again this year. Because even though #OscarsLessWhite (yes, this is a real trending hashtag celebrating there being less white people nominated), apparently they didn't go far enough...

"#OscarsSoWhite creator April Reign told the Los Angeles Times that while this years nominations are blacker, that doesn't necessarily mean they are more diverse.

"Where are the Latinx movies, the LGBTQIA movies? The Asian American/Pacific Islander community has had a worse year," Reign said. "We can't forget [them] just because we have black nominees this year. #OscarsSoWhite is about everybody.""

Well, the idea is not totally wrong. The majority of movie-casts are pretty "white". I just don't think the Oscars should be blamed. Although it apparently works, so maybe they should. Anyway, I believe one must always strive to improve, so I don't mind that people are still pushing for diverse representation.