Aff: Which trinkets should i use?

Hey guys and gals,

Looking for a little advice here...i'm torn between 3 trinkets -

Star gate (875 ilvl)
    Erratic metronome (870)
    Aran's ruby (i think its 860?)

I'm unsure which two are the best to use, it appears that aran's is a lot better than stargate since the damage is so much higher, at least for AOE pulls, but im mainly doing nighthold where for the most part i don't really care about aoe dps too much...I'm also a little confused because i've asked others and they say the metronome is garbage, but then Icy veins says its BIS?

Please help, thanks

Deleted
    star gate will be buffed 30% dmg tomorrow

Deleted
    Metronome and Star Gate.

FYI in future, just check the trinket logs that can be found in the Warlock Discord.

Deleted
    Hi, i highjack this thread for even more questions regarding trinkets.

Using the list in Discord for Affl Wlocks I gathered the following outut : trinket(ilvl) - dps
    Infernal Writ(875) - 542
    Stat stick mast(865) - 542
    Stat stick haste(865) - 539
    Star Gate(880) - 534
    Fury of the Burning Sky(875) - 533
    Swarming Plaguehive(865) - 532
    Unstable Horrorslime(865) - 529

The stat stick mast + Infernal Writ also sim the highests, so thats what im using at the moment! Altough this makes my mastery go below 120%.
    But the NH trinkets are getting buffed, +30% for Star Gate and +40% for Fury.
    The Fury of the burning skies got a quite alot of mastery onit, so it should be good for ST. Will they boost the +mastery or only the AOE effect it has?
    In other Words, will the tinket boost allow me to use the NH trinkets and really gain from them over using the others currently at top?

Looking forward to a new list once the buffs gone live and simc is updated.

Thanks in advance

I know this may not be an option for you for a while, but Last night I got Burning wish as affliction. I have no specific affliction legendaries, (have 2 destro, and now 2 generic), so i equipped it. I was thinking about this today. The damage on it has a base ~880k or so damage, (I need to do some tests to see if this can crit)....this is equivilent to about 3 or 4 SoC's. I'm wondering if i can completely forgo speccing into Sow the seeds for fights that have occasional aoe bits but mostly single target (like scorpion boss, or trik boss in nighthold).

Bottom line is i think its going to be a pretty great affliction trinket. I think the only time it will be average is against a strict single target fight, and even then its doing more damage than my previous trinket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have the sims trinkets list been updated yet to reflect the recent hot fixes?

star gate is garbage from my testing up to 1% damage on most NH bosses