Hidden Master's Forbidded Touch

I made a post on the WoW forums and I'm hoping the WW community here will support me on the forums to help make these gloves useful.

us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752513948

Original Post on forums.

Hidden master's forbidden touch is a glove legendary for WW monk that allows Touch of death to be cast again within 5 seconds before CD triggers.

To be clear you can not reapply the Touch of Death to the same target it can only be used on a secondary target.

The actual potential to use this effect will almost never happen. Using it in m+ on two targets is negligible if it even increases dps. Most of the time mobs in m+ die before the damage even goes off. The monk trait that reduces the cooldown by 30% if the target dies while ToD is still on the target doesn't really do anything, you're just wasting the cd on it.

In raids for single target it seriously does nothing. Even if you could just reapply it to get 5 extra seconds of gale burst damage it would at least have some value.

The only potential use for these gloves is to use it on an add during a boss while still applying it to the boss while the add dies and refunds 30% cd so you can use it again on the boss a little bit sooner. However even doing it this way is a dps loss, not getting damage from the death of the add, and losing uptime on the boss will gimp all the damage you get from gale burst effectively lowering your dps. The second use for this is on council fights, of which there are none unless you count botanist, which even then will be very difficult to line up and will still only account for a marginalized dps increase.

I'm not trying to QQ and cry about how my legendary isnt gud like others do, I'm mainly trying to point out to blizzard that these gloves are not "legendary" and extremely counter intuitive. They are effectively only a decent stat increase and even with that don't have the best combination of stats for WW monk.

I'd like to see something change about this legendary, the change from 3 seconds to 5 seconds doesnt really change anything about how un legendary these are. Having them grant an extra charge of ToD similar to how SEF works, or even just being able to use it again and extend the duration of ToD on the target would at least put these gloves in a state of usefulness because as it stands right now they are broken.

TLDR: WW glove legendary don't have any practical use, doesn't provide utility or a dps increase outside of more agility.

- - - Updated - - -

On a side note i'd like to hear babylonius' thoughts on this legendary and the points i made here

I'd assume it is strong in cleave situations, which is clearly what it is intended for.

Yea they are pretty garbage. I could easily see them increasing it from 2 potential applications to 3.

They're the first legendary I got, still using them now. They're absolutely terrible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varithmus View Post
    They're the first legendary I got, still using them now. They're absolutely terrible.
    All the same here. I was working on my tank legendary, but set loot table to dps for 1 item - bang! The two other legendaries I have are both belts ... irony much.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are quite a few legendaries that are amazing on aoe/cleave but nothing but a stat stick for ST.

I honestly wish it would just give a split cd like SEaF and let you apply it 2-3 times on the same target (Not working in PvP for obvious reasons of course). At least then you get to use it properly on both cleave and single.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necco View Post
    On a side note i'd like to hear babylonius' thoughts on this legendary and the points i made here
    I think you're being a little black and white with your TLDR. Its obvious that it can provide a DPS increase, just not much and not often. To say it doesn't at all is a little narrow.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by ribthanwa View Post
    I'd assume it is strong in cleave situations, which is clearly what it is intended for.
    They aren't even that great on cleave fights. You get 1 free ToD every 2min. That's less than 20k dps if you use it perfectly. Considering people are doing over 500k even on single target fights, that's less than 4% at most, 0% at worst.

I even swapped my Hidden masters for Prydaz, just because the sheer amount of stats plus the free 25% shield is way better than something that does literally nothing on almost every fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if the mob dies before ToD goes off you're still getting 30% ToD CDR.

I find that saving FSK makes it more usable.

Also, while Prydaz has 3000 more secondary stats than the gloves, it has 2362 less agility, and our tier gloves are shitty, so unless you really need Prydaz for something it's not a dps increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Runeheal View Post
    Even if the mob dies before ToD goes off you're still getting 30% ToD CDR.

I find that saving FSK makes it more usable.

Also, while Prydaz has 3000 more secondary stats than the gloves, it has 2362 less agility, and our tier gloves are shitty, so unless you really need Prydaz for something it's not a dps increase.
    No that's not how it works. You can't just compare the two legendaries to each other because they are in different slots. You compare them to what you have as a backup.

My 910 Hidden masters gives me around 5k dps over my 885 back up, and my 910 Prydaz gives me 8k more dps than my neck back up. That means I am gaining 3k dps no matter what fight, and the 25% shield that might save my life.

If I equip the glove, that would me I lose 3k dps on some fights where the extra ToDs are useless or up to ~15k gain when I use it to its fullest potential, and I would lose the shield.

In the end, I probably would use my next legendary upgrade on the Hidden Masters, and that would make it always better than the Prydaz. But for now, I like Prydaz more.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coblade14 View Post
    No that's not how it works. You can't just compare the two legendaries to each other because they are in different slots. You compare them to what you have as a backup.

My 910 Hidden masters gives me around 5k dps over my 885 back up, and my 910 Prydaz gives me 8k more dps than my neck back up. That means I am gaining 3k dps no matter what fight, and the 25% shield that might save my life.

If I equip the glove, that would me I lose 3k dps on some fights where the extra ToDs are useless or up to ~15k gain when I use it to its fullest potential, and I would lose the shield.

In the end, I probably would use my next legendary upgrade on the Hidden Masters, and that would make it always better than the Prydaz. But for now, I like Prydaz more.
    You would only compare them to another item in that slot if you had the same number of legendaries as you can equip. If you have more legendaries than you can wear, then you absolutely have to compare between two legendaries, but you can also include the damage over the back ups as well.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch