Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    First of all, 3-4 days a week is not hardcore, it's a standard. 2 and less is rare, and really low amount. More than 4 is usually in the hardcore territory involving split runs and raiding on alts.

Second, you don't measure how "hardcore" and "progression oriented" is a guild based solely on the amount of raid days. There are hardcore progression oriented 2-day a week raiding guilds (albeit rare), and there are guilds with 4 raids a week where progression is slow and people make a lot of mistakes so they basically try to bruteforce encounters more than "progress" through them.

What I was doing when looking for a suitable guild is check wowprogress and check when did a guild kill specific milestone bosses. Atm it would be things like completing mythic Emerald Nightmare or killing mythic Odyn or Guarm (as mythic Helya was basically only killed by hardcore guilds). Early dates of first kills mean more hardcore and going for kills asap, slower kills mean the guild often needed more gear or nerfs to overcome the content therefore don't expect them to be too hardcore.

And never check the self applied label, atm 90% of the guilds will label themselves as "semi-hardcore", that label is meaningless.
    I agree - days don't matter the least, what you do with them does however. It's true about the self-labelling as well I'd think; I've seen multiple 5-day raiding guilds that are hardcore for example, but they end up in the world 500+ mark or worse.
    But in the end I'd suppose that the labels really are... whatever it means for that guild specifically, it's more of what they perceive as hardcore that makes them call themselves hardcore whilst someone else might have another opinion (like me commenting on the 5-day guilds above).

For us we're a 3-day raiding guild (12h/week) that identify themselves as semi-hardcore due to the progress we push on such low raiding time; we do one split heroic with alts which is baked into normal raiding days and we never ever extend to a 4th day. With this we still made it to top 25 world with our mythic Helya kill and we're sitting on 4 mythic NH as of now with one more day to go.
    So, for me, semi-hardcore in my situation is fast and efficient with results, laid-back attitude without spending extra days on a million of split runs.

For the OP;
    it's been 3 months, if your heart desires more, go for it. This is exactly what I did; years back I was in a guild only capable of the lower raiding with some one-off heroic (pre-mythic) bosses. I wanted more. So I moved on.
    The best advice I can give you is that you should REALLY make sure how the guild seems before making the leap, because if you're blindly jumping from guild to guild many more serious guilds might notice that you're more or less guild hopping a lot - which gives a sense of doubt of "is this guy just gonna jump again soon?".
    Throughout the years a handful of guild-hopper people have joined the guilds I'm in to get a chance - none of them have ever stayed for one reason or another. I've been in three guilds for my more high-end raiding and I've been in each guild at least a year on average before moving. This results in me showing that I'm reliable and serious and have planned where I'm going.

Before you even apply to a guild research it properly - check their Warcraftlogs, check if their roster has a lot of movement (constant new people and those people disappearing, look far back with logs), check if they really are as many days as their claim (this one really irks me) and, ofc, their WoWprogress page.
    See what their goals are and if they match yours, check out their forum if they have one - check out some previous streams to see/hear how they interact and what the atmosphere is.
    Once you feel confident they seem somewhat like a good match add btags from WoWprogress guild page and have a chat with an officer - eventually if all feels good make a real application.
    And if and when you make that application make sure to NOT lie about anything. Be open and honest. Nothing is worse than lying from the get-go. I see a lot of clear lying in applications and they just leave a bad taste in your mouth and you lose interest instantly.

What I'm proposing is -ridiculously- much work but in the end I promise it will be worth it. I absolutely hate changing guilds which I do extremely rarely and only if there truly is a pressing matter I can't get away from - mostly because of the work I put into it. Awkwardness while getting used to the new way of a new group of people and put names for all the voices on TS is a whole other deal.
    But work gives results. Take changing guilds seriously and take the guild seriously and you'll be good. Even if you get declined just try again even if the task seems just too much to bear with to find yet another somewhat suitable guild. I can't stress enough how much the work is worth it; just remember you're looking for a permanent home and not a motel on the side of the highway to sleep in while you continue down the road to the next one.

Also make sure that your btag is present on your personal WoWprogress page and that you've set yourself to "looking for guild"; I know a lot of people recruit through this method.

As a side-note; as much as it pains me to say it... if you truly want to do mythic, don't join guilds in trade "preparing" for mythic. It never happens. Guilds that advertise in trade are generally... well, let's just say ignore trade chat and focus on WoWprogress.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Dem View Post
    I agree - days don't matter the least, what you do with them does however. It's true about the self-labelling as well I'd think; I've seen multiple 5-day raiding guilds that are hardcore for example, but they end up in the world 500+ mark or worse.
    But in the end I'd suppose that the labels really are... whatever it means for that guild specifically, it's more of what they perceive as hardcore that makes them call themselves hardcore whilst someone else might have another opinion (like me commenting on the 5-day guilds above).
    I've seen guilds from world top 100 to guilds still struggling in heroic to label themselves "semi-hardcore" so the label is so vast, vague and misleading it's better to ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Dem View Post
    Before you even apply to a guild research it properly - check their Warcraftlogs, check if their roster has a lot of movement (constant new people and those people disappearing, look far back with logs), check if they really are as many days as their claim (this one really irks me) and, ofc, their WoWprogress page.
    See what their goals are and if they match yours, check out their forum if they have one - check out some previous streams to see/hear how they interact and what the atmosphere is.
    Once you feel confident they seem somewhat like a good match add btags from WoWprogress guild page and have a chat with an officer - eventually if all feels good make a real application.
    And if and when you make that application make sure to NOT lie about anything. Be open and honest. Nothing is worse than lying from the get-go. I see a lot of clear lying in applications and they just leave a bad taste in your mouth and you lose interest instantly.
    This is very good advice.

For example first week of Nighthold I've seen tons of shenanigans from all these "semi-hardcore semi-casual" guilds, one advertising 3 raids a week yet having logs on warcraft logs every single day of the week, and not alt runs or splits, literally 2-3 bosses every day tens of wipes on each. 10/10 hc in the first week looks nice but does it still if it took you 7 full evenings to achieve it? Another guild advertised as 8/10 hc on the first day of Nighthold and their logs spanned from 9am in the morning until 11pm in the night, early bosses done with small group and probably pugs. Would you like to join a guild that asks people to either raid 14 hours or miss half the bosses because overeager officers already cleared them with pugs?

And yes, scanning guild logs or kill reports form wowprogress and seeing constantly different people is a red light as well, either unstable roster, people constantly come and go, or massive bench and you'll more bench warm than raid.

Talking with an officer helps too, see his attitude etc. In the past I decided against joining some guilds purely based on officer's attitude like: treats you like a pest who wastes his time instead of potential valuable addition to the team, behaves as if his guild is second serenity despite having average progress, promises way too much in comparison to what the guild is atm (either delusional or liar trying to lure people in based on false image), and so on. Why? Because I've seen too many guilds disband over expectations / ambitions / promises not matching reality after. And well, the part about being treated as "begone, noob!" doesn't encourage anyone.

Also pay attention if you ask an officer about requirements for his guild does he put more emphasis on player skills or players belongings (ilvl, artifact level and so on). People who purely recruit "ilvls" often end up with players who lack in other departments and being in a guild full of loot whores, meter whores and drama makers is a very volatile environment and often not very pleasant. Good recruitment officers try to ensure a player not only meets minimal requirements gear wise but will also make a good fit personality wise and skill wise in their guild. You can somehow see it in their attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Azzurri View Post
    Ok, so I joined a really great guild about 3 months ago, it was a Heroic only. At the time this was perfect because I was just getting back into WoW and figured heroic was good enough. The thing is the competitive person me wants to go for mythic and our guild doesn't have enough core raiders and I don't think they want to either way. So now I feel bad to tell them I want to leave and find a guild that progresses mythic raids, when I'm 90% sure we won't.

I feel like doing this makes it feels like I used them, but at the time it's what I wanted from raiding.

Thoughts?
    Who pays your subscription?

You do.

Hence the only person who's opinion matters is you.

If your not happy where you are now. Look for something else.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death