Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This site is so good I'll never use wowprogress again.

Excellent work from all the RaiderIO dudes.

Hey all! I just wanted to hop in and mention that we finally finished the Raider.IO Mythic Plus addon! This addon allows you to quickly see M+ scores in game, and also lets you easily copy a link to a character's Raider.IO profile. Many thanks to the people that helped us beta test over the last week or so, and a HUUUUGE shoutout to Vladinator who did amazing work on the addon itself.

Get more info here! https://raider.io/addon

Deleted
    Wow, that's the worst thing ever... Mythic+ score is one of the worst things the community has ever put together and with this addon it's fucking gearscore all over again.
    Truly shitty

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOcelot View Post
    Wow, that's the worst thing ever... Mythic+ score is one of the worst things the community has ever put together and with this addon it's fucking gearscore all over again.
    Truly shitty
    Spoken like a true person who has never pugged or done anything remotely difficult in this game how is this any differnt then looking someone up on raider.io or wowprog for looking at raid kills for raid pugs hint its not.
    Last edited by Firatha; 2017-10-20 at 09:19 PM.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Gotta find a way to make grouping even shittier
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Truly shitty
    Guessing you don't have any score
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    Spoken like a true person who has never pugged or done anything remotely difficult in this game how is this any differnt then looking someone up on raider.io or wowprog for looking at raid kills for raid pugs hint its not.
    TBF, he isn't wrong, but you aren't wrong either

Such tools are double-edged swords, they can benefit some, but at the same time they fuck over others.
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-10-20 at 09:31 PM.

Deleted
    How to make player made cancer "mechanic" even more toxic...

m+ score have one abyssal flaw when you don't do 1 or 2 instances (because fuck CoEN, Kara and Seat) your score will be lower and hurr durr bring 4563k score groups won't invite you even when you're extremly good at said dungeon...

Never ever in my wow experience I wished blizz would break an addon as I wish they would instantly break this ebola
    (mean no offense to the creator)
    Last edited by mmoc098c331c43; 2017-10-20 at 09:30 PM.

Here, here! I can answer that:

If you check a player on the site - you have one additional piece of information: top score on the dungeon you're looking a player for.
    This information is not present in the addon.

As already has been said, many people do not run the uglier dungeons, signficantly lowering their M+ score.
    With checking the site and their dungeon score, you''re more likely to invite the best player.
    With just relying on M+ Score, you might also get that guy who does every dungeon, but not to the level you're looking for.

The addon actually removes the most important piece of information on the site - the score for a specific dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    Here, here! I can answer that:

If you check a player on the site - you have one additional piece of information: top score on the dungeon you're looking a player for.
    This information is not present in the addon.

As already has been said, many people do not run the uglier dungeons, signficantly lowering their M+ score.
    With checking the site and their dungeon score, you''re more likely to invite the best player.
    With just relying on M+ Score, you might also get that guy who does every dungeon, but not to the level you're looking for.

The addon actually removes the most important piece of information on the site - the score for a specific dungeon.
    You could also miss out on players who have either just started doing M+ or who do it infrequently who are otherwise amazing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Truly shitty
    You the kind of person who will apply to an +15 and not use flask/pots or mass aoe on bursting then complain after dying and leave?
    Getting people with high scores eliminates most those concerns.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    Shitty idea and shitty add-on.

This crap creates chicken/egg situation. Don't have high score? Won't get invited. Won't get invited? Can't get high score. Any such system deserves to burn in add-on hell.

Deleted
    Not sure what the problem is, if you want to get into high keys you probably have a good score anyway.

If you don't have a high score what business do you have in +18?

LOL this is gearscore all over.

Quote Originally Posted by trajandreps View Post
    Not sure what the problem is, if you want to get into high keys you probably have a good score anyway.

If you don't have a high score what business do you have in +18?
    You could have done tons of say arcway and only a couple other dungeons every season because it drops loot you're after and not bother with some of the others - say they don't drop relics or anything useful for your spec/class. You'd be interested in +18 arcway anyway because of the increased number of loot drops in it and the ap because you care for ap. If you had done say a +17 or several this season that would not count much because the overall score would indicate you're a scrub, when you're actually quite knowledgeable of how to play that dungeon. Therefore the way the addon or both websites currently present that information via reducing it to a single number is really unhelpful in many ways to get people together.

When you're making a group for m+ you usually queue your group flagged for a certain dungeon via the blizzard ui (say as "the arcway(mythic keystone)"), so that information is there and available by default. Couldn't an addon extract that and only show the partial score for that dungeon instead or additionally? That would atleast reduce some of the concerns people may have with this addon iteration.
    Last edited by Deiae; 2017-10-21 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    You could also miss out on players who have either just started doing M+ or who do it infrequently who are otherwise amazing.
    You could. But lets be entirely honest here, there's a much higher chance that someone who's just starting out will be a bigger liability. It's the same reason people take people with the highest gear; there's a greater chance that the 945 item level player knows how to play his class and the game, than the 930, because it requires more time/effort to get to 945 than it does 930. Sure, one out of ten times you might get an absolute asswipe who got boosted to 945, and sure, one out of ten times you'll pick some 930 dude up that's amazing at the game and isn't dead weight despite a lower gear level than you'd have liked. Those things do indeed happen. But why people think "you could be passing up some amazing players!" is an actual valid argument for not caring about gear is beyond me. It just isn't logical to go for the thing that has higher odds of your group failing.

Same goes for M+ score.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    You could. But lets be entirely honest here, there's a much higher chance that someone who's just starting out will be a bigger liability.
    Exactly, this is a feature perfect for excluding people and making sure they'll never get to participate in this fun. Just like gearscore.
    This is why the WoW community sucks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Guessing you don't have any score
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    You the kind of person who will apply to an +15 and not use flask/pots or mass aoe on bursting then complain after dying and leave?
    Getting people with high scores eliminates most those concerns.
    Heh, personal attacks, cute. You're all wrong though.

Exactly, this is a feature perfect for excluding people and making sure they'll never get to participate in this fun. Just like gearscore.
    Someone is always excluded, and if the group fills up, someone is always included.

Nothing wrong with it, applicants are getting looked up already. Let's hope people cry hard enough for Blizzard to add proper M+ API so my alts can get scored for their under +15 runs on Monday/Tuesday.

Someone that actually wants to be a part of that community wouldn't take someone with low score themselves, and they'd build up their own score the "hard" way (by doing so in groups that do not bother to check M+, or by going with a group of friends/guildies).

The main issue I have with your viewpoint is that you see it as an "all or nothing" kind of deal. If he wants to participate in the high M+ environment, all he has to do is prove himself. He can get to 2.2K score simply by doing every dungeon on a +15, something you can easily pug without "vetting" people, so all he has to do is go and do that with other people in the same boat as him. Yea, it's gonna suck whenever he gets someone that sucks at the game, but that's the admission price you pay to be let into groups that do even higher stuff, where that shit is far less common. He isn't "banned" from doing high M+ just because he has a low score; He just won't be taken by other people with high score, because they already paid the admission price of having to play with the idiots who genuinely can't go beyond 15.

I hate to admit it but if you're a troll, well done - I get seriously pissed at people that expect others to carry them for no other reason than "BUT EQUALITY". There will always be measures of how good a player is. If a good player in any game is stuck in a low tier of that game, (s)he will quickly rise through the ranks untill they are at an even playing field. WoW is no different. People that thinks "oh but you should take this dude because maybe he's good. He hasn't proven himself yet, but we might be lucky and it's the right thing to do" really seem to get on my nerves, because there's fuck all logic to it.

If you take whichever 4 random people that signs up for your +19 key rather than figuring out if they're good first, then all of the power to you. I just think you're stupid for believing that's how competitive stuff should work. I mean no offense with it, but I cannot comprehend that viewpoint personally.