The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account

Clarification about AP Cap.

I know a recent change has stopped AP being stacked into your artifact when you have ALL 54 traits.
    So, is it now possible to continue stacking AP into an artifact while on 53 traits and have not selected the 54th yet? Or when you reach the amount of AP needed for the 54th, the AP still cannot be stacked?

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    I know a recent change has stopped AP being stacked into your artifact when you have ALL 54 traits.
    So, is it now possible to continue stacking AP into an artifact while on 53 traits and have not selected the 54th yet? Or when you reach the amount of AP needed for the 54th, the AP still cannot be stacked?
    The second option. Guildy tried the 53 point AP stack and once they hit the amount needed for the 54th they could no longer pool it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    The second option. Guildy tried the 53 point AP stack and once they hit the amount needed for the 54th they could no longer pool it in.

Did they lose points from the object they used ? As in: say they were 100k below cap, and used an item to gain 150k AP ... did they go exactly to cap, or did they go to 50k over cap ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Did they lose points from the object they used ? As in: say they were 100k below cap, and used an item to gain 150k AP ... did they go exactly to cap, or did they go to 50k over cap ?
    Really asking the important minmaxxer questions here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Really asking the important minmaxxer questions here.
    Well, without knowing better, I might have been 1 below cap but used a 250k AP item, without thinking I had anything to worry about, and wound up losing 249K

Or, you're worried about losing the spillover... thought you planned to have a certain head start when 7.2 comes around :P

I think there's enough time to fill your inventory with 250k/100k items until 7.2 is released

As many of you have noted, Patch 7.2 will be introducing several new traits to Artifact Weapons. We'd like to clarify how these traits will unlock so that you can best prepare for them.

After Patch 7.2 is available, players who have an Artifact Weapon of at least rank 35 will be able to further empower that Artifact through a short quest chain. Completing this quest chain will consume any ranks beyond 35, increase the overall power of your Artifact Weapon (to ensure that losing ranks 35+ isn’t a downgrade), and unlock access to the new 7.2 traits. Any Artifact Power spent on traits beyond 35 will be refunded and you’ll immediately be able to spend that refunded Artifact Power on the new traits.

Note that any Artifact Power tokens acquired before Patch 7.2 will not be usable on an Artifact Weapon that has had its new traits unlocked. If you’ve already reached Rank 54, feel free to use any tokens you earn between now and then on alternate specs; there is no need to stockpile those tokens for Patch 7.2. We’re also planning to apply a hotfix in the near future that will allow the current Artifact Power tokens to be sold to vendors.

Please feel free to add any feedback, questions or thoughts to this thread.
    This was recently posted by a blue. Seems pretty clear, you wont be banking anything.

Deleted
    you still have the remaining AP pooled then.

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    you still have the remaining AP pooled then.
    If it doesn't vanish, which is what I asked.

Deleted
    If it doesn't vanish, which is what I asked.
    it doesn't vanish

Quote Originally Posted by Cyranis View Post
    This was recently posted by a blue. Seems pretty clear, you wont be banking anything.
    Well. That certainly clears things up. /thread!

I'm kinda curious what they'll do about the people who poured a ton of ap into their weapon before the fixes. IIRC there's a guy with over 100 mil in 1 of his weps for instance. Imagine that affects a small enough number of people that they wouldn't care, or alternatively maybe they just refund a guy like that with the 54 traits worth of ap and then just give him a dead token for the rest that he can vendor for the equivalent of what we would get.

Will be curious to see how it plays out.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    it doesn't vanish
    And you know this from personal experience, or a guildie ?

Deleted
    And you know this from personal experience, or a guildie ?
    I had like 30K missing to my final 54th trait. then I used an 90K AP thingy and I am at 60K AP now.