Impending Doom hotfix

Does anyone know if Impending Doom is now working properly and having Doom tick earlier?

Deleted
    Yes, for weeks already.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloppster View Post
    Yes, for weeks already.
    Yes and No.
    Impending Doom is working correctly.
    However after the Initial doom on a target if you over lap then it goes to 15-16 sec. It stops counting haste properly for the following dooms. This has still not been corrected or acknowledged yet.
    I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $284.81 says know your role.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagemaru View Post
    Yes and No.
    Impending Doom is working correctly.
    However after the Initial doom on a target if you over lap then it goes to 15-16 sec. It stops counting haste properly for the following dooms. This has still not been corrected or acknowledged yet.
    Are you sure? I just hit the target dummy and it seemed to work?

- - - Updated - - -

I also found out something interesting I didn't know, when you doom ticks the imp will spawn on your current target not the mob itself. I also found out that if you are too far away from the one you are targeting the imps will not even spawn.

yes i am sure, cast doom, and put your mouse over the timer then cast Impending Doom and see if it matches what it should be on your UI. Like mine says 12.8 Sec, when I cast the Hand of Gul'Dan, it goes to 15/16 sec everytime. So either they only want it to work on new inital dooms and not the others or there is an issue. I also tried to not have Impending Doom speced and it is basically not counting my haste into the doom like it should. SO I need a blue post to clarify what is exactly going on with it and stop avoiding the issue on it.
    I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $284.81 says know your role.

Deleted
    Nage, but isnt that just the normal buff top over where it might still tick fast, or was it when you first applied doom with HoD? Or when refreshing?

Quote Originally Posted by exeel View Post
    Nage, but isnt that just the normal buff top over where it might still tick fast, or was it when you first applied doom with HoD? Or when refreshing?
    You may be correct on how the changes to the Timers happened since they made that merge. I basically just wanted clarification from Blizzard on if that was the case. because. If i cast a doom and its 12 sec. then cast it at different intervals. like 1 sec left, 4 sec left. 8 sec left. are all of them ticking appropriately. There is no way to tell. I think breaking them up like they kinda did with Unstable affliction would help to keep better tabs on it. it just always had me concerned that it could be delaying my damage and I would have no way to know.

Deleted
    I have 2 parts of set now as demo. Should i cast HoG on 3 shards when doom is about to tick to avoid overcaping shards from 2 set bonus ? or is not worth it ?

I think what you are seeing is the full duration + 1 tick being applied when refreshed.

You can test on a target dummy by timing intervals/ticks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagemaru View Post
    You may be correct on how the changes to the Timers happened since they made that merge. I basically just wanted clarification from Blizzard on if that was the case. because. If i cast a doom and its 12 sec. then cast it at different intervals. like 1 sec left, 4 sec left. 8 sec left. are all of them ticking appropriately. There is no way to tell. I think breaking them up like they kinda did with Unstable affliction would help to keep better tabs on it. it just always had me concerned that it could be delaying my damage and I would have no way to know.
    Well, you could have faith in Blizzard, but I can see why you wouldn't. Players are usually very quick to find stuff like this, and after just testing it myself, doom works fine. The duration of the debuff has nothing to do with the damage, in a way. When you cast doom, you add 100% of the duration of the dot onto the target, for 100% of dooms damage. If doom is already active on your target, it adds up to 100% damage and up to 100% duration. Refreshing dots can't go above 133% of their normal duration (I think, could be 30% or 25%, but something along those lines), so if you cast doom back to back and then wait for it to drop, you are going to see one tick for 100% damage, and another tick for around 25-33% of normal damage.

This is also why everyone tells people to refresh dots when theres around 25% of their duration left. That way you get all of the damage added to the target from your dot, instead of losing out on damage by refreshing it too early (50% duration left + 100% = 150%, and max duration is 130~% so your cast only added 80% of the damage your dot should do) or too late (dot runs off). The reason it works this way is because you would otherwise waste damage if you reapplied a dot before it ran out. I think only affliction had this effect (Pandemic) in Cataclysm, and MoP added it to everyone?
    Last edited by mmoc738030ea5a; 2017-01-29 at 09:23 PM.

Deleted
    But the way imps spawn with this seems kinda buggy .. I was running m+ where I had dots on a pack and ran towards next pack with a new mob targeted and I pulled that pack because suddenly imps would spawn on it.