Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Is this really how you envision a forum?

Ok the guy is fruit loops and is the hot topic right now, but perhaps a temporary post election mega thread might be in order.

I know ultimately that decision falls on the staff, so here is my feedback:

Edit: Not sure if screenshot is loading correctly, but it is 8 Trump threads all piled at the top.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-01-25 at 10:02 PM.

Personally, I think anyone who posts threads about Trump should be forced to help the Mexicans build the wall.

10+ Year Old Account
    We've been saying for weeks that the Trump threads are out of control and that politics should either be banned or put in one megathread per country.

This is barely even a gaming forum anymore.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    We've been saying for weeks that the Trump threads are out of control and that politics should either be banned or put in one megathread per country.

Well I thought general off-topic was for exactly that kind of thing?

Make sure your thread isn't about any of the following subjects, it belongs in the respective forum for that subject and not in this one:
    Fun Stuff
    Computer
    Video Games
    Cinema / TV Shows / Music / Books
    Sports

Political talk in Gen-OT is fine. My suggestion is a temporary one until everyone involved runs out of energy scrambling to post their own unique thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    Well I thought general off-topic was for exactly that kind of thing?

Make sure your thread isn't about any of the following subjects, it belongs in the respective forum for that subject and not in this one:
    Fun Stuff
    Computer
    Video Games
    Cinema / TV Shows / Music / Books
    Sports
    Sure, but the rules could change. Religion is banned, why not ban politics as well - or stifle the waterfall of threads by forcing them into one megathread.

It's not like anyone actually discusses anything civilly and every thread devolves within a few pages into soapboxing and shitposting. Nothing of value would be lost.

Virgin basement dwelling nerds pretending they actually know what they are talking about in regards to politics. Nothing new. Not sure why this is surprising. If you're smart you'll ignore it.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is General Off-Topic, right now the most appropriate place for these kinds of threads. It does seem, though, like MMO-C needs a "Politics" subforum.

But please, not a mega-thread. Mega-threads are horrible. Mega-threads bury any attempt at meaningful conversation in a flood of noise: you try to post a reply to a post, and by the time you hit "send," ten pages have already filled up with an almost unrelated discussion topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    This is General Off-Topic, right now the most appropriate place for these kinds of threads. It does seem, though, like MMO-C needs a "Politics" subforum.

But please, not a mega-thread. Mega-threads are horrible. Mega-threads bury any attempt at meaningful conversation in a flood of noise: you try to post a reply to a post, and by the time you hit "send," ten pages have already filled up with an almost unrelated discussion topic.
    That's not really a big deal though, considering that this is intended to be a gaming forum.

Stemming the tide of political threads wouldn't hurt anything, since nothing of value is said in them anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Yeah it really is annoying to come to my favorite MMO forum site and see nothing but political threads in the active list.
    While not a complete solution, you can uncheck the Gen OT sub forum from filters on main feed.

I agree! 10101010
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    That's not really a big deal though, considering that this is intended to be a gaming forum.
    Gen-OT is not for gaming discussion. There's an entire "Video Games" section for that. The existence of the sub-forum in which we're arguing right now contradicts your assertion.

A highly divisive U.S. presidential election just took place, and President Trump is making a succession of controversial orders ... unless you just avoid the internet, you're not going to be able to stay away from Trump news for quite a while.

Stemming the tide of political threads wouldn't hurt anything, since nothing of value is said in them anyways.
    Because you're the sole person qualified to make that determination, right? If it doesn't interest you, why should anyone else using this site be able to discuss it?

It has been said over and over that moderators are not recommending a mega thread because there's a lot of separate shit happening. If you want to talk about the PERSON you go to the trump mega thread. If you want to talk about the actions you go to the corresponding thread. Stop bitching that people pointing out the shitty things your guy did. And congrats on your closed thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    It has been said over and over that moderators are not recommending a mega thread because there's a lot of separate shit happening. If you want to talk about the PERSON you go to the trump mega thread. If you want to talk about the actions you go to the corresponding thread. Stop bitching that people pointing out the shitty things your guy did. And congrats on your closed thread.
    My guy? Im not a Trump supporter.

By your own logic, if you don't like this thread don't post in it. Thanks for your "bitchy" rant?

Also, I'm not omnipotent, I was not aware of any current moderator statements on this matter. Calm down Francsis.

I'd prefer if the forums were left alone.

I'd concede to a political subforum, so people can filter out political discussions, but politics (esp. American) is what is generally interesting at the moment. There are some threads on foreign politics/decisions; notably some Brexit information and a new German foreign policy.

Unfortunately, with most popular "Off-Topic" stuff already being relegated to their own subforums, politics/social issues dominate General Off-topic.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    My guy? Im not a Trump supporter.

By your own logic, if you don't like this thread don't post in it. Thanks for your "bitchy" rant?

Also, I'm not omnipotent, I was not aware of any current moderator statements on this matter. Calm down Francsis.
    "Not a trump supporter" lol.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...5#post44333305 Last post.

When a dude ... let us call him 'Bob' inserts himself in to literally every aspect of life - from Human Existence down to Netflix and Chill (both halves) - of course Bob will be mentioned a lot.

The problem isn't the forums, the problem his Trump ... maybe he will calm down, or be removed or something, but the fact is that he is shaking the planet to the core on every single topic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    I'd concede to a political subforum, s
    The definition of political varies from one side to the other as well.

Climate change isn't political... it is science.
    Health care isn't political ... is is human rights.

When I grew up - politics was about how to deal with reality, it wasn't about deciding what reality was.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    "Not a trump supporter" lol.
    That is what I said, I mean short of being blunt here and being mistaken for an insult, I'm not really sure how I can take a simple English sentence, "Im not a Trump supporter" and break it down any further for you.

By the way, thanks for taking an otherwise normal thread and trying to start a flame war. In an ironic twist the very thing you came in here to complain about is what you are doing.

Again, take a deep breath.

The amusing part is before the election, his supporters were posting new threads on him every day, and when people wanted that put in a megathread they raised hell over the idea.

A political sub-forum would be ideal, we got ones for sport/fitness, TV/Music, heck even Chat Zone. The trump/political threads alone in OT make more traffic in one day than those other forums get in a day.