Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    3 on the front page when I clicked on this thread, it should be like a giant mega thread or something.

Didn't do it for Obama.

No.

Find it funny that people are, now post-election, asking for a single thread when before they threw a fucking stink about people asking about it before the election.

Must suck that your glorious leader is a giant fuck up that spawns different discussions every day, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    The definition of political varies from one side to the other as well.

Climate change isn't political... it is science.
    Health care isn't political ... is is human rights.

When I grew up - politics was about how to deal with reality, it wasn't about deciding what reality was.
    I'd view a political subforum as a place to discuss politics, elections, and anything relating to the government or the public affairs of a country.

GenOT could then become home to things like science, philosophy, art, societal issues, world events, etc
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    A political sub-forum would be ideal,
    Can't work - pretty much none of the posts currently about Trump are about politics. That's the problem.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Didn't do it for Obama.

No.

Find it funny that people are, now post-election, asking for a single thread when before they threw a fucking stink about people asking about it before the election.

Must suck that your glorious leader is a giant fuck up that spawns different discussions every day, huh?
    Krazy, he's not a trump supporter, duh. He just agrees with everything he does/says and loves to argue that the left is full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    I'd view a political subforum as a place to discuss politics, elections, and anything relating to the government or the public affairs of a country.
    Indeed, meaning almost all the current Trump threads wouldn't be in the political sub forum. Problem not solved.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Indeed, meaning almost all the current Trump threads wouldn't be in the political sub forum. Problem not solved.
    Right you are.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Gen-OT isn't a gaming forum. We have others that are focused on other topics as well.
    Gen-OT isn't a forum at all, it's a subforum.

It's a category within the forum, and it could easily mitigate the amount of Trump threads with very little negative effect other than pissing off the people who want to endlessly troll and spam.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Can't work - pretty much none of the posts currently about Trump are about politics. That's the problem.
    He's the president, so threads about him belong in a political forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Didn't do it for Obama.

No.

I live in Canada, Trump is a retard, and I'm tired of seeing a constant stream of shitposts about him. That's my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Krazy, he's not a trump supporter, duh. He just agrees with everything he does/says and loves to argue that the left is full of shit.
    Edit: didn't read the thread, derp.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Right you are.
    PS: I'm not denying there is a problem by the way, I imagine that many people come here to escape reality and doom and gloom.

Right now - the best option is to use forum filters to turn off Off Topic General for those folk.

Maybe the mods can ease the restrictions on fun stuff a bit to talk about things a little more general.

I don't know what the answer is... but it certainly isn't sweeping everything that mentions Trump into one thread... with his plans on Net Neutrality, that could see WoW latency discussion in there

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol. Went to the main page and this was the only non Trump thread in the "Recent forum posts."

He's the president, so threads about him belong in a political forum.
    The threads are NOT about him, they are about other topics .... like the Internet, Climate Change, Health Care, Nuclear Weapons, Women's Rights.

Contrary to the narcissistic view Trump has - not everything is about Trump. Trump has just got power over everything there is a few days back.

The threads are NOT about him, they are about other topics .... like the Internet, Climate Change, Health Care, Nuclear Weapons, Women's Rights.

Contrary to the narcissistic view Trump has - not everything is about Trump. Trump has just got power over everything there is a few days back.
    They have his name in them so they are about him in someway other wise they should all be locked for being click bait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just make a megatread. Problem fixed. And put some modelator to work, to lock any trump pop-up ones and tell them to use megathread.
    As its stands now its spam.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

They have his name in them so they are about him in someway other wise they should all be locked for being click bait.
    They are about his actions, not him as a person. His actions should be judged individually rather than lumped together.

Deleted
    Honestly I've gotten really tired of Trump threads too. I used to like Gen OT, as, at times, there were cool interesting subjects. But nowadays they just get drowned in the Trump bullshit.

Considering that I, and I'd wager more than half of the forum population, are not USA citizens, all the bullshit Trump does doesn't even interest us as much. Ok, maybe it's wrong to talk in the names of others, it doesn't interest me to hear about Trump.

Judging a book by its cover.... "Trump Launches Nuclear Attack" ... is NOT about Trump, noone cares about Trump ... they care about the Nuclear Attack. However if the reality is that, then that is what the thread is called. It certainly isn't a political thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Just make a megatread. Problem fixed. And put some modelator to work, to lock any trump pop-up ones and tell them to use megathread.
    As its stands now its spam.
    It's not and moderators say they do not want it done that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Personally, I think anyone who posts threads about Trump should be forced to help the Mexicans build the wall.
    But the Mexicans won't build the wall...