Deleted

AMS Cancelling Chronomatic Debuff?

On our progress on Chronomatic Mythic you need to pick up an orb to be able to interupt the cast the boss is casting. However, after picking up the orb our Death Knight used AMS which completly removed the debuff and so the orb which caused us to call a wipe immediatly.

Anyone else that has had this issue and do you think it should work like this?

Was it a Frost DK?

Deleted
    No, Blood Death Knight.

10+ Year Old Account
    THis happened to us, we didn't know what caused it, but our 1 shot attempt on chromatic got messed up by this on the first rift, we got him to 7% with our healers popping everything trying to dps him down, but our DK tank had AMS up when he went to click it, and it just disappeared, and now we know why. and I looked through our logs, and it shows in the inability to cast Temporal Charge on the player, it just casts it on the Rift, which gives the rift the ability and the dot, killing the rift.

So just be careful not to use AMS when picking up the orb.

Rogue Cloak does it also.

Quote Originally Posted by Storeblom View Post
    No, Blood Death Knight.
    Blood DK AMS does not remove magic debuffs, so I cant see it being this.

AMS does seem to work differently in Legion than it did in WoD.

For example, in Nightbane, if you pop AMS just before Ignite Soul wears off, it counts that shield as health and will hit the group accordingly. So if you're at 1% health with a 79% AMS shield, it treats you as having 80% health when it expires (I wiped a group this way before).

Also, last night on our Heroic Star Auger kill, I noticed if you pop AMS just before you get hit with the Comet, you don't receive the Chilled debuff - so you only have to step in two groups to drop it, not 3.