Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigmits View Post
    So the guild I'm currently (only been in it for 2/3 months)in the officers/gms are threatening to kick me from the guild because apparently I slack on trash, admitted I do use that time to reply to /w and texts on my phone/change music/bio break stuff like that but their argument is that if I can't perform on trash I don't deserve to be on the bosses/raid, on bosses I perform as to what is expected of me and in many cases I out perform the other same classes even though they have superior weapon levels etc than me, when I joined they advertised them selves as a social relaxed guild of a few fellow friends that have been playing together for years, progress is what you'd probably expect from an average guild, 2/3 mythic kills in EN and just venturing into Heroic NH. My question to all of this is do they have a fair point to gkick/bench me for not giving 110% performance on trash mobs or are they just being elitist while thinking they are casual?
    You had it coming, dear.

(It's hilarious to read threads like this. "What did I do wrong??? I just <took crap on others>.")

If I were an RL, I'd kick you without thinking twice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    When you're part of a group and you're dragging your ass because you're texting someone or checking your facebook, you kind of have it coming.
    Have to agree with this. Raiding is a group effort whether it's trash or a boss. Pull your weight, you can slack off when you're on a break. Having said that, I do think it's ridiculous to threaten with a gkick because of trash performance. If anything, on trash packs you can cheese the meters easily and it is no reflection of your performance in a boss fight where your focus is all different. Especially if they claim to be a social guild. Social and casual guilds tend to have PUG-like expectations from their members when it comes to raiding, they often demand an ilvl equal to or bigger than what drops in the raid. Imo it shows a lack of raid experience and/or knowledge or simple mistrust of their own raiders capabilities.

EDIT: Let me clarify why "Pull your weight..." on trash packs is not completely irrelevant. To me at least, it falls in the same ballpark as being on time when the invites go out, having flasks/pots/food, knowing your own class well enough and knowing what to expect from the coming encounters. You're part of a group and that group's goal is to clear the raid, or at least kill bosses, get lootz AND have fun doing so. You're wasting everyone's time by slacking, under performing or by being a liability during a non-break time. I can't imagine it being fun for anyone if you're dragging everything out because of that.
    Last edited by Vayshan; 2017-02-06 at 12:06 PM.

Deleted
    Raiding includes trash.

If you want to AFK go back to LFR

So the guild I'm currently (only been in it for 2/3 months)in the officers/gms are threatening to kick me from the guild because apparently I slack on trash, admitted I do use that time to reply to /w and texts on my phone/change music/bio break stuff like that but their argument is that if I can't perform on trash I don't deserve to be on the bosses/raid, on bosses I perform as to what is expected of me and in many cases I out perform the other same classes even though they have superior weapon levels etc than me, when I joined they advertised them selves as a social relaxed guild of a few fellow friends that have been playing together for years, progress is what you'd probably expect from an average guild, 2/3 mythic kills in EN and just venturing into Heroic NH. My question to all of this is do they have a fair point to gkick/bench me for not giving 110% performance on trash mobs or are they just being elitist while thinking they are casual?
    they explicitly said you that "if you cant perform on trash you dont deserver to be on the bosses/raid"

so now you know their rules, if you dont like it leave, no need for this thread.
    It doesnt matter if they are elitist or not, saying that is an attempt of excusse your lazyness. You are making other have to hit more buttons while you on facebook.

- - - Updated - - -

I should elaborate on this, I don't go solid afk during all trash. Its literally 30 secs to go for a bio, to reply to a text (if I have one) I still do my job in trash, do the deeps, blow what cds I can etc
    im pretty sure you are the only one who is being threatened to be gkicked. and yeah, they are not the problem.

Seems a bit excessive to me but their raid, their rules.

If an officer tells you "stop doing X or you will get kicked" and you intentionally continue to do X.. well you're gonna get kicked. Doesn't really matter if you like it/disagree/have people backing you up on some random forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Tenn are you fucking serious? When you join a guild people expect you to actually put effort in and raid. You're lazy.

- - - Updated - - -

This made my day thank you.
    I did say that I put in effort. I've always been top on dps charts and I am usually a top raider in terms of active time/lack of deaths. It seems only right that some leeway could be made so I can get stuff done during trash.

Obviously I'm not sure whether the OP is on the same level as me and whether he is just getting carried. His situation may be different.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I did say that I put in effort. I've always been top on dps charts and I am usually a top raider in terms of active time/lack of deaths. It seems only right that some leeway could be made so I can get stuff done during trash.

Obviously I'm not sure whether the OP is on the same level as me and whether he is just getting carried. His situation may be different.
    You would know if you read the fucking thread instead of reflexively jumping in to defend someone without the facts.

LOL what a way to be kicked. Unless you are totally afk during all trash I don't know how people would even notice.

We had a mage in our guild that was in college and he was easily the top DPS on all our raids from Dragon Soul through Emerald Nightmare. We explicitly allowed him to work on homework during any non-boss engagement. We didn't even require him to run back. But he was the exception, the rest of the group understood the reason and if we needed him on trash, we'd just say so and he wouldn't afk. If someone needs to use the restroom during trash, that's fine, too, just say BIO BRB and you're fine. But everyone should be present for trash it's all a part of the raid, bosses included.
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

Deleted
    he's way past your level, sunshine.