Essence Font - mana cost

Just gearing up my Mistweaver Monk for some hot PvE action and I'm looking at logs to see what my healing spell use needs to be, and I'm seeing that most top Monks have Essence Font as their Top healing spell.

I'm not sure how people are able to cast so many Essence Fonts. The spell costs 88K mana. I cast only a few of them and I already feel like I'm borderline oom. Where are people getting all this mana from to cast that many Essence Fonts that it makes up 35% or so of their healing?

Please help me learn how to improve!

Deleted
    By casting less vivifys you can get more essence fonts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    Just gearing up my Mistweaver Monk for some hot PvE action and I'm looking at logs to see what my healing spell use needs to be, and I'm seeing that most top Monks have Essence Font as their Top healing spell.

I'm not sure how people are able to cast so many Essence Fonts. The spell costs 88K mana. I cast only a few of them and I already feel like I'm borderline oom. Where are people getting all this mana from to cast that many Essence Fonts that it makes up 35% or so of their healing?

Most of EF spam comes in conjunction with mana tea. You time Mana Tea for large bursts of damage, use it, spam EF for the duration. Similar things occur if you receive innervate.

Quote Originally Posted by rizso1985 View Post
    By casting less vivifys you can get more essence fonts.
    What if in a 20 person raid only 3-4 people are taking damage? Do you still cast Essence Font, eat the mana and cast Vivify, or just do nothing and let the other healers do it? Also, if you're casting less Vivify, doesn't that make the T19 bonuses rather useless?

What if in a 20 person raid only 3-4 people are taking damage? Do you still cast Essence Font, eat the mana and cast Vivify, or just do nothing and let the other healers do it? Also, if you're casting less Vivify, doesn't that make the T19 bonuses rather useless?
    Welcome to being a Mistweaver in Legion...

It's almost like the community has been complaining about this design since beta.... /endrant

To work around our poor design and planning, REM on CD. Use a weakaura to tell you what people are within range of your EF (aim for 9-11 targets, imo). Learning to trust your fellow raid/spot healers is important. It's your job is to AoE heal everyone up with EF, single target burst with EM, or cleave heal using Vivify but you can't do it all. Efficient mana usage is the most important skill you'll need to learn as MW.

If 5+ targets are moderately to heavily damaged, Essence Font becomes one of our most efficient spells to use. If 2-3 people are damaged Vivify is the better option. Especially with our 2 and 4 set bonuses in NH, Vivify becomes stronger, as does our mastery (though not enough to make you prioritize it) because the extended duration of the essence font HoT allows for more double gust of wind procs on targets with the HoT on them.

But in general, Essence Font is going to be your go to spell for most fights in NH, because most of the fights are going to have lots of aoe raid damage going on.

I would recommend checking out the Mistweaver discord to find plenty of info on the class, the efficiency of our spells, and trinket/stat weights.

https://discordapp.com/channels/1147...93792648904706

10+ Year Old Account

They probably use it with Mana Tea talent.

I personally use Focused Thunder for the 2 TFT charges and use 1 or 2 of those charges to get off free Vivs since I have 6 points in my +Viv relic trait and 30% boost to it. My healing charge usually has Viv (or if it's a fight like Krosus, Revival) at number one healing ability with ReM and EF 3rd and 4th place.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

The top logs you're seeing are people getting multiple innervates and blessing of wisdom.

Just saying.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    When I started off-healing, I had mana issues a lot. Now not so much anymore. I tweaked my talents to fit my own preferences, to allow mana recovery when dmg intake is relatively low and mana saving healing is possible (hots etc.). So when it's time to spam the fk out of EF, I usually have the mana needed. As long it's not time to spam it, I distribute the TFT-RMs and free heals (tier1, Sheilun's, TFT with the trait, free Vivs, etc.). Worked well enough for me on the guild's fun/alt runs I use it for.
    My points are: better gear and all weapon traits help a ton. The begin of MWing is a pita. Especially compared to faceroll healing classes.

Essence font and vivify both share top healing spell depends on the fight, vivify is higher on spread fights
    It's also worth to mention that essence font is only worth if you use the healing mastery buff and its worth tracking it to maximize healing front healing, the spell cost mana but has very large healing potential

If you have the wrist legendary for example, it's worth using the tea with our hot plus essence font that way youbget tons of healing plus revival cd shorted

The spell is for massive raid damage and shouldn't be used for any other then that, 80% of the healers will be above you in hps fights, people waste mana on dumbs spells, be patience you will nuke them down when they will be oomed just don't waste mana on essence font if you don't get its full potential sometimes vivify better.
    Also for mana tea spell, if group is spread you can 1 essence font and spam vivify wil get you tons of healing