10+ Year Old Account

Unhappy Shadow FPS = DPS Problems - Halp.

Hello guys,

I’m having a “weird” DPS problem atm. Playing on a pretty old Notebook (buying another PC for like 2 months isn’t an option sadly) and I’m struggling on our usual rotation and doing really poor DPS for my item level. Raiding on lowest possible configs at 8-12 FPS. Difference between only Skada/DBM to Elvui+DBM+Skada is so low that I’d keep the last ones.
    Main thing is: Mind Blast and Void Bolt takes forever to cast while I’m channeling Mind Flay. By forever I mean like ticking MF another time + some bar progress before it starts casting. So I’m losing a LOT of casts and damage from those 2 spells.
    Already tried macroing “stopcast” on both, but due to precast (smashing buttons), that didn’t work well.
    Won’t even talk about how bad is to TAB and dot lots of adds, but I can probably live without it. Oh and, S2M is a nonononono. Thank god 7.1.5 made LOTV viable.
    Did some research if there’s some kind of macro that would only stopcast IF channeling but I don’t think WoW allows it.
    So, is there anything I could do? Looking a lot for advices.
    Should try avoiding casting MF if MB/VB is coming available in like 2 secs? Reroll and cry?
    That’s it, sorry for the wall.
    Thanks.
    Violence awaits. You can burn with me in hell. Viva la hate!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, I'm not sure if this still exists. But before you had a "Custom Lag Tolerance" bar in interface options somewhere. It was meant for latency issues though, not frame issues, but if it still exists you could eventually try that at least.

I think it works like if you set it correctly you could queue spells before the previous cast is actually finished. That could obviously lead to you casting mindblast and pressing mind flay to cast it right after, but then change your mind and wants to go for a SW or whatever, which would make you cast mind flay either way.

Best I can come up with straight away though.

Bit off-topic: Playing with useless FPS really kills the game for me..

They removed that option from the interface afaik, but you can use commands to change the value https://www.howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=104&t=9141

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh nice. Was trying to find that Tolerance. Thank you guys. Will try it out tonight. Hope it helps. And @SirreASDF, playing that way makes me sick too, but at least I'm having some fun with friends wiping a lot on Tich HC. I just cant see anything on p2 ROFL
    Last edited by Drugshock; 2017-01-27 at 05:29 PM.

I have the same problem ;-; idk what to do

That sounds more like weird interface lag than an FPS issue, might want to try bringing this up with technical support on the WoW forums. What's your latency normally (not FPS)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    That sounds more like weird interface lag than an FPS issue, might want to try bringing this up with technical support on the WoW forums. What's your latency normally (not FPS)?
    Latency usually 170 ms, FPS = 8 on most fights.

I have the same issue but have narrowed it down to the number of people in the raid. For some reason between 15-20 people I start getting massive FPS drops. This is with nvidia gtx 760 (albeit on Linux with wine 2.0) and a ping between 15 and 45. I can do >400k in m+ but definitely less dps and damage as more people are added to a raid.

I get the same slowdown results in LFR/Xavius with or without a clean interface so I'm pretty sure it's not an addon. You might try the same thing, but rename your directories rather than delete them so you can have your settings back later.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/300544

I've found these addons helpful, possibly you might too?

https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/autolagtolerance

https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/ad...terfaceoptions

Quote Originally Posted by Onyd View Post
    -snip-
    It's certainly no secret that WoW is poorly optimized, I would suspect that at those frame-rates your interface isn't going to be as responsive (though it should be anyway)

I think we're (re?)discovering that the output frames (visual effects, spell cooldowns) and input frames (casting button presses) are the same thing, and if we slow down due to the former we're slowing the latter.

So low dps for the slow of graphics.

(I think Djriff or somebody has pointed this out before, that it's a different game with high latency and low framerate.)