10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly

Returning player questions

1) How's the lag now? I used to only be able to play using WTFast, but now that they're not free, I was wondering if I'd still need them should I decide to return. If so, what other alternatives to WTFast are there? Are they still good, or is anyone better? If I'm going to pay for VPN, I'd like it to be at least good, if not great.

2) How do I re-download ARR and Heavensward? I had to reformat my rig, so I didn't get a chance to copy. I bought them direct from the website, not steam, and I remember using their launcher to download both after I've paid. Is that still the case?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by arisoh View Post
    1) How's the lag now? I used to only be able to play using WTFast, but now that they're not free, I was wondering if I'd still need them should I decide to return. If so, what other alternatives to WTFast are there? Are they still good, or is anyone better? If I'm going to pay for VPN, I'd like it to be at least good, if not great.

2) How do I re-download ARR and Heavensward? I had to reformat my rig, so I didn't get a chance to copy. I bought them direct from the website, not steam, and I remember using their launcher to download both after I've paid. Is that still the case?

Thanks
    I personally haven't needed to use a VPN since... not exactly sure when honestly, probably around the time Shiva Extreme was a thing, but surely before Heavensward released, and I've raided and done Extreme primals quite successfully. If people still have issues now, it's not the FFXIV client or associated services causing it, it's your IP. Just make sure you play on a server that's in your region if you're really worried about latency and high ping.

Here is a link to download the NA game client. If you need a different one, I found this by just doing a quick google search for "FFXIV client"

http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/playersdownload/na/

Dunno where you are playing from but I'm using a 5Mbit connection from Ireland (we have shitty internet over here ) and have no trouble with lag on EU realms.

The lag problems pretty much disappeared when they actually opened EU servers and split the load instead of having 30 odd countries all connect to one in canada.