Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How can H Paladins heal like this?

I heal as a MW for H NH and I'm usually topping the HPS (at about 400k-500k HPS with 25 people in raid), we also have a Resto Sham and H Pally healing and they are usually like 100k-200k HPS behind me on the meters. I showed the H Pally in my guild this video and he could not believe how this guy actually broke 1m HPS and managed to finish a 6m fight at nearly 1m. The best our H Pally has done is maybe 350k HPS, how is it possible for a Pally to do nearly 1m? Is our Pally doing something wrong? Is there a trick he doesn't know about?

As a MW, I honestly don't think it's possible for me to sustain 550k HPS in a 6m fight without going OOM let alone close to 1m (I know my ilvl isn't as high as the Pally, but still 891 isn't too far behind 900). I think the most I've done was about 850k HPS on a M+ Tyrannical, but that was like a 3-4m fight, I popped mana pots and I finished OOM.

"It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

He's using the Aura of Sacrifice talent. I don't play Holy but I know it's much more mechanically challenging than using Devo or Mercy, and in certain situations it can output more HPS than either of the other 2.

Basically what the poster above me said. Aura of sacrifice is crazy good for fights with predictable burst damage phases as long as you know how to use it.

Krosus has quite a few of those with both slam and orb, so you can get really good usage out of sac on that fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Basically what the poster above me said. Aura of sacrifice is crazy good for fights with predictable burst damage phases as long as you know how to use it.

Krosus has quite a few of those with both slam and orb, so you can get really good usage out of sac on that fight.
    So it works in conjunction with Aura Mastery when you see the big damage coming? Also, I'm guessing he has to keep himself healed A LOT if he's using this ability as well as other abilities that take his HP like BoSac and Martyr.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    So it works in conjunction with Aura Mastery when you see the big damage coming? Also, I'm guessing he has to keep himself healed A LOT if he's using this ability as well as other abilities that take his HP like BoSac and Martyr.
    Not quite.

Basically, aura of sac when you pop Aura mastery channels all your effective healing into everyone within the aura. So popping sac with avenging wrath and holy avenger is basically a beefed up tranquility. It's one of the strongest healing CDs in the game if used properly.

So if you pop aura mastery with sac, avenging wrath and holy avenger all at once during the orb on Krosus or slam you can get almost everyone to full in a matter of seconds.

The damage it does to you is negligible so taking the talent won't really harm you. Though having the legendary shoulders will contribute more hps if your taking this talent but not all that much. It stops dealing damage to you when you fall below 75% HP so it's not too dangerous.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2017-01-27 at 10:41 PM.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    discipline priests can hold 1 million hps to its insane and blizzard said healers are well balanced
    resto druid on the prime krosus kill did 950k hps , so yeah.

This is much less about Aura of Sacrifice (though that does play a part) and more about incredibly high damage taken per second and only using three healers. Tagzz is between 800k and 900k HPS before he even uses Aura Mastery.

There's no way you can expect any healer to be near these numbers on a typical raid fight because there's never this kind of raid damage, tank damage, low overhealing, and very little movement or mechanics to deal with. I'm not saying this is easy or Limit's healers didn't play well, just that you shouldn't expect your Holy Paladin to be near this on a normal fight; especially if you aren't raiding in Mythic.

Deleted
    Besides the aforementioned:

-This was a 3-heal kill, so there is more healing available for individual healers as opposed to some of the bosses that take 4 (or even 5) healers
    -There are probably less individually bad players in this raid compared to yours, allowing you to focus on max HPS as opposed to having to spotheal
    -There's a shaman in their 3-heal comp, which is mostly brought for his utility & his ability to smartheal low targets, leaving more HPS for the rdruid/hpala
    -This paladin is probably specced into as much AOE talents as he can to max HPS
    -Besides having 10 ilevel higher, this paladin probably also has a lot better stat optimization, I dunno about paladins but for some classes 1 point of stat a equals 2 points of stat b, so having better optimized pieces helps a lot.
    -These players have 5+ legendaries on most of them by now, so he probably has better legendaries than you as well
    -This fight looks incredibly stationary, allowing for maximizing AOE healing potential (not sure if this applies to paladins as well, but it helps enormously for shamans (esp if you have boots) if everyone is standing still in your healing rain.

Tagzz is also geared out the ass, to note, and 3 heals for what looks like a crazy healing situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamguard View Post
    This is much less about Aura of Sacrifice (though that does play a part) and more about incredibly high damage taken per second and only using three healers. Tagzz is between 800k and 900k HPS before he even uses Aura Mastery.

There's no way you can expect any healer to be near these numbers on a typical raid fight because there's never this kind of raid damage, tank damage, low overhealing, and very little movement or mechanics to deal with. I'm not saying this is easy or Limit's healers didn't play well, just that you shouldn't expect your Holy Paladin to be near this on a normal fight; especially if you aren't raiding in Mythic.
    Forgot to mention the 3 healers thing. This is probably the bigger factor which makes sense. Surprised they used 3 but idk shit about world first comps or anything. Still cool to see.

There's definitely a lot of factors though, but you definitely can't compare a world first raider to a top 200 let alone anything after imo. Wildly different results.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much what has been said before. My biggest Aura of Sac heal was only 25m and that was along time ago when I had much less gear. Speccing into judgement poping wings with it and bombing as much hps as you can. You can see his healing spike when he pops it finally. Even before that his numbers were high.

Using sacrifice comes down to knowing fights. It isn't the greatest when the raid does not take much damage as it only counts effective healing ie no over healing. When the raid was all low hp poping that makes 15% of all healing done by him hit whole raid does not matter where healing comes from as long as its from you(Think health stones proc it don't remember).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Forgot to mention the 3 healers thing. This is probably the bigger factor which makes sense. Surprised they used 3 but idk shit about world first comps or anything. Still cool to see.

There's definitely a lot of factors though, but you definitely can't compare a world first raider to a top 200 let alone anything after imo. Wildly different results.
    I'm guessing they HAD to 3 heal it due do damage check. Even with 3 healers and their DPS doing 700k+ DPS, they still only barely managed to kill boss as they all died from bridge collapse right as they killed him. Guessing this will be a tight DPS check in Mythic.

Guessing they tried with 4 healers and just couldn't make the DPS check.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azsune View Post
    Pretty much what has been said before. My biggest Aura of Sac heal was only 25m and that was along time ago when I had much less gear. Speccing into judgement poping wings with it and bombing as much hps as you can. You can see his healing spike when he pops it finally. Even before that his numbers were high.

Using sacrifice comes down to knowing fights. It isn't the greatest when the raid does not take much damage as it only counts effective healing ie no over healing. When the raid was all low hp poping that makes 15% of all healing done by him hit whole raid does not matter where healing comes from as long as its from you(Think health stones proc it don't remember).
    Yep you can just see the wings being popped and the hps spike.

Our guild hasn't got to it on mythic, but I've been doing 800k HPS on Krosus with 5 healers and considerable overhealing (28-30 person raids).

You mentioned that the highest you've been able to do on a mythic+ boss was 850k. Achieving high numbers in raids is considerably easier. Your raid CDs scale with the number of people in the raid and your healing tends to be much more efficient in large groups. I've been able to get 40-50 million healing per Aura Mastery (Sac) on some fights this expansion. This is astronomical compared to what your raid CDs can do in 5 man content.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Tagzz is also geared out the ass, to note, and 3 heals for what looks like a crazy healing situation.
    he also has the legendary trinket, comboing it with sac seems like it would be nuts.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by hothamandcheese123 View Post
    he also has the legendary trinket, comboing it with sac seems like it would be nuts.jpeg
    Trinket does nothing for AoSac.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Trinket increases your heals by 15% and overhealing (smart) jumps to other targets which I'm guessing also counts as effective healing to be distributed with the aura so it is actually quite good with AoS. It just doesn't interact with the healing done by the aura itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Guessing he is referring to the over healing part of it. I know my MW guildie's HPS got boosted by about 75k HPS on average with that trinket. It's the BiS for MWers and for a lot of healers, I'm guessing.

Deleted
    Would aos still work with Lay of Hand? For that even bigger first tick?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    I'm guessing they HAD to 3 heal it due do damage check. Even with 3 healers and their DPS doing 700k+ DPS, they still only barely managed to kill boss as they all died from bridge collapse right as they killed him. Guessing this will be a tight DPS check in Mythic.

Guessing they tried with 4 healers and just couldn't make the DPS check.
    Yup, he's a friggin' brickwall of a boss.

And i'm saying that as someone with the best attempt being on 9% with 4 healers.
    Thing with him is; If you want to 4-heal it, then you need both:
    - flawless execution of the pitch mechanic (everyone soaks as many as he can)
    - some luck (with the placement of pitches from the above point; the more of them that overlap, the better)

Otherwise you will face the issue with too many adds spawning; which results in you pulling sufficient dps... but that damage actually splits across more targets, resulting in too little DPS on the boss in the end.