Why do you Hunters complain about damage?

Our BM hunters in the guild are doing anywhere from 700K to 800K sustained DPS in Mythic so far. Seems fine to me.

You realize this was after 2 successive buffs and our set bonuses were improved to non-shit tier right? Prior to that, our damage was pathetic, hence we complained, hence we got fixed. Pointless thread is pointless.

Most complaints from hunters have nothing to do with damage and everything to do with how you have to play to do that damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not the damage, it's the game play. They've completely ruined the hunter this expansion.

IF they have roar of the 7 lions or Mantle of command they aren't in the camp that gets to complain.

On that note, BM is one of the most versatile specs, able to have a build with decent aoe and single target at the same time. The rotation is mostly resource management and does a decent job or forcing it.

I'd say hunters are in a good place right now, blizzard mostly needs to fix "dead" talent options and balance out the legendaries a little more, that and realize that dire beasts don't do any damage and fix the 2pc bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by construkt View Post
    Most complaints from hunters have nothing to do with damage and everything to do with how you have to play to do that damage.
    This, not sure why ppl assume damage = gameplay.

Concerning bm, it is certainly not the aoe damage that is the problem, but the rotation, the gamneplay, and single target dps is annoying (focustarving, unintersting rotation)
    The single target dps is why most raiders concider it much worse then mm while raiding.

Damage is still a bit sub-par in terms of some of the other classes for ST but its more of the issue that you need shoulders to fix an extremely flawed aspect of the class and even without them its clunky, but viable

dire frenzy problem will be fixed soon, its confirmed on forums. way of the cobra - dire frenzy - amoc - killer cobra build is decent on st fights. Yet, we need lack of something just fits in rotation. Besides, only thing remains as a problem is making legendary shoulder effect as baseline.

Quote Originally Posted by NoClueWhatToDo View Post
    Our BM hunters in the guild are doing anywhere from 700K to 800K sustained DPS in Mythic so far. Seems fine to me.
    Sure, on fights like Skorpyron that's easy. Should be sustaining over 1 mil DPS on that fight. Just look at logs, and this is looking over the past week to take the recent buffs into account.

Mythic 75th percentile, both BM and MM in the bottom 7 specs https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11#sample=7

Heroic 75th percentile, MM jumps up 2 spots, BM drops 2 spots https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...7&difficulty=4

Both Hunters and Mages have multiple specs in the lower ranks for both Mythic and Heroic. The complaints are completely valid, but the problem with Hunters is our 1 competitive spec is a melee spec now. 99.99999999999999999999% of Hunters didn't roll a Hunter because they enjoy melee. Melee spots in raids are also limited, we had the 3rd new class in a row added to the game with DH's that can only DPS as melee. Making Survival melee at the same time makes the 4th new melee spec added to the game, with no new ranged spec added in all that time.

That's on top of raids favoring being ranged heavy over melee heavy. Tichondrius is a perfect example of a fight that becomes significantly more difficult the less ranged you have. So even if some Hunters don't hate being melee, they don't always have a melee spot available in their raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    IF they have roar of the 7 lions or Mantle of command they aren't in the camp that gets to complain.

On that note, BM is one of the most versatile specs, able to have a build with decent aoe and single target at the same time. The rotation is mostly resource management and does a decent job or forcing it.

I'd say hunters are in a good place right now, blizzard mostly needs to fix "dead" talent options and balance out the legendaries a little more, that and realize that dire beasts don't do any damage and fix the 2pc bonus.
    Being Focus starved, the issue that the shoulders fix, is the biggest problem with BM right now. They have over a minute of downtime on a 5 minute fight. Running a default single target sim with my gear, it averages to 75.5 seconds of "waiting" time. Even the class trinket, which gives us about 2 extra Aspect of the Wild casts per fight, only cuts that down to 68.9 seconds of "waiting" on average for 5 minute fights. That's over 20% of the fight waiting to cast something.

As for the 2pc bonus, there is a Blue Post somewhere saying they are working on a fix so it works with Dire Frenzy. No indication of when we will see that though.
    Last edited by Slicer299; 2017-01-29 at 02:29 AM.

why are you so slow? 2 weeks of buffs, plus 2 set and 4 set were fixed (for bm)

We've had 2 rounds of buffs since most of the complaints and many of the complaints were about pure single target damage. This single target problem isn't really an issue on most nightfold bosses because there are lots of cleave opportunities in nighthold which cover it up.

Also a large proportion of complaints were about playstyle... Mainly the changes to marksman and how terrible the vulnerable debuff mechanic was after the changes along with spamming arcane shota multiple times in a row for focus (an issue which has been adressed to some extent but in my opinion still doesn't play well).

Certainly legendaries (shoulder for example) and the tier set also benefit BM a lot. If you have them you will do well. If you don't there are still some issues on pure single target.

I could ask the same question about fire mages... I see lots of threads about them being bottom but we have a fire mage in our guild who is regularly competing near the top on most fights and who absolutely slays in mythic dungeons. I've also watched some streams of a few mythic nighthold bosses lately (including some top guilds fighting star augur mythic) who had 2 mages (not sure of spec) in their top 3 damage dealers.