Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Needs to be verified please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, his twitter account was shut down, so he's most likely a park ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Yeah, all of that fits. His insistence on inauguration numbers being the largest ever, the 3-5 million voter fraud that cost him the popular vote, the attacking of everyone that criticizes him, etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    As crazy as any rumors floating around.
    Gotta believe em all, just like we believed every crazy Hillary rumor eh?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Gotta believe em all, just like we believed every crazy Hillary rumor eh?
    I think random twitter account has about as much credibility as Trump.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    The irony of people that parroted the phrase fake news wanting this to be true.
    I seriously doubt this is true at all, but of course it's funny how every person who believed every Hillary rumor is like "FAKE".
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I seriously doubt this is true at all, but of course it's funny how every person who believed every Hillary rumor is like "FAKE".
    You're talking to the person on record calling the email scandal Benghazi 2.0.

Meanwhile, fake news and unverified/fake hate crimes actually jumped up.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    If Pence were to replace Trump would he be able to get rid of the freak show that is the cabinet? Better Republicans in there than alt-right crazies and people that bought their position.
    That's a good question. I think so, but like with Trump his picks would be subject to congressional approval. That being said, it's good to keep in mind that Pence is a part of the religious right, so I wouldn't hold out hope that his picks would be much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala
    Nah, Trump is worse.
    While it seems to have gone largely unremarked, he is also a borderline cult member.

White is also the personal minister to Donald Trump, and will chair the Evangelical Advisory Board in his Presidential administration. She became the first woman to pray at a presidential inauguration on January 20, 2017, delivering the invocation
    Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paula_White

Since I don't want to derail into an explicit discussion of religion that would go against forum rules, I'll try to stay focused on Trump and why his involvement with White concerns me. For background on the belief system she represents -- which I would term a cult rather than religion -- here are a couple of links:

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/...uguration.html
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...stream-heresy/

From the latter:
    Like her mentor, T. D. Jakes, White adheres closely to the Word of Faith teachings. Besides throwing out doctrines like the Trinity and confusing ourselves with God, the movement teaches that Jesus went to the cross not to bring forgiveness of our sins but to get us out of financial debt, not to reconcile us to God but to give us the power to claim our prosperity, not to remove the curse of death, injustice and bondage to ourselves but to give us our best life now. White says emphatically that Jesus is “not the only begotten Son of God,” just the first. We’re all divine and have the power to speak worlds into existence.

So if you’re still a wreck, that’s your fault. Negative thinking. You’re the creator, so why not be a successful one? White puts it this way in a television TBN program: “There is creative power in your mouth right now. God spoke and created the universe; you have creative power to speak life and death! If you believe God, you can create anything in your life.”
    Take the text in bold and mix that in with the NPD speculation. I don't see that as a good combination.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    That's a good question. I think so, but like with Trump his picks would be subject to congressional approval. That being said, it's good to keep in mind that Pence is a part of the religious right, so I wouldn't hold out hope that his picks would be much better.
    Based on logic of the proud Trump Opposition Front, they'll remain the same as Trump is just as establishment as all other Republicans.

oh look, CNN is tweeting again!

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    oh look, CNN is tweeting again!
    Oh look, announced making shit up again.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    After this first week I think we can safely say he's narcissistic, egotistical, autocratic, and a megalomaniac, but I wouldn't call him insane. He knows exactly what he's doing.

Trump is indeed insane according to the leaks from his aides. Here's a compilation:
    The president is a 70-year-old child whose TV time must be closely monitored — because any news story that upsets his ego will trigger a temper tantrum followed by irrational demands that his indulgent, overwhelmed guardians will be helpless to refuse.

Or so Donald Trump’s aides keep confiding to the nearest available reporter.

On Sunday, one of the president’s confidantes told Politico that his staffers have to “control information that may infuriate him,” a task made difficult by the fact that the leader of the free world “gets bored and likes to watch TV.”

That same day, some Trump aides provided the New York Times with a portrait of the president as a moody adolescent.

Mr. Trump grew increasingly angry on Inauguration Day after reading a series of Twitter messages pointing out that the size of his inaugural crowd did not rival that of Mr. Obama’s in 2009. But he spent his Friday night in a whirlwind of celebration and affirmation. When he awoke on Saturday morning, after his first night in the Executive Mansion, the glow was gone, several people close to him said, and the new president was filled anew with a sense of injury.

“The lack of discipline troubled even senior members of Mr. Trump’s circle,” the paper wrote, “some of whom had urged him not to indulge his simmering resentment at what he saw as unfair news coverage.”

And then, on Monday night, Trump’s staffers whispered an even more vivid account of his rough weekend to the Washington Post.

President Trump had just returned to the White House on Saturday from his final inauguration event, a tranquil interfaith prayer service, when the flashes of anger began to build.

Trump turned on the television to see a jarring juxtaposition — massive demonstrations around the globe protesting his day-old presidency and footage of the sparser crowd at his inauguration, with large patches of white empty space on the Mall. As his press secretary, Sean Spicer, was still unpacking boxes in his spacious new West Wing office, Trump grew increasingly and visibly enraged…Over the objections of his aides and advisers — who urged him to focus on policy and the broader goals of his presidency — the new president issued a decree: He wanted a fiery public response, and he wanted it to come from his press secretary.

The Post’s story is chock-full of remarkable details. To list just a few:

1. After forcing Spicer to baldly lie to the White House press corps about the size of his inauguration crowd, the president fumed that his press secretary’s performance was “not forceful enough.” According to Axios, Trump was also incensed by Spicer’s poor taste in suits, and is already considering treating the former RNC staffer to his signature catchphrase.

2. Trump already “feels demoralized that the public’s perception of his presidency so far does not necessarily align with his own sense of accomplishment.”

3. Some Trump aides think Kellyanne Conway is trying to undermine Spicer so as to steal his job.

4. Jared Kushner tried to prevent Conway from being invited into the White House at all, because he viewed her “as a possible threat to his role as Trump’s chief consigliere.”

5. https://twitter.com/jonathanchait/st...24332740476929

Ultimately, though, the most astounding sentence in the Post’s write-up might be the following:

This account of Trump’s tumultuous first days in office comes from interviews with nearly a dozen senior White House officials and other Trump advisers and confidants, some of whom spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe private conversations and moments.

Nearly a dozen of Trump’s closest confidantes helped plant an embarrassing news story about how their boss can’t handle embarrassing news stories. Which is to say: A president who prizes loyalty in his subordinates has already been betrayed by a huge swath of his inner circle.

It isn’t hard to understand why Trump’s aides would want to distance themselves from the mogul’s decision to begin his presidency by shouting self-aggrandizing delusions at CIA employees, congressional leaders, and the Fourth Estate. But we aren’t in the late days of a losing campaign, when it’s normal for advisers to start leaking dirt on the boss to save their reputations. We’re less than four full days into the Trump presidency, with (barring death, impeachment, resignation, or coup) at least 1,461 to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Some Trump aides think Kellyanne Conway is trying to undermine Spicer so as to steal his job.
    I've seen this before. I still don't believe it. Conway is smart and tactically gifted, but she can struggle in interviews. Her talents would be wasted as a press secretary when she could be an aide and strategist. Surely she knows this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Please, this isn't even unverified stuff. The credentials of the person posting are unverified -- the claims themselves are not even leaks. I don't even know if the person handling that twitter know what a leak is.

This is just a guy eating Doritos and trolling because he gets some attention.

Trump was swore in for a lot of reasons. Far-right, evangelical-right, pissed-off Bernie supporters, disgruntled democrats, anarchists and a lot more.

Each have their reasons. It's unrelated to fake news, as much as some like to blame it on that.

This, however, is fake news. It's made up.
    Verified = fired or even labeled as treason, so idk why you'd want that for another person/
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    "An anonymous Republican White House staffer"

Really? Cmon...

Is this faker even from the US this time, or also tweeting from a foreign account? (last time it was from the UK)

Hmmm, looking over the tweets here:

http://imgur.com/a/TSrPJ#pmpiRrL

Nothing really stands out as dubious, but by the same token it could all have been gleaned from publicly available information or extrapolated from Trump's... "character" and the likely morale of staffers dealing with him.

So *shrug*, could be a fake account or could be real.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I've seen this before. I still don't believe it. Conway is smart and tactically gifted, but she can struggle in interviews. Her talents would be wasted as a press secretary when she could be an aide and strategist. Surely she knows this.
    She is also a backstabbing weasel who isn't afraid to go to any lengths to ensure that the interests of her and/or her faction are looked after. Remember when she threw a very public tantrum when he was allegedly considering Romney for Secretary of State?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    After this first week I think we can safely say he's narcissistic, egotistical, autocratic, and a megalomaniac, but I wouldn't call him insane. He knows exactly what he's doing.
    I agree with everything except the last sentence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    The irony of people that parroted the phrase fake news wanting this to be true.
    The irony of people who view Twitter as their primary news source wanting this to be fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Robert Reich (Berkeley prof and labor secretary with the Clinton administration) wrote on his Facebook wall that a high-up Republican source told him that the general consensus is that Trump is insane...but they like Pence, who is bread and butter Republican, and so there is already talks of pushing out Trump in favor of Pence.

Also...I am confused as to how Republicans were not able to figure out the fact that Trump has serious issues before his taking office. That level of cognitive dissonance is impressive.
    He's not insane, at worst he's a big 5 year old.

Republicans compared Trump and Hillary and went with Trump. 1. he was the Republican candidate 2. Hillary had lots of issues too.

Also you have to remember that he saw the path to the Whitehouse where no one else did, and not only that, he took the risk which was considerable. What I mean is he might surprise us yet.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland