Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Dude, I made a correction in the typing and when I went to "save" the edit the entire post vanished. Sorry to have offended you by my having edited my comment and there having been a glitch in the system. Hope you get over it.

I just scrolled back and all of a sudden the two prior attempts to edit have finally appeared. I've no idea what's up with the "save" editing feature.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-03-29 at 04:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Will Trion view bot this video?! Find out in a few days!

First 2 comments are silver and gold.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-03-29 at 06:57 PM.

These two must be brothers :P
    https://youtu.be/ddTS-bEWTYw
    https://youtu.be/lQyl4MryCcA

https://youtu.be/J38qhKLthZs Deeper voiced cousin

Trailer was very mediocre, but I didn't hate it.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Deleted
    Does anyone still play Rift?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Subzane View Post
    Does anyone still play Rift?
    So original. Rolls eyes.

Of course people still play Rift.
    Last edited by mmoc7b079b1116; 2017-03-31 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wackywoo View Post
    So original. Rolls eyes.

Of course people still play Rift.
    are you sure? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    The next raid for Rift, a rehash of Rise of the Phoenix is now up and running on the PTS (Public Test Shard) for testing, entrance portal for this Intrepid version of RoTP is in Stonefield next to the original one.

A vendor is also nearby with the latest Raid gear and Relic fragments to get you all geared up.

So it wasn't even being tested before 4.1? Could have used the PTS for testing it before 4.1.

Meh still won't come back for an upscale of RotP. They waited too long before releasing the first progression raid imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    They waited too long before releasing the first progression raid imo.
    lol.. progression... right...

IRotP went on PTS just a few days ago so I think only a handfull of people got to try it out till now.
    Since I just joined this forum I can't post links but go and check "OFFICIAL: Intrepid Rise of the Phoenix" thread on Rift forums, 2nd reply:
    "aaaaaand 8 manning Silgen with no priests is fun." -Boase

I think that says it all...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinisha92 View Post
    IRotP went on PTS just a few days ago so I think only a handfull of people got to try it out till now.
    Since I just joined this forum I can't post links but go and check "OFFICIAL: Intrepid Rise of the Phoenix" thread on Rift forums, 2nd reply:
    "aaaaaand 8 manning Silgen with no priests is fun." -Boase

I think that says it all...
    There's the link: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5302598

Yes, it's on PTS so it's beta, but even Slipmat is kind of despondent about it. His comment sums up his frustration and probably screams the loudest at the devs:
    "This unfortunately sounds very disappointing, TD part 2 i guess "

(couldn't find the frown smiley)

Car Crash TV - what amuses me is that this an upscale of an old 10 man raid.

~ all the assets are there.
    ~ all the mechanics are there - they (should) just need tweaking.

Yes, we're talking about an existing, functional, complete 10 man raid, that is over 6 months after release of a new expansion that was unexpectantly up-scaled as a "progression raid" now just appearing on the Public Test Shard.

Rift's apparent "B" team of devs STILL can't get it right.

Rift Dev's team looking at that old code written by more experienced team now seem to be like monkeys trying to use power tools.

/popcorn
    Last edited by theWocky; 2017-04-21 at 09:33 AM.

I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt given that the stuff is fresh on the PTS...but that screenshot of the boss being 8 manned is pretty funny. How is it that undertuned? I get that they likely haven't spent the past 6 months working on it but...c'mon, it's an upscaled existing raid. They've literally only got to adjust values and maybe make a few other tweaks if they want to change up any mechanics (not sure if there are even any mechanical changes or otherwise, coming)

Also, hot damn has stat inflation hit Rift hard. 400K health on tanks and 1B health on 10 man bosses? I know they've never had the smoothest curve, always trending towards a more exponential increase in stats, but I really dislike that approach. Ludicrously big numbers seem to be attractive to a lot of folks (or at least devs seem to think so), but there's nothing that's a bigger turnoff for me. It takes all the fun out of actually seeing big numbers pop up from time to time : /

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Also, hot damn has stat inflation hit Rift hard. 400K health on tanks and 1B health on 10 man bosses? I know they've never had the smoothest curve, always trending towards a more exponential increase in stats, but I really dislike that approach. Ludicrously big numbers seem to be attractive to a lot of folks (or at least devs seem to think so), but there's nothing that's a bigger turnoff for me. It takes all the fun out of actually seeing big numbers pop up from time to time : /
    Exponential growth shouldn't be a new thing for anyone that has played Blizzard games previously. WoW has this same issue and even the item squish didn't help it. Diablo is a game that's built upon the whole concept of exponential and additive growth.

So the best way is to just ignore the numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Yep, and I hated the exponential stat growth in WoW over the years (and again in the first expansion following their "stat squish" UGH) and in D3 straight out of the gate.

I will usually do my best to ignore numbers, I turned them off entirely in D3 because they just annoyed me, but in a MMO like WoW or Rift that shit is important to me because it helps me gauge my performance in groups. Also, keeping track of my/enemy HP more closely than is necessary in ARPG's.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt given that the stuff is fresh on the PTS...but that screenshot of the boss being 8 manned is pretty funny. How is it that undertuned? I get that they likely haven't spent the past 6 months working on it but...c'mon, it's an upscaled existing raid. They've literally only got to adjust values and maybe make a few other tweaks if they want to change up any mechanics (not sure if there are even any mechanical changes or otherwise, coming)
    /
    nope zero mechanical changes. but its hard to balance when the class balance is all over the place. last raid they werent even taking parses.

but with no changes it trivializes a lot of stuff. silgens huge aoe mechanic where you need the priest is irrelevent in the current meta as a chlro can solo heal it, not something a chlro could ever hope to do back then. theres a bard spec doing as much aoe heals as a full healer and can now cleanse as well. back then most groups ran with a pyrochloro who's whole purpose was to to cleanse. hell you can even have most tanks pick up a cleanse for that fight now.

Really hoping they make mechanical changes/adjustments while it's on the PTS...but with how SFP has gone so far, I full expect to go live without any new/updated mechanics, and ludicrously unbalanced so as to trivialize the whole raid : /

I want to be optimistic...but I just can't bring myself to muster up any optimism for the game anymore.

i mean its already on the pts as it used to be, any changes would have been announced. they've had more than plenty of time to update an old raid, not even anything big just small changes and nothing has, so anything this late aint gonna happen.

Tbh it's kinda sad seeing what this game has become. 5 months going on 6 for a raid that is a pure upscale. Genuinely feel sorry for progression raiders if Rift even has any left.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-04-22 at 04:27 AM.

Deleted
    I think a lot of palyers are still hoping for changes to it before release, especially harder tuning. One thing I noticed from what screenshot is that as far as raiding gos Rift is already kinda screwed. Silgen was 8 maned with a bi more than 1,1 bil hp. The max hp ceeling for rift is a bit over 2,1 bil hp, aka singed 32 bit intiger max number. This was already seen as a problem with Xarth event where bosses went over that number due to scaling and reset to 1 hp, but that was fixed. So as far as i know all bosses in open world max out at that number. Which also means that a 20 man raid is already impossible to make or upscale as there will have to be other ways implemented to deal with it. The gear increase is simply too huge and had already grown out of controll.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can all relax, looks like iRoTP wouldn't be quite the faceroll TD is

More changes are coming to the fights, a few tweaks upwards, the Priests weren't even spawning on General Silgen and his tether was only a tickle which explains my "concerns" about testers 8-manning it.

Updates: 4/25

There is a pending PTS update but noting these changes now.

- Fixed the issue where bosses were not regenerating their HP fast enough while out of combat.
    - Volcanic Eruption has had the HP reduced by around 40%.
    - High Priest Arakhurn's Nova ability is much more deadly and properly increases damage taken per tick.
    - Slow Burn and Lava Burst during Arakhurn's encounter now deals significantly more damage.
    - Spawns of Arakhurn have had their HP increased by 25%.

Known issues:

- Tether doing minimal damage during the Silgen encounter.
    - Priests not spawning during the Silgen encounter.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...e-phoenix.html

Also it seems the first boss will have a DPS check of every DPS doing over 800k DPS each, that's going to be.......'fun' what with current balance changes coming to a lot of souls.