My Winter Wvern 7.0 Guide

So I've been making quite a few friends from diverse cultures lately and they know who I am on here, so I have to be more careful now since I'm runnin' outta minorities to blame for my political DOTA fails.

With that out of the way, I give you:

WINTER WYVERN

Auroth (what a name) has four abilities. We'll be going into a detailed breakerdown of each:

- Splinter Blast: Useful for pushing the lane and exposing your carry to ganks
    - Cold Embrace: Perfect way to set up an invoker sunstrike
    - Winter's Curse: Grant the enemy team immunity to damage for 3.25/4/4.75 seconds
    - Arctic Burn

I pissed away all of my budget on images and nice GIFs, so that's all for now. A good point of discussion for later will be: was the ultimate rework really a nerf?

- - - Updated - - -

Pick Winter Wyvern VS
    WW is excellent against physical damage dealers that tend to go all in on their target, potentially tower diving them. This includes:

• Lifestealer
    • Lycan
    • Phantom Assassin
    • Troll Warlord
    • Clinkz
    • Ursa

Splinter Blast is excellent against illusion and clone heroes, so we can add Meepo and Chaos Knight to that list as well.
    Last edited by Hotmail; 2017-01-31 at 04:36 AM.

Once again, I am speechless.

I thought we had agreed that you would stop making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by InconspicuousShill View Post
    I thought we had agreed that you would stop making these threads?
    Look, dude, I don't know who you are - but someone has to keep this forum alive. It's basically just me, a handful of lolis, and that godamn shark who's too busy gorging himself on australian chocolate to budge a fin!

Welcome to the club, though.

Quote Originally Posted by 6k MMR Lolicon View Post
    So... any news?
    I lost 200mmr =/

This hero sucks frosty balls, and even moreso in 7.0 I feel. She poses no real threat outside of big team fights/pushes, and Chris Rock Burn has a very long cooldown unless you max it first.

Quote Originally Posted by Comfort Zone View Post
    I lost 200mmr =/

This hero sucks frosty balls, and even moreso in 7.0 I feel. She poses no real threat outside of big team fights/pushes, and Chris Rock Burn has a very long cooldown unless you max it first.

You have to play WW as a core (mid) or offensive dual laner, not a position 5 support. See this:

Hard to showcase a build when both of your side lanes absolutely demolish the other team and go beyond godlike without your help. And the enemy actually has a bristleback on their team (current absolute worst hero in dota). I will say it shows a pretty important aspect of supporting, though, that you need to tailoring your picks around the enemy team. KotL and Lich were both perfect picks for this game, and the same would go for WW when you play her as a support. Either predict what the enemy will send to the offlane and counterpick that or guess which hero will have the most impact late game and counterpick that. Of course, since this patch is plagued with cancer heroes like slark ember and tinker most of the time you will be trying to find a way to counter these heroes game after game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Hard to showcase a build when both of your side lanes absolutely demolish the other team and go beyond godlike without your help. And the enemy actually has a bristleback on their team (current absolute worst hero in dota). I will say it shows a pretty important aspect of supporting, though, that you need to tailoring your picks around the enemy team. KotL and Lich were both perfect picks for this game, and the same would go for WW when you play her as a support. Either predict what the enemy will send to the offlane and counterpick that or guess which hero will have the most impact late game and counterpick that. Of course, since this patch is plagued with cancer heroes like slark ember and tinker most of the time you will be trying to find a way to counter these heroes game after game.

How dare you besmirch the good name of Miracle?! Those sidelanes were won in no small part because the enemy Outworld Devourer was so thoroughly stomped by Winter Wyvern that he never had the opportunity, or farm, to pressure the other lanes.

Now, now ladies - there is no need to fight. Lysah is an authority on all things DOTA around here, so I'd trust her perception and judgment on the matter. Besides, these videos tend to be made for spectacle and are not meant to be viewed as tutorials so much as they are meant to reinforce the cult of personality around some of the better players out there.

I updated the OP with a list of Heroes that are considered to be soft-countered by Winter Wyvern.

You can add slark to the list, all you have to do is use your heal on him when he uses his ultimate and you've basically ruined his entire game. You might lose 25 mmr for it but you will go to sleep satisfied that you did your part to cure slark cancer

Quote Originally Posted by 6k MMR Lolicon View Post
    How dare you besmirch the good name of Miracle?! Those sidelanes were won in no small part because the enemy Outworld Devourer was so thoroughly stomped by Winter Wyvern that he never had the opportunity, or farm, to pressure the other lanes.
    Didn't even notice if that was who it was, explains why the overall control was good but the last hitting was atrocious, WW overestimates how much damage his auto attacks will deal a large portion of the time, too used to playing heroes with twice WW's damage XD

Anyway, OD mids don't roam silly, OD wants minimum lance treads before he leaves mid, maybe a full pike or atos as well, which means an OD is unlikely to join team fights before 15 minutes or so unless he has an amazing combo with astral (like hook or arrow etc) and without rewatching the video as I recall slark and weaver were already like 14-0 combined at that point lel. I mean, it's not like WW can take the tower with her pitiful damage, so OD was free to gank any time he wanted really, he would just rather farm mid like basically all OD players everywhere.

I can see WW mid being decent if only because the QW spam is really hard to deal with for most heroes, she has more practical range than anyone in the game, but I'd love to see her go up against a TA.

Edit:
    Also, WW forgot to spam ping his allies and cry about wards when he got ganked, 0/10
    Last edited by Lysah; 2017-01-31 at 08:29 AM.

Excellent guide. I can see in my games that it has proliferated the scene.

Why the video can't be watched again?