Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by regii View Post
    I've been trying to run some m+ at varying levels(5-11) and I sit around for 15+ minutes without a single dps applying. Getting groups for the desired dungeons used to be easy now I can't put together any sort of group for a cos 11. What the heck happened?
    A big part is because last week was a very easy m+ week, everyone has burnt themselves out a bit and this week, and likely next a lot less people will be running m+, after it should go back to normal.

Also, CoS 11 on teeming fortified skittish.. lel. Not a fun one bl.

Also NH came out, so all the top players who are usually all over that stuff are doing normal/heroics/mythic raid in their downtime and want a break.

Aswell as a lot of people recently hittin 55.

Claims above that people don't do it cause the gear in it isn't worth it anymore is lul worthy. Considering a lot of BiS trinkets, relics, and 2pc items are all from m+.

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    yeah a friend of mine doing nothing but NH pugs. She cleared normal and heroic (not guldan) completely. In pugs ! With ilvl 890 tier sets and 900+ trinkets etc. etc.
    m+ is completely shit right now if you are not super lucky
    That's pretty much what i am doing, my guild is not really raiding now so i am left to pug. We do m+ one day a week where we try and get through as many guildies keystones, but never pug them any more and those are never opened up to pugs.

M+ IMO has never been worth the time aside from the farm of AP and legendary, my 4th alt got a couple of m+10 upgrades but he is 20 ilvls under my main, who has zero m+ pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    This. I'm in no rush to torture myself by joining a pug for the hardest affix week.
    Thats another problem, not planning on doing anything over a 9 this week just because i would rather raid than have that noise.
    Demo is fine... play better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allenseiei View Post
    What you are saying about RNG is the same every expansion since the introduction of the bonus roll token. Has nothing to do with legion design.

On Topic, people who already have their weapons at 54 AP usually only go for a mythic 15 run to get the cache at the end of the week or are still hunting down legendaries.
    legion has legendaries and relics with traits. its actually quite different if one does think a bit instead of just going on the forums and like to argue.

I'm at the point where getting an upgrade from anything below M12 is so little that I can't be bothered to do it. I personally much rather run NH HC/N once a week now and get at least something useful - but this has diminishing returns as well, obviously, so I don't know, guess I won't do anything after a couple of weeks. Running content for some super RNG upgrades is not my preferred way to spend my leisure time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allenseiei View Post
    What you are saying about RNG is the same every expansion since the introduction of the bonus roll token. Has nothing to do with legion design.
    There's a huge difference between a) you can get something between 10 ilvls (it was actually even less) and it's a nice bonus and if you keep on running the content (that had a weekly lock!) you will probably get all/most of the upgrades at some point AND b) you can get something that is ~70 ilvls higher than your normal drops + anything in between and the chance that you will get the highest ilvl in all your slots (despite the content having no locks essentially) is pretty much zero.
    Last edited by Mlz; 2017-01-28 at 05:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

Probably a combination of this week's shitty affixes (Teeming skittish fortified I think?) and people approaching or reaching 54 points and losing the motivation to grind more AP. With Nighthold out, that too would put a dent in the number of people pugging m+ because they all want to pug the new raid for tier and such.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Teeming/skittish/fortified weeks always drop off a bit.
    This is the main culprit.

10+ Year Old Account
    that is blizzards fault.

People who run a lot of mythics+ don't need AP anymore. They have atleast one, if not multiple weapons, at 54 and since the loot is inferior to tier set nighthold and the odds of getting something ultra titanforged is incredibly low, people don't have the motivation anymore.

There are still a lot of m+ groups, but I see it at my mates. They can't be really arsed anymore.

Blizzard would need to increase the loot by about 10 ilvl throughout the board and introduce some new trinkets or rings with equip effects or something.

The chances of getting really good loot from m+ is laughable. Doing NH, even on normal and heroic, is much more rewarding, especially with the tier sets and trinkets.
    Yeah we totally need to increase the item level across the board so even the low lvl netflix capable M+ can reward 890's thanks to WF/TF
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Not really, you can get really good gear from weekly chest after m+ buff (up to ilvl 900). Normal gear from NH is not that good if you are already around 890ilvl and sometimes its not even worth to change the gear for 2 pc normal set.
    The op specifically said 5-11. I will not run anything sub 10 anymore unless im super bored or doing it for friend/guildie. I will not carry as i have 111mil ap and dont give 2 shits about demo or destro spec, which arent exsctly low either (almost have the 49 needed in demo for new trists). I get my 15 within the first 2hrs i log in on tuesday, and outside of that all im really trying to do is up my wowprogress m+ ranking, which can only be done with higher and higher keys. Also the odds of titanforging an 885 to something i could use (im 896) is a lot better if it drops as 880 or 885 than as 850 or even 870. 25g for ap is a slap in the face and i just have no reason to waste my time. Let those behind me in ger and ap carry, but im no longer interested in it.

i open my lfd tsb, i type in 15, and i scout groups who either have or are pushing bigger keys. If i dont get s group, i do something else. As with most policies in games, or in life, the "poor" are the ones that suffer. Those that need the help arent getting it because i have no insentive to give it.

7+ Year Old Account
    legion has legendaries and relics with traits. its actually quite different if one does think a bit instead of just going on the forums and like to argue.
    But you only mentioned the tier sets and trinkets in your comment. That is what I quoted, if you included legendaries then I would have nothing to say. Relics with traits are the substitute of weapons with decent stats. Ilevel of relic = ilvl of weapon, and traits = secondary stats.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post

There's a huge difference between a) you can get something between 10 ilvls (it was actually even less) and it's a nice bonus and if you keep on running the content (that had a weekly lock!) you will probably get all/most of the upgrades at some point AND b) you can get something that is ~70 ilvls higher than your normal drops + anything in between and the chance that you will get the highest ilvl in all your slots (despite the content having no locks essentially) is pretty much zero.
    We were by no means talking about 70 ilvl differneces in gear. The post I quoted clearly stated "getting 2º tier bonus and trinkets", not 70 ilvl increase in items.
    Last edited by Allenseiei; 2017-01-28 at 05:59 PM.

Everyone that felt required to farm m+ for 54 in their specs have already done so.

Quote Originally Posted by Divax View Post
    Mostly because people are doing nh the m+ gf is rather slow atm. Eventually people will get to their alts and start doing m+'s again.
    Yep, I run more M+ on my alt than on my main these days.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    I'm at the point where getting an upgrade from anything below M12 is so little that I can't be bothered to do it. I personally much rather run NH HC/N once a week now and get at least something useful - but this has diminishing returns as well, obviously, so I don't know, guess I won't do anything after a couple of weeks. Running content for some super RNG upgrades is not my preferred way to spend my leisure time.

- - - Updated - - -

This is my other problem with m+. Theres good gear from every dungeon but nothing that scream "i ned thst chest!" So much i will only run dungeon X for it, so most of my runs revolved around relics that were bis. Ive run around 400 m+s and ive seen the relics drop, for me and others, but never high enough ilvl that its worth swapping, unlike say a Sin rogue. The chances of getting the gear i need is so slim compared to the amount of ap i have that the cost/beneft just isnt there to run anything under 13s now. I can guarantee an 875-885 drop, and at 885 i could side grade a relic for the better trait, but it also means that most any war or titan forge has an actual shot of getting used, not sharded. Everything lower though is a waste of time, and im not gonna bother pushing peoples keys who either wont get the right dungeon, or wont take me if they do get it in a higher key, or whom arent geared enough anyway.

its very rare to find a group thst will take a 10 up throuh a 15 or 16 without someone leaving, or the key holder "having to go", so it means i might as well just keep track of the LFD queues and try to snipe my way in with showing a huge ilvl because my odds of getting the upgrade arent really any different but the effort i have to put in is less. And i actually really like doing dungeons, but id probably rather know there is nothing i could get from any, than that im going to get trolled because it didnt titanforge and then get ap that cendors for 25g and makes me feel like a cheap whore, when i could have just carried a heroic satchel to make 2k gold on my tank alt.

Quote Originally Posted by shyguybman View Post
    This is the main culprit.
    Nah I'm having no trouble with the affixes. AP cap is the main culprit, imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Nah I'm having no trouble with the affixes. AP cap is the main culprit, imho.
    What AP cap? Everyone at 54 traits on all their weapons now?

Yeah seemed like they were more argumentative in tone than was called for. Must have been a nerve.

I agree it's the same, but different. TF and legendaries add a new level of RNG to the mix, but getting drops in raids has always been RNG. Nice thing about running with guild mates is that even when you don't get loot, some of your team mates do. And eventually our luck will turn. So I try to base my satisfaction on team progress instead of personal. Some days I'm better at that than others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoClueWhatToDo View Post
    What AP cap? Everyone at 54 traits on all their weapons now?
    The players anchoring a lot of those M+ runs have 54 in the weapons they care about. M+ hasn't died, just settled down, as a lot of the frequent carry groups have moved on to other things.

M+ continues to be my favorite part of the game, btw. Faster pace than raiding, and even tighter teamwork in a 5-man. I love it. But I understand why players run it less when they don't see progress for their toon that way.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Teeming/skittish/fortified weeks always drop off a bit.
    Was just coming in to say this very thing. This hurts it a lot this week.

Deleted
    Remember those guys you turned away because they didn't meet the silly requirements?....

Also more and more people are hitting 54 traits in their MS at least and losing the will to grind the hell out of them.

I've just been getting my 15 done then finished with M+. Even though I really want my good legendaries..

I personally hate pugging m+, I could have done way more than I have now but I prefer to do mine in guild but hardly anyone does them or theres "cliques"

10+ Year Old Account
    Forced content!!!! Look at that people opting out. Its almost like that content was never really forced in the first place and other content can provide rewards are par or better than raiding and people can still choose not to do it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stravs View Post
    Remember those guys you turned away because they didn't meet the silly requirements?....
    Ive run into this on my alts and its fuckingstupid. People demand absurd ilvk for mythic 3 or 4. It was easier playing tank or healer but if youre a dps, a melee dps, a demon hunter might as well go fuck yourself.