Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish

I'm wondering if its possible to track the number of enemy targets near your selected target that are within 10 yards of it, and if so - How?

I know from seeing other WA's its possible to track the amount of targets within a range on yourself but I'm useless with the custom strings!

I know from seeing other WA's its possible to track the amount of targets within a range on yourself
    It is?

You can't reference npc's without them being an actual unit, an actual unit being "target", "focus", "mouseover", "boss1", "raid2target", etc...

That said, what I think you're thinking about is a WA that tells you how many targets you hit with, say, "Whirlwind" or "Arcane Explosion". To my knowledge, what you're asking is impossible.

You can't track range as far as I know.

You can use custom functions to count nameplates, and as such count the number of enemies or friendlies around you.

When we track range to enemies, we need use "isspellinrange(spellname, unit)". So, I don't think it's quite possible to do what you want. But I'm not an expert on custom lua.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Quote Originally Posted by Quibble View Post
    You can't track range as far as I know.

You can use custom functions to count nameplates, and as such count the number of enemies or friendlies around you.

When we track range to enemies, we need use "isspellinrange(spellname, unit)". So, I don't think it's quite possible to do what you want. But I'm not an expert on custom lua.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but they broke that functionality, thus the massive number of complaints about that GridBar or whatever it was addon being broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Xundir View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but they broke that functionality, thus the massive number of complaints about that GridBar or whatever it was addon being broken.
    You mean "Isspellinrange"? No, that works just fine. They broke being able to target stuff through grid I believe.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

I've had to settle for making a WA which tracks the amount of enemy nameplates that I can use Pick Pocket on (so within ~10 yards of me) and use this instead, it's not ideal but it gives me a rough readout of targets that should get hit by the on use effect of the trinket.

TIL nameplate# is a valid unit. I don't think it makes OP's problem solvable, but definitely nice to know.