Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post

dont know if i want pizza or taco bell but a loaded potato griller sounds a fucken 1 right now
    Do they have the combination fast food shit where you are? Like, one building, but it's Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, and KFC all in one? Do it! Get a Baja Blast too!

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    Isnt Walmart made in China, how is it listed as an american company when all of their shitty products say made in China?
    They have over 2,400 stores in Mexico. It is Mexico largest private sector employer also.

And DHL is a division of a German logistics company, lol. Guess research takes time away from their faux outrage.
    As a warrior, one of our most crucial tasks is... protection. We are the shield of the Horde, and we keep our weaker brethren safe. If you are to join in our ranks, then you must prove your mettle to me. -Veteran Uzzek

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    What. Go look at who owns Walmart bud. It ain't the chinese
    90% sure it was a corny joke

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    They have over 2,400 stores in Mexico. It is Mexico largest private sector employer also.
    Funny (or sadly) enough, in many states, Wal-Mart is the largest employer by a single company

Deleted
    Well, first of all, i dont think it is right to answer nationalism with nationalism.

That said, i will continue to watch american movies and play american computer games.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    No, they're pissed because Trump is trying to start a trade war to force Mexico to pay for the stupid wall that won't do fuck.
    It's already being paid for. The money that the US government was giving to Mexico to keep the drug cartels down is going to pay for it, since most of it was going into the pockets of corrupt Mexican politicians, rather than actually trying to fight crime.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was on Mexico's side on the tariff but...Mexico for years now has been charging US imports with a 16% VAT tax to Mexico (thereby not violating NAFTA since they don't call it a tariff) while charging 0% on exports. So call it a tariff, VAT, border adjustment, or whatever...but Mexico has been charging the US 16% while the they have been paying 0%. So knowing that information, I'm all for at least a reciprocal 16% tax, if not more to make up for the years of imbalance.

Additionally, just from a personal standpoint I know quite a few Hispanic Americans that are aggressively pro-Trump and voted for him. So part of me is enjoying sitting back now and getting a kick out of their regret.

Either way, a trade war will hit Mexico way, way, harder than it would hit the US. The US has many other trade partners and can support overseas trade much easier than Mexico can, with poor countries to the south. Losing the masses of manufacturing that went to Mexico from the US would impact far more than a handful of Mexican fast food locations selling a bit less.

LOL. Mexico needs us way more than we need Mexico.

And nothing of value was lost. Is the brown syrup soda (and others of it's kind) even that popular down there? Considering the heat I could think about other, less sticky drinks, to refresh myself with. In the same category brown piss and various degrees of milk and papyrus burgers :P.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-01-29 at 01:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    And nothing of value was lost. Is the brown syrup soda (and others of it's kind) even that popular down there? Considering the heat I could think about other, less sticky drinks, to refresh myself with.
    Coke is, but their version of it is much superior to American HFCS version.

RIP Cane sugar version of Coke, we didnt deserve you.

#ThanksTrump

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Serenity View Post
    Coke is, but their version of it is much superior to American HFCS version.

RIP Cane sugar version of Coke, we didnt deserve you.

#ThanksTrump
    Now I have to wonder if we have American version, the Mexican one or another alltogether here in Germany.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now I have to wonder if we have American version, the Mexican one or another alltogether here in Germany.
    I can't speak for Germany, but Italy, Greece and Poland have the Mexican sugar cane version, and not the American Diabeetus Syrup version.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I can't speak for Germany, but Italy, Greece and Poland have the Mexican sugar cane version, and not the American Diabeetus Syrup version.
    I guess we'd have the same then. Not a huge fan of that already..

This is just Twitter drama.

The real trade war will come in the form of counter tariffs and trade deals.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    LOL. Mexico needs us way more than we need Mexico.
    You have a $50 billion trade deficit with Mexico, and trade with Mexico supports over 1 million US jobs. So I wouldn't be so sure of that if I were you.

https://ustr.gov/countries-regions/americas/mexico
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

American one is corn syrup. Everyone else gets cane sugar.

America puts corn syrup in everything because the government gives massive subsidies to corn farmers.

I'm pretty sure the EU doesn't allow foods with that much corn syrup in them because it's so much worse than just regular old sugar.

Give them 2-3 more months and when every single american factory leaves Mexico because of the new tax, the whole country loose 90% of its export and they go bankrupt then the #WEBEGYOUCOCACOLA hashtag will trend

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    Give them 2-3 more months and when every single american factory leaves Mexico because of the new tax, the whole country loose 90% of its export and they go bankrupt then the #WEBEGYOUCOCACOLA hashtag will trend
    How would that be a win for the US? Mexico is one of our biggest export markets and our 2 top GDP states, California and Texas, have huge amounts of trade with Mexico. Thousands of jobs will be lost and the economy will hurt.

Not really a win. Especially since it'd all be over a stupid fucking wall that is nothing more than a monument to Trump's ego.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    I was on Mexico's side on the tariff but...Mexico for years now has been charging US imports with a 16% VAT tax to Mexico (thereby not violating NAFTA since they don't call it a tariff) while charging 0% on exports. So call it a tariff, VAT, border adjustment, or whatever...but Mexico has been charging the US 16% while the they have been paying 0%. So knowing that information, I'm all for at least a reciprocal 16% tax, if not more to make up for the years of imbalance.
    But what happens if you put a 16% tariff on goods imported from Mexico?

The tariff gets passed on to the consumer, so Americans pay 16% more for those goods. I assume that's why the trade tariffs to Mexico were removed - because you import considerably more than you export.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    Careful Mexico, or you might soon get a dose of freedumb!
    It does seem to be contagious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Just look where it's made on the label. Anyway, the primary difference is that Mexican coca-cola uses real sugar, while the US version uses HFCS (although they are test marketing real sugar versions).

Also, coca-cola does taste somewhat different around the world. I've had it in France, Italy, Thailand, Japan, all somewhat different.

Hell, even within the US, coca-cola tastes different (and better) from McDonald's than it does from other food places. It has to do with how the syrup, water, and CO2 are mixed.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.