Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Low ilvl players and PvP WQ

Not counting Black Rook Rumble..

When doing the PvP WQ that flag you for PvP.
    I always mind my own buisness, because I do not find it fun to kill someone with 20-50 ilvl lower than me.. There is just no challenge.

But there is always someone with way lower ilvl (I'm 888 btw), that comes around and start attacking.. And I just don't get why.

Until I am attacked by a player, I leave them alone.. As soon as they start attacking, well that changes the equation and I'm sure as hell gonna kill them if they get close..

But I don't understand why they even attack me in the first place.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

prolly bots or just people on auto pilot doing there extra fun legion daily quests ™
    Hi Sephurik

15+ Year Old Account
    I've had that happen a few times myself. It is especially fun when someone who does solely pvp attacks me, considering I am a raider and have pve trinkets. Not too long ago there was this DK that started to whack on me out of the blue during one of those FFA WQs, I think it was the murloc one. I wasn't paying too much attention to the game so he got me down to like 50% hp where I tabbed back into the game. Even then I just stood there turning towards him until he got me to 20% hp. At which point I just blinked, popped draenei regen trait, used my wriggling sinew trinket and unloaded on him with instant casts and combustion up. All I had to do was wait for his AMS to go away before using my last spell to proc the sinew trinket and he just flopped over.. Attacking someone with a "Raider" rank in a guild is probably the silliest thing one can do in wpvp atm.

In the 4 zones that are completely open pvp I rarely attack my own faction and only do if they attack first. Now thanks to trinket procs and other things like that people do get clipped by each other from time to time, but it is easy enough to see hostile intent if their is some. In most zones people will just tag a mob or set of mobs and keep leap frogging each other that way so neither cleave each other down. Luckily all these zones are incredibly easy to deal with mobs so I don't use any cds or hard hitting abilities and I keep resources pooled as people approach.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by .Nensec View Post
    I've had that happen a few times myself. It is especially fun when someone who does solely pvp attacks me, considering I am a raider and have pve trinkets. Not too long ago there was this DK that started to whack on me out of the blue during one of those FFA WQs, I think it was the murloc one. I wasn't paying too much attention to the game so he got me down to like 50% hp where I tabbed back into the game. Even then I just stood there turning towards him until he got me to 20% hp. At which point I just blinked, popped draenei regen trait, used my wriggling sinew trinket and unloaded on him with instant casts and combustion up. All I had to do was wait for his AMS to go away before using my last spell to proc the sinew trinket and he just flopped over.. Attacking someone with a "Raider" rank in a guild is probably the silliest thing one can do in wpvp atm.
    The best with pve trinkets is the dragba cave. With the beserking buff you can easily 1 shot a lot of people with a trinket proc.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Because you get bigger % per player killed. And it's somewhat fresh, to kill people, not scripted npcs.

Nearly killed a few during Murloc Freedom without trying.
    As affliction warlock with Soul Flame artifact trait, didn't even need seed when someone else rushed right into the middle of a mass pull AoE.
    Took something like 80% of their health, but I simply let them go about their business as they and others were leaving me alone at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

What bugs me is the people who cry when you kill them, even if they're a new 110. Killing players for those quests gives so much more credit than NPCs. So I usually kill as many players as I can to finish it faster but then they ignore-whisper me for PvPing in a PvP world quest.

Was doing the arena in Highmountain, an enhance shaman tried to kill me 3 times. After the 3rd time he said "dh op", I tell him I have 1m more hp than him, its like people don't even check.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got attacked by three baby 110s while doing Darkbrul Arena.. I was forced to drop Sindragosa on them. I don't initiate but I will certainly retaliate while doing the FFA quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingerie View Post
    Because you get bigger % per player killed. And it's somewhat fresh, to kill people, not scripted npcs.
    Sure.. But you should pick your battles.

I leave them alone because they would have zero chance to kill me.. I could have just gone for them from the start, but I would rather let them kill NPC's so they can actually finish their quest. So why would they attack? They have absolutly no chance of ever getting me down.
    Them attacking is beyond stupid.

I was just doing the murlock one.

I arrive and a hunter, druid and a dk starts attacking me.. I wipe them out.
    They ress and go back and attack me, I wipe them out.

Now they start fleeing from me, but at this point, screw them. So I follow and wipe them out.

I had over 1m more health than the best geared of them. So why attack.

While I was following them, I was attacked by another 2 players. These I kinda understand, because it might have looked like I was just targeting low ilvl players.

Just ended up killing those 2 aswell. Was done by this time, never even got to attack any NPC's this time, because those 3 original players gave me a very good excuse to kill them.
    Last edited by Quibble; 2017-01-29 at 05:03 PM.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoria View Post
    Was doing the arena in Highmountain, an enhance shaman tried to kill me 3 times. After the 3rd time he said "dh op", I tell him I have 1m more hp than him, its like people don't even check.
    Default UI doesn't show HPs on players. Quite a few people never bother changing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Quibble View Post
    Sure.. But you should pick your battles.
    There is no way to tell the ilvl in most cases: by default bars show only % of health, people like to transmog their gear etc. As person with ilvl 890+ I don't mind this kind of world pvp :3 I almost never start fight first, but I fight back and also if I see someone being attacked, I'll help them to resist the aggressor.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingerie View Post
    There is no way to tell the ilvl in most cases: by default bars show only % of health
    Wait.. default UI can't show the actual numbers?

I forget a lot shit I take for granted comes from addons.. But thought the default UI atleast could show actual numbers, and not just %.
    Last edited by Quibble; 2017-01-29 at 05:17 PM.

Deleted
    I've got that feather thing from the Birdosaurus mount rep faction that I'll use once I'm finished on the WQ and don't care if I die. Wouldn't be surprised if other people were trying to rack up a few kills with the feather here and there.

That said, it's pretty easy to tell if they've got that active since they go all ghostly and get wings - most of the trouble I see doing WQ's is from Ret paladins that seem to just revel in the fact that they're broken as hell in pvp. Even rogues seem to be able to get along with other people, but more than half the ret paladins I see in those areas are starting fights or ramming people off the edge of mountains with a goat.

"I will fight with honor!", I guess.
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2017-01-29 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quibble View Post
    Wait.. default UI can't show the actual numbers?
    It can, but it's not the default option, plus it's weirdly labelled in the interface settings as |status text", so I assume many of casual players don't see actual values, only in %.

so I assume many of casual players don't see actual values, only in %.
    I find it very hard to believe, that people wouldn't at some point think "this % only is damn annoying, better go google if you can change it"..

But anyway, only seing % sound like a likly explanation for why they attack me and other people with 1m more health.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I suffer from the opposite problem. As someone who only does WQ, my ilvl on most of my characters doesn't exceed 860.

I am constantly attacked by opposition players with way more health than me so I know they are high ilvl. It is always a Demon Hunter.

I cannot comprehend the mindset. Maybe because they normalized instanced PvP they still need to think they have a big dick and beat up the lesser geared.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanthanum View Post
    I suffer from the opposite problem. As someone who only does WQ, my ilvl on most of my characters doesn't exceed 860.

I am constantly attacked by opposition players with way more health than me so I know they are high ilvl. It is always a Demon Hunter.

I cannot comprehend the mindset. Maybe because they normalized instanced PvP they still need to think they have a big dick and beat up the lesser geared.
    For the exact reason you're showing here. You get angry, that's why people do it.

That's what ganking has and always will be about.

if its red its dead, those wq take to long anyway, just kill them all.
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

It's faster to kill people than to kill mobs at the likes of Bareback Brawl. That's why I kill people. People rage I tell them to stop fucking doing PvP Quests. Morons. Only thing that annoys me is the tanks, they always try and they always do nothing but be an annoyance.