Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    this allmost reminds me of the group that was running
    2/4/4
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

First time we killed it I was on my Warrior, so when boss enraged I taunted the boss and used Die by the sword for a 8 second 100% parry chance. Gave us enough time to kill it :P
    Second time we had no issue with killing it within the enrage timer, as on our first kill we used bloodlust after the first night phase and not the second wich makes all the difference.
    So if you're struggeling with it I would suggest using BL/Hero after the second night phase when everyone has the buff.

Deleted
    Tank bloods on boss

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Can the range handle the nightborne and inquisitor adds solo? If yes then use the BoP strategy and just let the melee go ham.
    Could you explain the bop strategy?
    I guess you bop the tank so the bloods can't hit the tank and don't heal? So you can tank them on the boss?

Are you doing 2 bloods before moving, our first attempts we died to enrage but after swapping and doing this we managed to beat him easy.

Additionally do you have a windwalker or brm monk? Statue can work well to hold the elf adds when they spawn for a while to wait for the second set of bloods

Quote Originally Posted by hyperio View Post
    Are you doing 2 bloods before moving, our first attempts we died to enrage but after swapping and doing this we managed to beat him easy.

Additionally do you have a windwalker or brm monk? Statue can work well to hold the elf adds when they spawn for a while to wait for the second set of bloods
    Dave is much better for P2. Just taunt him on CD and the bats will gather around you. That and 2-3 aoe dps and you'll get more than enough orbs.

What we do about bloods (and other adds, on heroic), we have 2 mobile melee dps go (dh and WW) following the adds, as our ranges can't handle them without us.
    Then in 3rd P1, we kill the first set of adds (including the Inquisitor) and then just nuke the boss (which usually is around 15% by that time).

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    You have at least one healer too many for that fight, and are you making sure everyone gets the orb buff from every night phase?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    2/4/9 is retarded basically. Ideally you should run with 1 healer per group of 5 players, 4 healers is overkill for 15 people.

The biggest problem on Tich is people allocating DPS really badly. You don't need everybody to kill the bloods, just have people who do good DPS kill them. You can do funky things, at least on the pull of getting 2 sets of bloods before taking them out, which will naturally increase DPS.

Lastly the bat phase. Have everybody stack in the middle. Yeah it sucks for a lot casters, but the ones that can DPS while moving and your melee should be able to carry bat DPS anyway. Having bats all over the place means bats don't die. Also contrary to popular belief (at least in pugs) don't give it to healers first, give to your DPS so you can kill bats faster. Killing bats faster means you get more orbs, and essentially your entire raid can have orbs. Pop lust when you come out of the first or second bat phase, and nuke the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    My guild is having trouble with Tichondrius. 2-4-9 comp. We might be able to 2-3-10 it, but did the math and that person would have to pull 450k+ DPS to down him. Which we don't have.

What happens is we hit the enrage timer with around 15-20% left and can't finish the encounter. Every DPS is over 300k which is enough to down Star Augur. 80% of the raid is getting orbs. We don't know what we are doing wrong.

Read something about BoP the Blood tank and just cleave. Which we are going to try this week on Tuesday, but outside of this; is there anything else we can do without having to rinse repeat until we overgear it?
    Moving on from obvious solution of getting better dps, prepots etc.. there are a bunch of things you can do to make sure you are doing high dps

- get rid of 2-4-9 > its for pugs with bad healers or with no communication between healers. go 2-3-9/10 or 2-4-12

- Make sure every single dps gets a buff in transition, and that you let you highest cleave/burst dps get it first to blow up more bats for more buffs

- move bloods out 2 stacks at a time to maximize uptime on the boss. Also gives you time to cleave the first pack of adds to see if you can kill them.

- make sure your melee dps knows to hide behind the closest spike on void phase so they can keep dosing the boss from behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    No. Normal Krosis requires more than that even, unless you're talking about getting him dead right as hes casting the last slam or something.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...osus-dps-check
    Someone did the math. 339k for hc, unless his last slam is earlier than 6 minutes.

You call your Ox statue "Dave"?
    Every Monk does that. I don't know where it comes from, but it's faster than writing "black ox statue"

Just sounds like your dps is a bit low, keep in mind for future bosses, that 2/4/9 is bad for this boss, but might not be for later bosses. On Gul'dan that would be a perfectly fine comp (For heroic)

You call your Ox statue "Dave"?
    Yep. The ox statue's name is Dave.

It blows my mind that anyone actually runs a 2/4/9 comp.

Deleted
    Just let DPS to take orbs in midphase and pop BL after you are out and zerg boss.

are u having problem in normal? lmao