Deleted

Resto shaman BIS list

Heya people,

I am looking for your oppinion in regards til our BIS list this tier. The only one i can find is the WoWhead one. My issue is that i am running with the legendary hands. What would you guys suggest?

Deleted
    the legendary hands is one of the best legendaries. Especially combined with our 4-set. I think the best tier-pieces are head, chest,back and legs

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd agree with the guy above. Legendary hands as one of the legendary and then using head, chest, cloak and legs for 4 set. Offpiece shoulders.
    My twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/durbem I stream my guild's mythic raids, but I'm also streaming other games from time to time.

My general BiS list, in order:
    1) Gloves & Trinket
    2) Legs, Ring or Boots (Ring for RT build with occasional CH, Boots for group heal focus, legs really keep you alive & feed into CBT)
    3) Neck
    4) Helm
    5) Ring (the generic one)
    6) Bracers or Belt (too weak in stats & effect)

Why does Sense of Urgency Artifact skill not bring Legendary Helm up above the others? I figured it would be a pretty big boost doing 25% increased healing for almost another 45 seconds in a raid fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Guran View Post
    My general BiS list, in order:
    1) Gloves & Trinket
    2) Legs, Ring or Boots (Ring for RT build with occasional CH, Boots for group heal focus, legs really keep you alive & feed into CBT)
    3) Neck
    4) Helm
    5) Ring (the generic one)
    6) Bracers or Belt (too weak in stats & effect)
    I mostly agree.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dtere1 View Post
    Why does Sense of Urgency Artifact skill not bring Legendary Helm up above the others? I figured it would be a pretty big boost doing 25% increased healing for almost another 45 seconds in a raid fight.
    It really depends on the fight, so it can be more useful on some and almost useless on others. Whereas the ones above it are consistently strong and used throughout the majority of a fight.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

If you consider 30 seconds "almost another 45 seconds", sure
    The problem is that those 30 extra seconds are not always during times you need it.
    Most guilds will lust at the start of the fight, where not a whole lot of damage is going out yet.
    Some boss fights also lust at the end (Ursoc for example) so you won't even get 30s of lust in the fight extra, as the boss will be dead.
    That's why I placeed it under the neck, as that is always effective.

1,2,3 are ring, legs and neck. everything else is way behind. But gloves would be 4th due to their 4piece synergy.

- - - Updated - - -

as a general rule, random throughput procs are not what healers want as there is no guarantee it will be of any use when it does proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jynus View Post
    1,2,3 are ring, legs and neck. everything else is way behind. But gloves would be 4th due to their 4piece synergy.
    This guy is correct. Almost all top nighthold parses are using jonat's for actual throughput and prydaz or roots to cheese the meters. The gloves are ok and pretty much everything else is meh. The trinket is ok if you play cloudburst and are good with lining it up, but that's pretty difficult to pull off consistently.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FrustratedTX View Post
    This guy is correct. Almost all top nighthold parses are using jonat's for actual throughput and prydaz or roots to cheese the meters. The gloves are ok and pretty much everything else is meh. The trinket is ok if you play cloudburst and are good with lining it up, but that's pretty difficult to pull off consistently.
    One could also make a case for the boots. They are however highly situational and range from really good to completely useless.

Sorry for "hijacking".

I had the Gloves for ages and then got the Trinket when 7.1.5 came out... yesterday I got the boots. Really wondering which 2 Legendaries I should use now.
    A big issue for me is that I do not really have great trinkets, my ilvl would drop a bit. I do have 875 flask of solemn night and 875 ephemeral paradox (and 835/840 dungeon trinkets like naglfar and spine). I do have 880 boots though.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/eu/characte...pthrill/simple

Would it still be better to drop the trinkets and use the Legendary boots instead?

@avoidconfusion
    This largely depends on your group size I'ld say. For smaller groups, the gloves are generally better (HST is in essence a single target heal) while the boots are best for larger groups, where you're sure enough people will be standing in Healing Rain to always have it up anyway. If you're running in a group of 15 people or less, I would probably go for the trinket & gloves, while for larger groups I'ld grab the boots and either Gloves + AG or go trinket + Deluge, depending on what your healing style is.
    Overall, the Trinket + Boots are a nice AoE burst, but the gloves + trinket (to 'replace' AG) are the most diverse. Gloves with 4p will pretty much guarantee HST up all the time, while the trinket can be used for smaller peaks in healing, regardless of tactics.
    Gloves + Boots seems like an unsynergetic combo.

Thanks much appreciated!

The timing of most Hero's/Lust is at the beginning of fights or points in which the healing mechanics are low. Even on Guldan the healing intensity of the Hero phase is not very high.

Prydaz is a god-tier neck imo. The pure weight of stats combined with a scaling shield that is worth 7-8% of total healing is obscene. It's not there to "cheese meters" as someone so eloquently put it. It's absorbing damage that would normally have to be healed and can even be considered a mini cheat death if you f-up. That and the fact it refreshes on a timer means you're rarely without it.
    Mine currently absorbs 780k and that shield gets better with every gear upgrade and every artifact trait you collect. When you're running a +10 or higher keystone, just having this yourself makes life so much easier. Got pounced by a raging, fortified cat in DHT +13? Grats, you didnt get one shot.

I'm lucky enough to have Prydaz, Jonat's and Sephuz as my 3 legendaries. Prydaz + Jonats for raiding, Prydaz + Sephuz for M+
    Only other legendary I would consider using is maybe the trinket simply because raw throughput is never bad and when the raid really needs a series of big chain heals, I don't want to be casting 2-3 healing waves/surges in between for a small boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Guran View Post
    If you consider 30 seconds "almost another 45 seconds", sure
    The problem is that those 30 extra seconds are not always during times you need it.
    Most guilds will lust at the start of the fight, where not a whole lot of damage is going out yet.
    Some boss fights also lust at the end (Ursoc for example) so you won't even get 30s of lust in the fight extra, as the boss will be dead.
    That's why I placeed it under the neck, as that is always effective.
    Thanks for the info... appreciate it! On certain bosses, we can make the case that the helm is pretty good, but off the top of my head... the only decent NH boss is Botanist or Star.

Thanks for the info... appreciate it! On certain bosses, we can make the case that the helm is pretty good, but off the top of my head... the only decent NH boss is Botanist or Star.
    We actually have the group setup in heroic to nuke the Anomaly during his first phase transition, so helm helps there as well for the extra boost at the end. I would potentially add Gul'Dan (Danny?) to that list, if your last phase lasts long enough. But that's still 4/10 bosses if you try to find a reason to use it, which isn't enough for what amounts to the equivalent of 7-8s of healing. That's half of what Ascendance is worth.