Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Based on the situation in EU when we had these a couple of weeks backs you'll be glad to run anything you can find a tank for.

Go from being scared of pulling threat off tank and dying to being scared of the tank dying and getting all the threat to then die.

Maw of Souls becomes aids even as a paladin during that week. Enraged CC immune soulkeepers are a fucking nightmare to deal with if you don't burst them down hard. Lust is more worth on the miniboss than it is on Helya aswell, since necrotic stacks so fast while fighting him.

Raging Necrotic Fortified would have scared me when we started M+, but we've pretty much got the hang of it now. Every tank has their own ways to drop stacks. AoE stuns for when mobs hit 30%. It takes some getting used to, but can be done.

They're all challenging at 15+, but if we got through Teeming Skittish Fortified, we can do this week too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Maw of Souls becomes aids even as a paladin during that week. Enraged CC immune soulkeepers are a fucking nightmare to deal with if you don't burst them down hard. Lust is more worth on the miniboss than it is on Helya aswell, since necrotic stacks so fast while fighting him.
    Good tips. You spec Spellwarding and Final Stand this week? Consecrate-slow, of course.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Guardian Druid here on EU (we had this affix 1 week ago, same week as Nighthold opened iirc), and together with a Holy Paladin most of the dungeons are insanely easy. +2'd a 15 EoA in that week, just make sure you go for the giant that spawns little adds instead of the stomper. As long as the stomper isn't enraged, his stomp won't do shit.

Necrotic doesn't really do anything in that entire dungeon, except for the second boss with the oozes. Make sure you as a party don't fail the curses, especially the first one is really important, if you fail: stun oozes or be prepared to wipe.

E: Really, I've ran m+ with a disc priest (with me always being the Druid tank) up until about two weeks ago, never another healer. And changing the DPriest into Shadow while taking a HPala with us has done some hilarious things. With the DPriest healer we didn't make the +15 timer in the Sanguine/Overflowing/Tyrannical week, kept failing on +15 HoV/CoS. Then we made the switch and we're easily +2ing on basically any +15 dungeon (except MoS, it's a really tight timer) in Bolstering/Overflowing/Tyrannical and Raging/Necrotic/Fortified weeks so far.

Now I'm not saying DPriests are useless in m+, but know your group's strengths as well, don't just focus purely on the affixes and avoiding them. Changing your group's specs/classes up can help a ton.
    Last edited by Seditian; 2017-01-31 at 01:18 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winkle View Post
    Based on the situation in EU when we had these a couple of weeks backs you'll be glad to run anything you can find a tank for.
    Pretty much - i tank ONE highlvl to get the weekly over with and then i'm in resto for the rest of the week with such affixes (and some horrible combination of Skittish...)
    Mmm... Bear!
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?

I'm not sure why people think this week is more cancer than the previous, Skittish is what made Teeming Fortified awful because you're forced to facetank shit otherwise you lose threat. But at that point you have to maximize threat gen AND mit, this week you can focus purely on staying alive by kiting.

Deleted
    Take a moonkin with the treants. Easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Imo, the Seacursed Swiftblades are astronomically worse. 1 Seacursed Swiftblade does about the dps of 10 other mobs. Their "Very Sinister Strike" ability does 150% melee damage as shadow, and they do 2 of these at the same time as their auto attacks. On a 15 with raging and fortified, their full 4 hit combo, (which comes out instantly) does around 7 million damage after armor. Really fun when two of them do it to you at the same time.

They're probably my least favorite mob in the entire game, since there's very little counterplay. As a pally tank, my only options are to have both SOTR and Guardian up, or to preemptively magic bop myself to mitigate the shadow damage. Can't even reliably stun the fuckers at 30% because they have around a 50% chance to deflect spells. I wonder if Holy Shield could do some kind of cheesy double block shit since it's magic damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coldvibes View Post
    I'm not sure why people think this week is more cancer than the previous, Skittish is what made Teeming Fortified awful because you're forced to facetank shit otherwise you lose threat. But at that point you have to maximize threat gen AND mit, this week you can focus purely on staying alive by kiting.
    The problem is the mobs that can't be kited very easily. Like things that do massive AoEs or have more movement speed than God.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Raging Necrotic Fortified would have scared me when we started M+, but we've pretty much got the hang of it now. Every tank has their own ways to drop stacks. AoE stuns for when mobs hit 30%. It takes some getting used to, but can be done.

They're all challenging at 15+, but if we got through Teeming Skittish Fortified, we can do this week too.

- - - Updated - - -

Good tips. You spec Spellwarding and Final Stand this week? Consecrate-slow, of course.
    Yeah. I'd rather have final stand so i can do big pulls at the start, and right after 2nd boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ribthanwa View Post
    Find a monk friend so they can Ring of Peace off the tank's necrotic stacks.
    How would that work? Wouldn't the trash just run around it? I'd probably ask the Monk friend for the 4s AoE stun to buy tank time to run away for a bit...

With that said, I am a Monk tank for M+ and these affixes don't look too bad since I can kite them pretty easily. I can see them being a greater pain for tanks that can't kite as easily. Probably VDH, GDru and Prot Pallies may have a harder time unless they can find group mates that can AoE snare/stun the trash for them.

BrMs, BDKs will probably have easier time since they can kite easier. (BrMs have AoE snare and stun and roll/transcendence and BDKs get aoe 70% snare with DnD which they can use to easily kite).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wengel View Post
    Pretty much - i tank ONE highlvl to get the weekly over with and then i'm in resto for the rest of the week with such affixes (and some horrible combination of Skittish...)
    I'm actually the other way around. I main heals, but will switch to tank for this for the challenge. Besides, I'd rather be the one taking the massive damage than the one having to heal it. If anyone dies, the first person the group usually blames is the healer.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2017-01-31 at 08:49 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    These affixes are nasty, but prefer it to any variation of skittish 100 fold.

DK really isn't awful on skittish, sans a few instances. AMS prevents application (better with cape obviously), and we have probably the best kiting tools. Aside from a couple trash mobs that can't be snared or stunned (MoS is one of them), you can very easily kite anything that you need to, and should do it when things start to go near 30%.

This week is worse because of fortified though, raging with tyrannical is a far better combo. With this week affixes, I can do large packs but I have to resort to kiting, with Tyrannical you can generally do moderate sized packs and still face tank them without issue.

As far as building comps go a lot of the same things apply to this week as other weeks. You still want AoE stuns but you'll probably want to use them when you're approaching the raging threshold, or to help the tank drop necrotic stacks. Another thing that's useful is to bring people who can taunt (any plate class, monks) so you can ping pong mob/boss back and forth to help drop stacks off.

Hilariously MoS is probably one of the worst instances with these affixes because the trash is pretty awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Arensky View Post
    Easiest dungeons in order from easiest to "meh":

Avoid: Neltharion's Lair
    Interesting, this was my Keymaster run back in November with ~880 gear. It took us 3 attempts: one practice run, one failed run on (surprise surprise) 1st pull, and then the win. TBH, it was quite easy. Warrior tank, jumping around, my mage slowing stuff with flame patch. Only tedious thing was 1st pull, rest was pretty straightforward.
    Last edited by stevenho; 2017-02-01 at 12:50 AM.

For levels 10-15 my general advice for Raging/Necrotic/Fortified would be:

If pushing the max level you are capable of:
    Easier = EoA, CoS
    Neutral = BrH, HoV
    Harder: Arcway, Maw, DHT, Nelth's, VotW.

This will be entirely dependent on the dps your team can output and team comp though. For instance, I'm listing Maw as one of the harder ones with these affixes because a lot of the trash hits hard, and is un-CCable... however it's still quick to run, and if you aren't pushing the limits of your gear, you'll be able to kill the mobs before necrotic stacks become a problem. Likewise if you have a pally tank with two different ways to reset necrotic stacks, you might also find Maw to be a non-issue. But in general, unless you are pushing the upper limits of what your group can handle, any of them will be doable within the time limit.

EoA gives you lots of room to kite. CoS only hard parts would be imps (which you should be able to burst down) and the mini-boss near the end - neither of which should really be a problem. HoV is just long, and has a couple tricky packs, but nothing too bad. The ones I listed in the harder section have either a ton of hard hitting trash, or certain pulls that will be a nightmare if you are pushing your limits.
    Life is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Imo, resto shaman and prot paladin are the best for it. Blessing of Spellwarding allows you to reset stacks on a fairly small cooldown. Bubble also resets stacks and it actually makes the bubble taunt talent kind of decent. Paladin also has good kiting options with Consecrated Ground and pony.

Spirit Link is brokenly good and can basically keep a tank up through anything if the dps are aware enough to jump into it. The 10% health increase is not bad either.
    plus holy shield blocks necrotic applications so decently itemized palas get like 40% less necrotic stacks.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinie View Post
    Take a moonkin with the treants. Easy.
    Be kind to your chickens boys, they make necrotic trivial.