Mythic Nighthold, Tavern Crawl Disabled, PvP Brawl, Crafted Legendary Items, Giveaway

Top 5 Demon Hunter Builds for Season 9

Hearthstone Week in Review: Jan 23 - 29

Mythic Nighthold Progression
    Serenity and Exorsus are now at 9/10, with Method and From Scratch at 8/10. Fusion has dropped back to 7/10 due to exploiting the encounter.

Patch 7.1.5 Hotfixes - January 30
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Classes

Companions

• Lagan is no longer tradeable, and is unique.

Dungeons and Raids

The Nighthold

Krosus
    • The damaging effects of Claw of the Crystalline Scorpid and Arcanogolem Digit should now hit very large creatures like Krosus.

Gul’dan
    • Resolved an issue where players afflicted by Empowered Bonds of Fel would fail to recieve warning text.

Player versus Player

Kirin Tor Tavern Crawl Disabled
    The Kirin Tor Tavern Crawl micro-holiday is unfortunately suffering from some issues that didn’t come up in PTR testing, and we have been unable to correct via hotfix. As such, we've had to disable it. Apologies for the inconvenience!

PvP Brawls With The Blues!
    Over the next few weeks, we’ll be jumping into 7.2’s new PvP Brawls on the Public Test Realm, and you’re invited to join us!

Several members of the World of Warcraft development, quality assurance, and community teams will be queuing for PvP Brawls between 3 PM and 5 PM Pacific (6 PM and 8 PM Eastern) every Friday, starting on February 3rd and continuing through February 17th. If you’d like to join, simply log into the PTR and queue for a Brawl during that time.

Blizzard employees will be identified in game by their guild (either or ). We’re looking forward to having you fighting alongside us -- or sending us to the graveyard -- in the Brawls!

Crafted Legendary Items in 7.2
    Crafted legendary items are coming in Patch 7.2, but they aren't ready to be previewed just yet.
    What you're seeing through datamining regarding these items right now is EXTREMELY unfinished -- that's why we haven't enabled them for testing on the PTR yet, and currently don't plan to for at least a couple weeks. I wouldn't take their current state as anything more than "there will probably be some Legendary items obtainable through crafting."

They should make a lot more sense once they're in a more fleshed-out state. I'd love to be able to share more details now but, frankly, they're so early in the design process that most of the details don't yet exist.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Artifact Power in Patch 7.2
    You mention that "Completing this quest chain will consume any ranks beyond 35, increase the overall power of your Artifact Weapon (to ensure that losing ranks 35+ isn’t a downgrade)". How will this work for players with rank between 35 and 54? Will they never be able to get as strong a weapon as those who got to Rank 54 before the refund? Or will it be just a flat increase to the power of everyone's artifact weapon, regardless of the rank they had? (Ie. a player with Rank 37 will get just as much of an increase than a player with Rank 54, the only difference being how much AP they have due to the refunded Ranks).
    It will be a flat increase.

The person who currently has Rank 54 will still have a stronger overall weapon though due to the fact that they will receive more refunded Artifact Power, thus immediately being able to purchase more of the new traits than someone who was at Rank 37 before 7.2. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Artifact Power in Patch 7.2
    if i use AP-items and save up points on an artifact without using them, will i be able to put them into the new talents when they are available?Yes, but there's no benefit in doing this:
    • You'll need to have reached the 35th trait in order to unlock the new traits
    • Any AP you've spent on traits 35-54 will be refunded when you unlock the new traits (as the 35th trait is consumed in order to unlock them), so you'll be able to re-spend that AP immediately
    This week's build should have the 7.2 traits available, should hopefully be a lot more clear once you can see how it works in-game.

2 issues:
    - Before 7.1.5 players were at rank 54 and put more AP into the weapon
    - Players can stay at rank 53 and keep adding AP to the weapon

So players have more AP in the weapon than 54 ranks require. What'll happen to this "extra" AP? Will it also be refunded or "deleted"?

The current Artifact Power cap is based on total amount of AP, not on number of ranks purchased. Once you have enough AP to buy your 54th rank, you'll no longer be able to add additional AP, regardless of whether you actually buy that final rank or not.

Any additional AP beyond 54 will not be refunded. The core intent here is that you cannot farm Artifact Power beyond what is useful in Patch 7.1.5 until Patch 7.2 releases. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Class Mounts
    does the druid mount replace the flight form or is it a seperate button?
    separate button but acts a lot like flight form (instant cast, etc) (Muffinus)

Ok, actually the Blazing Disc looks great. Though I was hoping it'd be made entirely of fire! XD Still! Will it leave a trail?
    .each of the little fiery balls leaves a trail, also each mount of each class has custom summon and dismiss spell effects (Muffinus)
    what about the frost mage mount? Does it leave a frosty trail?
    yes (Muffinus)

With this in mind, will the shaman mounts have different element variants?
    yes (Muffinus)

Misc
    Did you change or remove PvP Templates yet? I'm still waiting for it!
    Templates have been good for balance/accessibility, bad for feeling of customization. Gear/AP/Honor still provide progression. (holinka)
    Some things we can improve with templates but overall happy with direction. (holinka)

Misc
    Are there any requirements for the "challenge mode" version of the Pet Battle Dungeon?
    3 max level pets (Muffinus)
    Over 3 level pets and don't have access to it. Thanks for all the work you put forward for the pet battle community!
    shoot I think I'm wrong, what did the Celestial Tourney require? 10? Maybe that? (Muffinus)

Misc
    ffxGlow still doesnt turn off invis effect, which is the one that makes me vomit (this one)Glad to… https://t.co/4rOXpJ8HcO
    Gotcha, thanks. We'll see about adding that effect to those disabled by ffxGlow. (WarcraftDevs)

Layers of Fear Giveaway
    We've been given 40 copies of the Layers of Fear game to give away! Layers of Fear is a first-person psychedelic horror game with a heavy focus on story and exploration.

• The giveaway is for 40 x Layers of Fear game copies
    • To enter the giveaway, just reply to this topic on the forum, not this news post!
    • The giveaway will be closed on Sunday, February 5th at 11:59 PM EST and winners will be chosen randomly within five business days.
    • Winners will be contacted by PM on the site. There is no email alert by default, you will need to log in and check your PMs.
    • A note will be added to the top of the current news post when winners have been PMed.
    • Winners have 72 hours to respond before another winner will be selected to replace them.

Last edited by chaud; 2017-01-31 at 04:03 AM.

That's too bad. Was actually looking forward to the tavern crawl!

Quote Originally Posted by sinisterbee View Post
    That's too bad. Was actually looking forward to the tavern crawl!
    ye me too =/, but hey..it's better that they catch it now and fix it then it went live with all the problems and people getting pissed off (which some people do..waaaay too much)

cant wait for them to fix it though, sounds like alot of fun.

Problem is - we need to wait another year for the holiday again.

They pretend they put so little time into those event and they don't even work... HAHAHAHAHA what a joke.

Would be nice if the pub crawl is rescheduled for a later date this year and return to normal next year.

Psychedelic horror? Don't you mean Psychological horror?

I can't imagine a Jimmy Hendrix concert being all that horrifying... unless you're having a bad acid trip.

Does anyone know what kind of issues they were? Just curious. Also seems a bit weird they didn't provide any further information. Will it be coming back this year? Or will we have to wait until next year?

I'm wondering about the new craft legendaries what passive abilities would have if they have some.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirthealer View Post
    They pretend they put so little time into those event and they don't even work... HAHAHAHAHA what a joke.

you just contradicted yourself...

Any idea what the exploit was that fusion did?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    They pulled the add outside the door with a monk teleport. Add despawns and door opens again. They even published a video of it right after. Almost like they WANTED to be banned for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mguzz222 View Post
    Hi thank you

- - - Updated - - -

Hello there give me free stuff
    not only that, but you can also on augus, when you get the "debuff" which spawns the add "thing should not be", just heartstone. Then the add won't spawn

Quote Originally Posted by Spirthealer View Post
    Just change the name, and make it based off St. Patricks day.

I still cant get over the fact paladins and warlocks get another fucking horse. Paladins Have enough horses! ID rather something stupid like a glowing surfboard over this shit.

To enter the giveaway, just reply to this topic on the forum, not this news post!
    People need to start reading the rules.

Someone with twitter, please ask them about the hunter stable slots. Will it be upgraded in the future? More slots? More like the transmog ui? Would be nice to hear something about that too.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Eye of Leotheras scaled with the more damage they did?

I was wondering what was up because in BG's and arenas, if this wasn't dispelled it would literally solo 75% of the lock/boomy/mage's HP lol....it would be my top damage at like 45% with the next thing down being 15%

Quote Originally Posted by Ram2191 View Post
    I still cant get over the fact paladins and warlocks get another fucking horse. Paladins Have enough horses! ID rather something stupid like a glowing surfboard over this shit.
    You just assume that every paladin player character is human race, right?