Trinket Advice: Appendages or Ehereal Urn

Hi! Simcraft gives me odd Results on which Trinket to use...Maybe you can give some Advice for my Gear-Setup and Optimization!

My Caharacter: Rangatira, Thrall / EU

I have Appendages ilvl 875 and the Urn for choice. My other Trinket i will always use is DoS.
    Simcraft tells me that the Urn would give me over 7k more DpS than Appendages...Although Appendages are still reffered to be one of our best Trinket options als Arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you updated sim-c recently? There was a hotfix that fixed a bug with the trinket proccing too much, and another a few days later that added damage to it to compensate. As a result, if you have a version of sim-c that is between those periods, it'll give you wonky results.

I would assume SA is better, based on the information provided. I can't sim it tonight, but later tomorrow if you don't have an answer I can.

Thanks for your offer. I donwloaded the "newer" Version of SimCraft right now and i will try to sim it again. But i thought that i already had the newest Version.
    Nevertheless, i simed it also on askmrrobot. And the Results were that SA seems to be better than the Urn...so whom can i trust?^^

from what i have heared/read, appendages benefit from CS, that may be the reason why it is so good, with high lvls of mastery their damage just becomes insane, not 100% sure but they may benefit from battle cry aswell, not a warrior player myself so i got no proof for that, and from what i know they can proc your auto attack talents/traits aswell, so if you got any of those that works aswell, i know that it works for enha shamans to proc stormbringer

There are no Talents that can procc from AutoAttacks as Arms Warrior.
    Simed it again an again the same Results: Urn is better than SA.
    I had also fights in mythic + dungeons, where SA wouldnt procc one single time...so maybe the benefit of the strength from the urn is better than a procc, that isnt reliable?

Or a proc right as you have to get off the boss or mechanic.

Deleted
    Go for the urn. It increases the damage of DoS significantly. Also SA is too random since the patch.

Deleted
    Appendages is better than the urn, even with the latest changes. I don't know which version of SimC you're running but I just ran a quick sim on your character out of curiosity and appendages shows an 7k increase over the urn. Yesteday's build on SimC and 450 second fight length. If you used the link on the download page, that is older and doesn't sim some trinkets propely, click on the nightly builds link on the downloads page and get the latest from there.

Also they both increase the damage of DoS equally, as it's only increased by mastery not STR.

Appendages is better, but that doesn't mean you will always get the best results with it. Problem with SA since the nerf (and then buff) is that the proc rate is low but the damage is very high, which means the trinket can either be incredible, decent or plain terrible depending on RNG. Urn is good all the time, which can be nice especially if dps is tight and you need to be sure you're performing well at a specific moment, since you can't control when SA is providing its contribution.

Both are very nice trinkets to have. I personally use Draught + Arcano Crystal most of the time, for consistency because though I have Terrorbound Nexus (880) and Appendages (885) they are too random for me.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2017-02-06 at 07:38 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I use urn too. Ill take consistency any day

Urn, probaly simcraft is right and in cleave/aoe the benefit of the urn is even higher

I thought DoS is only affected by your actual weapon damage (ilvl of the weapon, not your total damage) and Versa? I'll have to take off my Urn to see if DoS is really affected or not. At work at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsujin View Post
    I thought DoS is only affected by your actual weapon damage (ilvl of the weapon, not your total damage) and Versa? I'll have to take off my Urn to see if DoS is really affected or not. At work at the moment.
    Mastery causes you to deal additional damage to affected targets by a % so yes it affects Draught of Souls. I did test this and saw a difference of 2million damage per cast from unequipping some mastery gear. Ilvl of weapon isn't a factor for the damage scaling, the trinket still does big damage without a weapon equipped because it's only scaling off of your 35-54 damage bonus traits.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2017-02-15 at 10:40 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4